• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Renewed For S7

bitbydeath

giphy.gif

Marvel Entertainment has announced that it has handed out a seventh season order for “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”.

The sixth season isn’t scheduled to go to air until the second half of 2019.

in a press release which indicates the same cast and crew are all coming back though pointedly there’s no mention of lead star Clark Gregg in the cast list

http://www.darkhorizons.com/marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-renewed-for-s7/

I stopped watching early on when...

Ward was revealed to be a double agent working for Hydra. The things he did early on didn't fit that plotline at all, and all of a sudden he's looking like Mr Evil Face every time he's in a room alone, whereas before he'd continue to look concerned and worried for his team members when he was alone. I know it's just a comic book show, but the way it was handled really bothered me, and then he was just sticking around and being evil without anyone knowing for several episodes after, and it just felt tiresome and stupid. Kind of like a lesser version of the fucking awful "Captain America was a Hydra agent all along" comic that was happening around the same time.

As someone who stopped watching, I was wondering, how did they ever resolve that plot point? Was Ward somehow a triple agent, or did he turn good, or was his secret discovered? I wanted to know, but the episodes started feeling painful to watch, so I never found out.

He was great in Until Dawn, though.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Ward was revealed to be a double agent working for Hydra. The things he did early on didn't fit that plotline at all, and all of a sudden he's looking like Mr Evil Face every time he's in a room alone, whereas before he'd continue to look concerned and worried for his team members when he was alone. I know it's just a comic book show, but the way it was handled really bothered me, and then he was just sticking around and being evil without anyone knowing for several episodes after, and it just felt tiresome and stupid. Kind of like a lesser version of the fucking awful "Captain America was a Hydra agent all along" comic that was happening around the same time.

As someone who stopped watching, I was wondering, how did they ever resolve that plot point? Was Ward somehow a triple agent, or did he turn good, or was his secret discovered? I wanted to know, but the episodes started feeling painful to watch, so I never found out.

It keeps getting better and better the most recent season wasn’t as good as the one that came before but that season was ultimate GOAT status.

pramod

Banned
I dont even watch the show but im glad it was renewed. We need more obscure Marvel chracters like Graviton get their time in the spotlight.

trikster40

Nope, he stayed bad.
Ended up getting killed by Coulson on a different planet and then his corpse was taken over by Hive.

Top Bottom