• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“The Batman” dated for 2021, NO Ben Affleck

https://deadline.com/2019/01/the-batman-june-2021-release-date-ben-affleck-not-starring-1202545821/

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros. is dating their next rendition of Batman for June 25, 2021. This is the one that Matt Reeveshas been attached to as writer and director. Ben Affleck, we hear, will not be donning the Dark Knight’s tights after playing the Caped Crusader in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad and Justice League and that’s because this movie will focus on a younger Bruce Wayne.

The Batman will not be based on Frank Miller’s Batman: Year One comic which is one of Reeves’ favorites in the Caped Crusader canon.

I imagine they make the casting decision relatively soon?

Jared Leto for Batman and every character pls

giphy.gif

Lol what the fuck is this from? He looks 16

Javthusiast

Banned
Wtf. Why does it take them this long to make a good batman movie? 2021!?

It will be 9 fookin years since his last standalone movie.

Last edited:
Good. His Batman was such a doofus. They want a young Bruce now, I wonder who would be a good fit. You guys think it will be an unknown? Something tells me that if The Batman (2021) shares the same world as Joker (2019) then the actor will be someone who has worked with Joaquin Phoenix in the past.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
'Passes the torch to the next generation of Bruce Wayne'

Hehe

Catphish

Not another freaking origin please. If I have to see Thomas and Martha Wayne die one more time in that alley I'm getting up right then and there and walking out of the theatre.
This. One thousand times this.

We all know the origin. Please don't do it again.

cr0w

Old Member
Best live-action Batman we've ever gotten, in my opinion. I trust Reeves, but I hope whoever they cast is as physically imposing as Affleck was in the suit. An absolute beast.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I never liked Affleck as an actor (good director tho) so I was worried when I heard he would be Batman. Surprisingly, he was the best Batman ever and actually, finally, advanced the character in some way. Now they're ditching that and going back to early Batman again? Hell naw. You get Affleck's new and improved Batman to help beat Darkseid or I won't be watching.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Younger? Well, shit. There goes my hope of Justin Theroux. Just look at this dude. If that ain't Bruce Wayne, I don't know who is.

justin-theroux-260-260.jpeg

Airbus Jr

Banned
Younger? Well, shit. There goes my hope of Justin Theroux. Just look at this dude. If that ain't Bruce Wayne, I don't know who is.

justin-theroux-260-260.jpeg

That doesn't look like Bruce Wayne at all

And anyone shorter than 6'3 can forget about playing Batman😆

Last edited:

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
why not that black dude woke people always say should play every white guy role, idris elba?

JimiNutz

Banned
I heard a rumour that there will be multiple villains in this and that they will use a lot of the rogues gallery which I really hope is true.

My dream Batman film might actually be something based on Arkham Asylum with Batman trapped in the asylum tackling multiple villains.

elCT

Neo Member
Never really liked Affleck as Batman. It's paled in comparison with Bale's representation and I feel like we may need a very different Batman. Just like all Spider-Men have been varied since 2000, Batmen also should be.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I thought Ben Affleck did a great job as both Batman / Bruce Wayne. I felt he showed his compassion for the innocent well.

Batman-Ben-Affleck-970x545.jpeg

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Wasn't Begins also loosely based on Batman: Year One?

I liked the direction they were going with Affleck Batman.

In before they make a black/female/trans Batman /s lol.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I think it would be great to have two on-going Batman’s existing (Affleck’s take, and whomever the next STAR is) truth is I’d love to have Bale back

JimiNutz

Banned
I saw Dan Stevens suggested as a possible Batman and that's my favourite pick so far. I've only seen him in The Guest and Apostle but based on those two roles I can see him having the intensity required to play Batman and also the charm to play Bruce Wayne. He's only 6 ft tall so slightly under height and would need to pack on some size. They would also need to dye his hair because Bruce should be dark and not fair haired.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I was really saddened to read that he's no longer Batman. He did a great job... Not really excited for this new movie anymore

highrider

Banned
Thought Ben did a great job. No younger actor really comes to mind. No manlets, needs to be imposing like Ben was in the suit.

They are going to make the Court of Owls the omni background villains in this trilogy or whatever arc, aren't they?

I am okay with this though.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

Last edited:
Top Bottom