• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

13 minutes of uncut gameplay from Assassin's Creed Mirage has seemingly surfaced on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

BbMajor7th

*Swan dives into a pile of hay*. NPC: 'I've seen enough'.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Last edited:

CuNi

First, I'd like to say I only played the first AC, but except for a few entries (the Pirate one and the Greek one), to me, they all look 95% the same.
Good for them, but honestly, I don't know how those games managed to survive that long.

wipeout364

I wonder when this game does poorly will Ubisoft say “ see we told you, people want games that are bloated messes laden with micro transactions “

Ubisoft seems like they are in a bad place these days, I hope they don’t go under/get acquired but they need to get things turned around ASAP.

I wonder when this game does poorly will Ubisoft say “ see we told you, people want games that are bloated messes laden with micro transactions “

Ubisoft seems like they are in a bad place these days, I hope they don’t go under/get acquired but they need to get things turned around ASAP.
This one should do pretty good since there are many fans who were asking for a return to the old AC style. It's also priced lower at €50 which will help move plenty of units.

Fahdis

People seem to be hell bent on the destruction of certain franchises because it doesn't tickle their fancy. If you're looking for a gourmet meal that is subjective to your enjoyment, go ahead. McDonalds is sometimed alright. I am sure most of you have many games to play. Or is GAF just about complaints now? You've been playing the same shit since 2002 anyways with some condiments added here and there.

Looks alright to me. I just got into this series a month or so ago, been playing through most of them. I kinda love them, even the newer games (Played Origins and Odyssey so far of the newer ones) just in a different way.

SJRB

Gold Member
This legit looks like a mid-gen PS4 game in both graphics and gameplay.

What the hell went wrong?

This started as DLC for Valhalla, but was made into a stand-alone game along the way. Smaller budget, smaller team.

It looks like a last-gen game because it is.

Kikorin

I was bored to death by this series after the second one, it blows my mind people still playing these games. After more than a decade seems absolutely nothing has changed, to be fair I remember animations and city of AC2 looking better than this, and I remember seeing my brother playing Unity and looking miles better.

CGNoire

I was bored to death by this series after the second one, it blows my mind people still playing these games. After more than a decade seems absolutely nothing has changed, to be fair I remember animations and city of AC2 looking better than this, and I remember seeing my brother playing Unity and looking miles better.
They sacrificed POP for this :(

Sybrix

Couldn't have put it better myself.

I don't know whos playing Assassins Creed now, it can only be new players who never played AC1,2,3 etc.

The games are so dreadfully dull now it's amazing Ubisoft still pump this shit out.

Really, it looks like Origins with better freerunning animations. I'm ok with that, but it's gonna be tough to top Origins and Bayek's journey. I hope it's a return to form, but it's been so formulaic for so long that pretty much everyone knows what to expect at this point, and other than digital tourism, there's not too much excitement with the series in my opinion.

I really wished they hadn't messed up Unity's launch so badly, because it's such an awesome game when running on appropriate hardware, and the freerunning had never been better before or since. It felt like it drastically changed the direction of the series since then. They really haven't done well with the series since Origins and I'm well over it. I'll pick it up on a sale way in the future. Ubisoft games never hold value long and picking it up day one is usually not worth it.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
1. Looks drab like Origins and Odyssey
2. Looks worse than Odyssey?
3. Nothing new at all from what I watched

That said.....I still might get it. But getting tired of all of these brick and dirt buildings. I miss the old Italian and English architecture. It must be laziness as it takes lots of work to make a game that detailed. Just throw some sand and bricks together, copy/paste and call it a day. Sad.

Larxia

It's so weird how I used to be a huge fan of this series back in the day, and how I don't care about it at all today.

There are some exceptions, like black flag being pretty cool as a pirate game, but in general the real essence of the series died when Patrice Desilets left. 1, 2 and Brotherhood had something quite unique, the sci-fi aspect was really good and interesting, there was something with the atmosphere and all the secrets, but even in the following games with Desmond where Desilets wasn't there, it wasn't the same already. AC 3 was pretty rushed and I wish I could have seen the conclusion to Desmond's arc if it all remained under the same direction as the first episodes.

Some games are still decent, black flag, Unity (although way too bugged sadly), but it's not quite as special as it was before. The AC Fatigue obviously played a huge role in that too, and not just AC. When AC1 came out, even if it was quite repetitive in itself, it was a new design we didn't see before, but after this game, EVERY open world in existence copied this formula, so obviously none of these games feel unique anymore. I saw a video interview with Patrice Desilets where he, while laughing, apologize for creating the ubi tower, because he didn't imagine they would ruin the future of video games like this :messenger_grinning_sweat:.

I used to love them, but I can't play games like this anymore, where I know exactly how it will be before even playing the game.

Last edited:

MikeM

I’m so burnt out by these AC games. Not picking this one up.

Still struggling to get through Origins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom