• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

12-year old Santa Monica boy dies due to 'choking game'

Status
Not open for further replies.

samusx

Banned
Natural selection at work.

I doesn't make me happy to see people die needlessly.

But let the stupid die and stop contaminating the human gene pool. Make room for the rest

mrklaw said:
jesus fucking christ at all the posters going 'oh yeah, we did this at school', as if its the most natural thing in the world.

You're making each other unconcious, starving the brain of oxygen. Sounds hilarious. Give me stink bombs and cap guns any day of the week.
That's the thing. Children don't know any better.

krioto

WTF - the 'choking game'????

Are kids really this fucking stupid? Good riddance to another semi-epsilon moran.

jax (old)

Banned
ransone-kenpark.jpg

12?

/sigh

EL Beefo

mrklaw said:
jesus fucking christ at all the posters going 'oh yeah, we did this at school', as if its the most natural thing in the world.

You're making each other unconcious, starving the brain of oxygen. Sounds hilarious. Give me stink bombs and cap guns any day of the week.

Nah dude, it perfectly safe. We did it all the time I don't have any problenlasduabsvgagchscafagjajsca

i remember something like this in school which we all thought was funny for about a week, we called it doctor death (no idea where that came from).

This was done differently though, just hyperventilate loads for about a minute and then take a deep breath, hold it and then push all the blood to your brain like your about to take a massive shit. Best to be sitting down whilst you do this.

about 5 seconds later you'll wake up a pounding headache wondering what the fuck just happened. Don't quote me on this but i'd imagine this was a fair amount safer than strangling the shit out of yourself with a tie, someone i knew managed to pass out whilst standing up and bit off most of their tongue though haha

EDIT:

just read the wiki article, sounds like hypocapnia instead of strangulation, over oxygenating the brain temporarily rather than starving it of oxygen.

i never heard a case of this in germany so this is why americans are stupid :p a lot of brain cells die when you do that so dont.

MrJollyLivesNextDoor said:
i remember something like this in school which we all thought was funny for about a week, we called it doctor death (no idea where that came from).

This was done differently though, just hyperventilate loads for about a minute and then take a deep breath, hold it and then push all the blood to your brain like your about to take a massive shit. Best to be sitting down whilst you do this.

about 5 seconds later you'll wake up a pounding headache wondering what the fuck just happened. Don't quote me on this but i'd imagine this was a fair amount safer than strangling the shit out of yourself with a tie, someone i knew managed to pass out whilst standing up and bit off most of their tongue though haha

EDIT:

just read the wiki article, sounds like hypocapnia instead of strangulation, over oxygenating the brain temporarily rather than starving it of oxygen.
thats a good way to get an exploding brain artery and die

Lich_King said:
WTF at that kid and all the people in this thread doing that. Why do you get high by choking yourself? I can understand choking someone else, but self-choking doesn't make any sense, except the case when you want to commit suicide.

Umm....

Zaptruder

Banned
As an aside, is it possible to strangle yourself with your hands?

Or is it one of those licking your elbow kinda things?

Zaptruder said:
As an aside, is it possible to strangle yourself with your hands?

Or is it one of those licking your elbow kinda things?

I have a friend who can lick her own elbow, and it's not a half-ass kind of thing either. She's got it down.

And yeah, I had friends who did the choking thing in high school, never did it myself though, it looked stupid. Haven't thought about it in years.

DarkKyo

I always thought of this sort of thing as natural selection applied to sentience.

Kind of cold on my part but oh well.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
I've seen people do it to themselves and others using their hands but never with ropes or anything of that sort. Seems extremely dangerous to use rope and just hope it breaks before you die. So stupid as to force my opinion that this would of had to of been suicide.

Shiv47

Never heard of this when I was younger, but I did have a friend who could make himself pass out by hyperventilating. We made some ammonia with my chemistry set, and to test it, he made himself pass out and we then revived him with the ammonia. No one died, fortunately.

Ballistictiger said:
That's the thing. Children don't know any better.

The fuck? I'm fairly sure that the need for oxygen is one of the FIRST things we instictively know from birth.

This kid gets zero sympathy from me. That's reserved for people who die in tragic accidents, not idiots who weed themselves out of the gene pool. Natural selection is a bitch like that.

Aurora

As stupid as it was, we used to do this at school but just with our hands (so that as soon as you pass out all pressure would be released from your neck). But to do it with actual ropes? That's beyond retarded. You're just asking to die.

Dude Abides

Banned
MrJollyLivesNextDoor said:

I did this a couple times as a kid as well, except instead of simulating taking a giant shit we'd press our fingers on our neck arteries/veins whatever.

Also, who is this woman below, Jennifer Garner?

mtqedv.gif

Macattk15

Dude Abides said:
I did this a couple times as a kid as well, except instead of simulating taking a giant shit we'd press our fingers on our neck arteries/veins whatever.

mtqedv.gif

Also would like to know but that is not Jennifer Garner.

I_D

1. Bend over, breathe heavily for 30 seconds.
2. Have a friend push you against the wall with your arms crossed.
3. Pass out.
4. Repeat.

It was a well-known game at my elementary school, and became fairly common among 4th and 5th graders.

The idea was not to get high or get a hard on. It was simply to see what it felt like to faint, pure and simple. :lol

Dude Abides said:

mtqedv.gif

It's Cheryl Cole. Answered in the "Dumb questions"-thread.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My friends used to do this. I was too afraid to fuck with that since I had a crippling fear of brain damage. :lol

I remember once, they did the same thing, where they pushed my other friends chest to make him pass out because he wanted to see what it was like. This was in senior year of high school. He full on passed out, like on the ground. At that point, school security came around the corner, so everyone got the fuck out of there; because people had gotten in trouble for it before and people could have been expelled/suspended for it. Apparently the security guys just found him a few seconds later laying on the ground and he just made up some story about why he was passed out in the middle of the school.

For the record, this was a really really dumb friend (just no common sense, he went to UC Berkeley). He also once agreed to take pitches from the softball machine at Family Fun Center to the chest because "they didn't look very fast." We paid him 1 dollar for this, and we made him pay to start the machine. The first pitch hit him, and he said it was like being punched in the stomach really hard and that the balls were actually very hard and coming very fast. After that he started to flinch, which my other friend decided was unacceptable, so we told him to turn around so he couldn't see the balls coming. I have to say, this was probably the funniest thing I've ever seen happen to a person in real life. If youtube was around then, he'd be a huge star.

Wouldn't a nose plug and tape accomplish the same thing? It is dumb regardless, but I figure that would be somewhat safer as you're not tying yourself to something and letting gravity do the rest. I don't know, not much thought has been put into this by me admittedly.

dojokun

Banned
Dude Abides said:

mtqedv.gif
I haven't jacked off yet today (woke up kinda late this morning and didn't have time) and this pic isn't helping. I don't get off work for another 3 hours.

I remember everyone doing this on the playground around 5th or 6th grade.. (we would breath deep in and out and have someone press on your chest) I cant remember If I ever actually had someone do this to me though.. the fact that my memory is so blurred about this suggests that I probably did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom