• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10-year-old antiabortion protester shoved; Anti-Trump activist reached out to help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
Weirdest gaf suicide I have see, If you're going to go out, go out, not defending the assault of a 10 year old. Damn.

Any news if they have suspects?

You must not have been here for the rival forum account suicides with crazy Evilore photoshop dumps. Now those were some crazy shit. This stuff here is becoming more and more common i'm getting numb to it.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I agree with both of these points. What the hell is happening today.

mqvW7ST.jpg

PSqueak

Banned
So do people think the kid who burned the Trump sign and said that Trump wasn't his president or some shit is OK but this is not?

He's also just being used as a prop by their parents as much.

But at least you can argue that a kid can understand the concept of a bully being bad, i doubt a 10 year old can grasp fully the moral and ethical implications and human rights involved in anti/pro legality of abortion.

Maybe it's just me but I don't see the need to bring a 10-year-old to an anti-abortion rally. Leave the kid at home. He's too young, let him make his own decisions. He doesn't fully understand what's going on right now.

Ironically, he's probably more mature than half the people there.

low-G

Eh, not like anti-abortion is on the same tier as Nazis. Leave the shoving and namecalling for the Nazi 10 year olds.

Fuck this kids parents for bringing him to a protest that can become heated and for forcing their viewpoint on him without him having a choice. Also screw the protestors who pushed him.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
lets talk about the ten years of abuse and manipulation by his family and ignore that he was verbally and physically assaulted in public

Everyone has a right to an opinion. You disagreeing with this particular family and their views doesn't make it wrong. The shit part is how he was treated by the other protestors in this story and you know it.

hao chi

Props to anyone willing to go against the crowd to do the right thing. That's not an easy thing to do. That lady did good.

ColdPizza

Banned
Why is it troubling?

Well, we had one person who was okay with verbally and physically assaulting the kid. Then we had a smattering of people whose primary takeaway was the shitty parenting without condemning the violence. I think one person actually commented on the warmth and generosity of the woman who helped the child.

ColdPizza

Banned
Everyone has a right to an opinion. You disagreeing with this particular family and their views doesn't make it wrong. The shit part is how he was treated by the other protestors in this story and you know it.

I may be wrong but I think he was being sarcastic.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Well, we had one person who was okay with verbally and physically assaulting the kid. Then we had a smattering of people whose primary takeaway was the shitty parenting without condemning the violence. I think one person actually commented on the warmth and generosity of the woman who helped the child.

Okay, thank you for clarifying. I initially interpreted your post the wrong way. I also interpreted that the person you replied to as being sarcastic and that you were agreeing with him. Apologies.

And yes, I agree with you about the woman. Good on her.

Ekai

Both parts are shit and you know it.

I feel sorry for that kid and I hope he'll be alright. While I question the kid's parents actions from bringing him to something like this, just like I said when that police officer pepper sprayed a little kid, fuck the asshole for pushing around a little kid and those assholes for harassing him.

I have no tolerance towards fucking adults inflicting harm on children, verbally or physically.

Loxley

How the fuck does grown ass adult mock and bully a 10 year old

Especially since there's a high chance this kid doesn't even understand what the hell he's protesting or why he's protesting it, just that his dad told him abortions were bad and liberals are evil.

Xe4

Banned
I'm of the opinion you should never bring your kids out to protest for you. It's a shitty thing to do to indoctrinate them with your views so much they want to protest it, and puts them in danger if a protest gets violent. This was a really shitty thing for the parent to do, and she takes the most blame after the person who shoved the kid.

The biggest pice of shit is the person that bullied the kid though, seriously how fucking scum do you have to be to do that.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
How the fuck does grown ass adult mock and bully a 10 year old

Because said person is FIGHTING FOR RIGHTS they can do what they want or something it's JUSTICE!

Seriously it was a 10 year old kid. I give props to the girl that comforted him. Also fuck that kids parents.

That seems to me like an extremely abnormal case.
It was, there are quite a few special cases of younger children doing horrible stuff. Some pretty gruesome shit. But it's not common at all.

10 year olds are not super stupid but they are easily manipulated and swayed. They still are at a point where they are forming their personality and still have lots of room to take in the world around them and form their own feelings on things as time goes on.

LordKasual

Banned
It's a 10 year old. He doesn't know shit.

People cling to their politics so heavily that it just turns them into complete morons.

What drives you to physically assault a child who is 100% just regurgitating whatever his parents told him.

sinkfla87

Sick to have your kid out there as a prop

I completely agree. We have Street Preachers (wish I thought of this band name first) on our street corners every Saturday morning screaming at passing cars about how everyone is going to go to hell, we're all sinners, typical hate speech, blah blah blah. I die a little inside every time I see them have their 5 year old children screaming along with them :(.

A 10 year old being fed information from his family members doesn't know any better. He didn't deserve to be physically assaulted and berated.

Seriously. I could have been that kid when I was younger—I was that kid. I went to the annual pro-life march in D.C. with people from my church mainly as a way to get out of school for the day and to hang out with friends. I was obnoxiously pro-life until my late teens, too.

Fuck the people who shoved and harassed him.

Biske

Don't be a dick to kids, not under any circumstance.

Also don't bring your kids to protest. Jesus.

Certainly not at 10.

If they are like 16 and politically active and minded sure.

But 10? Go play kid, don't worry about this bullshit yet.

mid83

I'm always weirded out by kids being outspoken about politics at such a young age. There was a 9 or 10 year old being interviewed on Fox this morning wearing a MAGA hat and saying he wanted to be a President like Trump one day. You are way too young to have a grasp on political issues at that age so it's definitely the parent who is bringing their kid out there essentially as a prop. That said, I don't advocate violence at any rally (I also don't agree with Richard Spencer being punched as much of a disgusting pile of garbage he is) but to push a kid is extra gross. Disgusting people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom