• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

12 Monkeys | Unmake History - Fridays on Syfy |OT|

GavinUK86

Woo, just watched that finale.

GOD FUCKING DAMN.

12 Monkey's ups their game every season and this one is so tight, so perfectly paced, it's beautiful.

Man, this final season is going to be INCREDIBLE.

I was skeptical about the way this season was going to be released but after watching it for 3 nights, it was genius. It felt like the perfect way to watch.

mm04

The format definitely worked for me. Really good season and I'm so glad they're going to be able to wrap it up on their terms. As far as who
Cole's Mom is, it would be shocking if it's not the obvious.
Like Zoe said though, the humor hit all the right spots. Nothing Jennifer does falls flat. Great writing for her and great acting. So how long is our wait for the final season?

Up to episode 8 now. Cassie and Cole are so good together. This little rags to riches montage is adorable.

Edit: Oh man, Jennifer with the explosive entrance.

Hmm, the Witness's face looks familiar.

element

Yeah
Jennifer. Considering their interaction throughout the entire series, maybe especially the first season, her being his mum would be an amazing turn of events imo
Pretty sure it is going to be Jennifer. I just binged watch all three seasons right when S3 aired, so seeing how Cole's dad reacts the first time you see him is pretty clear that Cole's mom was crazy.

spock

Up to ep6. Great season of a great show that needs more love. All those involved with the show have really done an amazing job. Throw me with rest of team Jennifer as well. She's continually grown into such a great character.

That finale. Wow. This has been one of my favorites shows since it started, and this was definitely the best season so far.

Holy shit at Olivia. And Jennifer has got to be the mother, right? The whole otter eyes thing sounds like something a mother would call her child.

Soulfire

Has it been mentioned anywhere when this will be uploaded to Hulu? I can't watch it on SyFy's website because we don't have cable.

Finished it. What a great season! Can't wait for the final run. So used to shows getting canceled or extended too long, four years and out is refreshing. That finale was great. Episode 9 reminded of losts across the sea except pulled off much better. Loved the finale.

Egg0

Banned
Haven't seen this season yet, hoping to binge it this sunday.

Have they announced a season 4? If so, that's great. Because it seemed like they were sending the show to die by showing all of it in 3 days.

Zoe

Have they announced a season 4? If so, that's great. Because it seemed like they were sending the show to die by showing all of it in 3 days.

Yes, announced the same time they announced the 3-day binge.

DeviantBoi

For some reason I thought this was the end of the series.

Saw the finale and was confused.

Then I read there's a 4th season coming.

liquidtmd

Banned
Man oh man, I finished the series last night.

If Season 4 is on par with Season 3 and they stick the landing, I'll be so so happy.

The whole cast and crew were fantastic, but I think I want to single out the guy who played the adult Athan. He only really had two or three episodes and in the role he occupied, many would have floundered - guy did an exceptional job of making me care.

Surprised at the fate and short role of Ramses on S3 but it was all paced so well, you didn't mind.

I remember when the show was announced. "They are making a Syfy TV show of a Gilliam movie? Fucking LOL gonna be terrible". I'm very, very happy to eat crow.

Edit: holy shit. Amazon.co.uk currently have series 2 on Blu-ray for £2.24 new with Prime??? Do itttt!!!

If Season 4 is on par with Season 3 and they stick the landing, I'll be so so happy.

The whole cast and crew were fantastic, but I think I want to single out the guy who played the adult Athan. He only really had two or three episodes and in the role he occupied, many would have floundered - guy did an exceptional job of making me care.

Just binged through all of season 3 as well, and loved it. The first half of the season was kinda ehhhh, a lot of just people chasing other people through time, but the last 3 episodes just NAILED the science fiction aesthetic.

James Callis played the adult Athan and yeah, he was amazing. Just goes to show how a really, really, really good actor can take a show from a 7/10 to a 10/10, Jennifer and Adult Athan really stole this season.

Really cool deleted scene from season 3, episode 9 showing some Jones backstory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUwcBjp0hQU

liquidtmd

Banned
Just binged through all of season 3 as well, and loved it. The first half of the season was kinda ehhhh, a lot of just people chasing other people through time, but the last 3 episodes just NAILED the science fiction aesthetic.

The first half was jumping through periods a lot I grant you, but it's been a few days now and many scenes in the first half stay with me visually. The four horseman. Jennifer's 99 balloons skit, along with her multiple film scene re-enactments at the theatre. Using the machine to torture Olivia. Cassie giving birth and subsequent escape. Cole fighting Cole and special props to the snowy final scenes with Ramses - man Cole giving him chances to confess and the resolution was so goddamn good.

To jump so frequently in the first half and still be memorable and actually hold all the plot threads together was an achievement. The confidence in handling the pace was something special

Also in episode 5, Olivia mimicking Jennifer explaining things in the cage was aces

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Athan easily became the most likeable character on the show in such a short timeframe. Kudos to the actor and writers on pulling that one off.

I overall loved the season and thought it was the best so far. I was slightly annoyed that they ignored their own time travel rules with use of the vest in episode 9 not requiring to suicide the duplicate. But I guess it's worth it just for the homage.

Zoe

I overall loved the season and thought it was the best so far. I was slightly annoyed that they ignored their own time travel rules with use of the vest in episode 9 not requiring to suicide the duplicate. But I guess it's worth it just for the homage.

Who? Cassie and Cole? There's no indication they used the vests to change time.

As for Athan, they could have just not shown it.

One thing, athan couldn't save his lover because fate determined she would die on that day, yet it seems that everyone else can pop in and out of existence as needed by the plot. I bet even athan comes back next season. Thoughts?

Zoe

One thing, athan couldn't save his lover because fate determined she would die on that day, yet it seems that everyone else can pop in and out of existence as needed by the plot. I bet even athan comes back next season. Thoughts?

Athan is definitely going to reappear to Cassie at some point ("see you soon"), but he seemed pretty certain that he and Cole would only meet "in another life".

Shanlei91

Who? Cassie and Cole? There's no indication they used the vests to change time.

As for Athan, they could have just not shown it.

Whenever the guardians went back in time the future self used the immolation feature on the vest, where as Athan went back about 600 times but the montage treated it like it was always the same Athan. As if time was just rewinding for him rather than him jumping back.

Zoe

Whenever the guardians went back in time the future self used the immolation feature on the vest, where as Athan went back about 600 times but the montage treated it like it was always the same Athan. As if time was just rewinding for him rather than him jumping back.

I would say that's more for brevity.

Mindlog

I honestly thought that was the end of the series and was extremely satisfied with that ending. Pretty sure I was flagging on season 2 because I was in no rush to watch this season, but I really enjoyed what they put together. That's an ending for me.

Shanlei91

Who was the reflection at the end?

Pretty sure it's:

3BZcORO.jpg

Oh yeah, I forgot to get back to this OT... It's been like two months, still spoiler tagging stuff in here? I finally finished the season last week and... Son of a bitch. All that build up and then, lol of course. Should've seen that coming.

Yeah, it seems just too obvious for
Jennifer to turn out to be Cole's mother from the Ouroboros thing though it could also just by a symbol of how this cycle they're on is never ending but making his mother Jennifer could make sense since they're apparently going the direction of his mother being primary to explain Ethan
I'd be for it. Might explain a lot.

Finally got around to watching the season and really enjoyed it. It was cool jumping back into the world of the show and Jennifer is such a fun character to watch.

I did not see the final reveal coming, and although it was another time-travel mind bender it did make sense. I also really liked the design of the time vests this season.

Top Bottom