• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Tenet” - 2020, new Christopher Nolan film

Delayed again, new date July 31st

First trailer has dropped

release date: July 17th, 2020 delayed Juky 31st

Tenet is an upcoming action thriller film written and directed by Christopher Nolan and produced by Nolan and Emma Thomas. It stars John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, Dimple Kapadia, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Clémence Poésy, Michael Caine, and Kenneth Branagh.

Hijack my dreams and send me to another solar system if old.

EDIT

New trailer is up!

Last edited:
U8qWOBc.jpg

Mato

Visually, the trailer doesn't look particularly striking or surreal. It just looks like a typical action thriller. It hasn't really ignited my curiosity which is important if you are trying to sell me on a scifi or thriller film. That is to say, I'm not hooked. I'll probably watch it eventually when I'm out of films to watch.

jts

...hate me...
Eh, I'm in. I'm sure it's going to be good mindless fun, even if afterwards we have to deal with Nolanbois calling it the second coming.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Nolan has enough goodwill in my view that I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that whatever he makes is probably going to be good, so I'll forgo the trailer so I can watch the movie fresh.

When does it come out?

Last edited:

Fbh

Looks interesting. I didn't like Dunkirk but I sill have enough trust in him that just having his name attached gets me interested.
And I still appreciate how he doesn't tend to spoil the entire movie with the trailer.

GV82

Ten Ten eh? I see, whatever that means.

Look like a cross between inception & memento a little bit. I think Chris Nolans films should be known as Fuck with the Concept of

E.g

Chris Nolan Fucks with the Concept of Memory - Memento

Chris Nolan Fucks with the Concept of Dreams - Inception

Chris Nolan Fucks with the Concept of Space - Interstellar

and so on. I am digging this trailer

Last edited:
That highway sequence at the end of the trailer was filmed in Tallinn/Estonia my hometown.

They were filming this sequence July this year.
Closed one of our major highways for 3 weeks and people were pissed.

Here are some pics:
Isn112H.jpg

mvwf1Xe.jpg

5BisKwh.jpg

I think this is the grey car that flipped in the trailer
kAhk30W.jpg

And here are some crew members taking a piss at the back of the gas station.
y9aYUVo.jpg

Someone mentioned how Nolan films fuck with different things. But to me the constant in all Nolan films is time. In Dunkirk we have 3 different times shown simultaneously that take 3 different lengths of time and everyone is against the clock, a ticking clock is pretty much always playing during the film as well. In Interstellar we have relativity and people going through 20 years in a half hour and actual time travel. In Inception time changes based on your dreams, similar to Interstellar except the outside world sees it as the normal amount and for you it was the long amount. I'd have to think through the rest but TDKR involved people working against a ticking clock on a bomb.

O-N-E

Someone mentioned how Nolan films fuck with different things. But to me the constant in all Nolan films is time. In Dunkirk we have 3 different times shown simultaneously that take 3 different lengths of time and everyone is against the clock, a ticking clock is pretty much always playing during the film as well. In Interstellar we have relativity and people going through 20 years in a half hour and actual time travel. In Inception time changes based on your dreams, similar to Interstellar except the outside world sees it as the normal amount and for you it was the long amount. I'd have to think through the rest but TDKR involved people working against a ticking clock on a bomb.

Time is the ultimate enemy of humanity. It's a great element to have in your story.

Mahadev

I fucking love Nolan, it's a shame his brother isn't writing this movie either given that Nolan's best movies were written by him but I'll still definitely watch this at the cinema.

mortal

Gold Member
Agreed, time has been a central motif in Nolan's films ever since Following. One could even call it a fixation.

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Thought for a second that the actor was Chiwetel Ejiofor, but its that dude from BlacKkKlansman which I still need to watch. Trailer didn't hype me up too much, but Nolan usually knows how to get ur blood pumping so I'll eventually check it out.

looks pretty awesome. it looks like after his "rebirth" they can somehow move backwards in time relative to the people in his team

sol_bad

$225 million budget.
Fuck me.

Something tells me they are hiding a lot of the visuals we will be seeing in this film.
Looks good to me even without all the visual pizaz.

*EDIT*
Also, I just want to say that Dunkirk was so god damn fucking incredibly fan fucking tastic in IMAX. That film has the most aggressive audio track I have ever heard in my life.
AMEZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
$225 million budget.
Fuck me.

Something tells me they are hiding a lot of the visuals we will be seeing in this film.
Looks good to me even without all the visual pizaz.

*EDIT*
Also, I just want to say that Dunkirk was so god damn fucking incredibly fan fucking tastic in IMAX. That film has the most aggressive audio track I have ever heard in my life.
AMEZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really loved Dunkirk..

Dunkirk is a like Bioshock: Infinite for me in the sense that I absolutely loved it and didn't realize I was in the minority until I went online and saw discussions about it. I had no idea so many people hated it until I looked into it.. ..................................

Top Bottom