• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“The Batman” dated for 2021, NO Ben Affleck

Kenpachii

Less buff, more lean.

Last batman was ridiculous. Couldn't take it serious. Also affleck acting in it was terrible.

Honestly i would just rest the ip for a decade or two before picking it up again with a new actor.

Ben Affleck was trash as Batman, he couldn't act for shit, he did what always does, plays himself, and the only good thing about him was the size, everything else fell apart. I am so happy that he's out of the picture.

JimiNutz

Banned
I don't dislike Pattinson, nor do I think he's a bad actor because of Twilight. But as Batman? A physical superhero? Ehhhhhhh.....

I def get what you're saying but Keaton wasn't exactly a physical specimen either and Bale had to put on a lot of weight before Begins. Same with Evans as Cap, Hemsworth as Thor etc.

Pattinson just needs to get on that Holywood roids + personal trainer + dietician routine and he'll be fine. He might not end up huge like Affleck but I'm sure he can put on enough size to portray a younger Batman convincingly.

I def get what you're saying but Keaton wasn't exactly a physical specimen either and Bale had to put on a lot of weight before Begins. Same with Evans as Cap, Hemsworth as Thor etc.

Pattinson just needs to get on that Holywood roids + personal trainer + dietician routine and he'll be fine. He might not end up huge like Affleck but I'm sure he can put on enough size to portray a younger Batman convincingly.

Good point about Keaton.

I don't watch enough movies of Pattinson to know if he's a good actor or not (never watch any of the Twilight movies). has he ever worked in any non-romantic themed movies? I feel that all the movies I remember him in he's always the main love interest or something. does he has the range to actually play Bruce/Bats?

I don't watch enough movies of Pattinson to know if he's a good actor or not (never watch any of the Twilight movies). has he ever worked in any non-romantic themed movies? I feel that all the movies I remember him in he's always the main love interest or something. does he has the range to actually play Bruce/Bats?

The best case for him as Batman was his performance in "Good Time," from 2017. Good movie and he is really good in it.

good-time.png

Overall I don't think he is a "great" actor but I think he is much better than the Twilight nonsense. I feel many, if not all,. the actors in those films were basically "thematically imprisoned" into a creative void.

As I have stated previously, I believe he will be just fine as young Bruce/Batman.

I am more curious/concerned with the script/movie itself than his casting.

Last edited:
Doesn’t really matter who is casted. After the Nolan Batman trilogy from 2005 to 2012, it will be hard to top that quality and sense of grittiness.
We were living in the future in the past. Nolan's movies and the tech featured in it look fucking better than movies made today.

I find it funny that "The Batman" will be going back to the '90s. And Joker is already set during the start of the '80s. Christopher Nolan has forced DC into another route because they likely know they can't fuck with what he's already put on the plate. Pretty bad ass.

Top Bottom