• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1001 Spikes on Switch possibly getting retail release?

Nicalis said:
#WhatIf #1001Spikes #NintendoSwitch

C4LIgRaVYAERwh3.jpg:orig

https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/829445975806611456

Wow, Nicalis is actually putting in effort to get their stuff at retail if this is the case (umm, pun not intended). They're also bringing Redout and Issac Afterbirth+ to retail. They have Cave Story and another in the works for Switch (Edit: Hydra Castle Labyrinth), but no hint of retail releases for those just yet.

HeySeuss

I thought cartridges were slightly more expensive than disks? Maybe they are just gauging interest to see if it would be cost effective.

TimmiT

Seeing how they use the hashtag "#WhatIf" I'd take this more "hey this thing would be cool if it actually happened" rather than it possibly actually happening.

Dartastic

Wait, this is coming to Switch? I'm going to purchase the hell out of this too.

Seriously, the portability and home aspect of the Switch is incredible for indies.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Wow, that cover art is fucking great.

I liked this game a lot. I would gladly buy it on Switch... doubly so for a retail copy.

Windtrick

Genuinely thought it was La Mulana from that art for a second. I'd love to be able to own a physical version of these games.

I have this game on Xbox One. Probably one of the saltiest experiences that I've had in the last few years. But it feels so good when you finally beat a level.

Top Bottom