• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

Lime

Skyrim with modded Jasmin v. 4.9

tesv2012-08-0717-41-2c1sds.png

tesv2012-08-0710-03-1d9s9k.png

Sethos

Banned
Decided to ditch the ENBs, the performance to looks to smudge ratio wasn't doing it for me. Went back to FXAA Injector. Now I just need to mod it all up, then I might do a new playthrough.

ibp7faGSC33cIM.png

ilmhF5HQGtz4N.png

Watevaman

I loaded up that modded Jasmin ENB with all those texture mods and even though it looks good, I don't like how I'm performing like crud now so I think I'll stick with either just ENB or just texture packs.

ibedHmT3vG1ISt.jpg

igiwexSlLfHYj.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Would you know if there's anyway to use widescreen resolutions or 60fps from Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb?

The highest I could choose was 1600x1200 and framerate is locked @ 30fps , I see a "VARS.CFG" file with a resolution and maxfps=30 line but changing these doesn't have any effect.

Changing that line in the config worked fine for me, the jump to 60 fps was immediately noticeable. There is no way to get proper widescreen though :(

Martian

Maybe a bit weir to make requests, but can someone post some HQ day-time Alan Wake/AC:Revelations pics?

I wonder how those game look in highest quality

Hey man, do I need anything else other than these 4 files that I just put in the bf3 folder?

Nope, that's it. On other games you might need the DX9 files, but they're in that 1.2 rar at the original site. Also, some games (Serious Sam 3 comes to mind) need the dll file in the folder with the exe, and then the other three files in the main game folder for it to work.

Spazznid

LOLOLOL!

Dat piss filter! Can't see a Gorram thing with this Gangsta ass ENB. So slick. Let's throw some mo Vaseline on that screen!

(Finally came up with a look I'm happy with ~yeah I know, for now~so here she be!)
ithAQuLjw1GhB.bmp

Too bad you can't see it under all dat GRAFFIX! I guess I should conform, yo.

Every time I press [Shift+F12] to disable ENB, I feel like this...
ivA9ZFFDRAY9U.bmp

Why you no Ryke my preference?!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Nope, that's it. On other games you might need the DX9 files, but they're in that 1.2 rar at the original site. Also, some games (Serious Sam 3 comes to mind) need the dll file in the folder with the exe, and then the other three files in the main game folder for it to work.

Cool thanks for the help :)

Spazznid

Whelp, now I'll just wait for the backlash of people who may not realize that, for the most part, I was being sarcastic.

I don't however get the negativity towards ENB. If it was an unchangeable part of the game that everyone had to live with, then yeah, but it's an optional mod to make the game how you want it to be. That's what Skyrim is all aboot.
ibw7WqXxHmOMlg.bmp

Anyways, If you still dislike the idea of ENB's I suggest you get one that changes very little (I'd suggest finding one with a nice color pallet and disabling Ambient Occlusion and Depth of Field) and work on it yourself. There's a lot of people who'd be willing to help you get it the way you want and who'd share their insights on how to experiment with settings.

To everyone else who wishes my game were more gray?

BURN
ihNfvogtudgK8.bmp

Y'all Jelly.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Whelp, now I'll just wait for the backlash of people who may not realize that, for the most part, I was being sarcastic.

I don't however get the negativity towards ENB. If it was an unchangeable part of the game that everyone had to live with, then yeah, but it's an optional mod to make the game how you want it to be. That's what Skyrim is all aboot.
ibw7WqXxHmOMlg.bmp

Anyways, If you still dislike the idea of ENB's I suggest you get one that changes very little (I'd suggest finding one with a nice color pallet and disabling Ambient Occlusion and Depth of Field) and work on it yourself. There's a lot of people who'd be willing to help you get it the way you want and who'd share their insights on how to experiment with settings.

BURN
ihNfvogtudgK8.bmp

Y'all Jelly.

You're making yourself look like a jackspazz with three posts in a row ranting like a lunatic. Also the shots are particularly terrible if they're supposed to be proving something.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

Y'all Jelly.

nobody dislikes the idea of ENB, we just question peoples lack of taste.

Spazznid

nobody dislikes the idea of ENB, we just question peoples lack of taste.

nobody dislikes the...

I question the lack of Caps.

(BTW, I'm under the impression that people read my last post saying, "for the most part, I was being sarcastic." and are themselves pretending to be defensive about my sarcastic defensive-ness...)

Now, Conflicting emotions in emotionless objects!
ioPjtelo6lKGl.bmp

iZx4r1nhN29mp.bmp

Moaradin

Skyrim has a terrible art style. The colours are boring and lifeless. Some ENBs really help a lot. Not all of them though. Some actually make the game uglier than before, if you can believe that. Here are some comparisons with my ENB and without. Keep in mind that all shots have a shitload of texture packs and the game looks even worse without them.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:
Click on the pictures for a bigger size.

Every texture pack in the world couldn't save Skyrim from looking ugly as sin.

Spazznid

Skyrim has a terrible art style. The colours are boring and lifeless. Some ENBs really help a lot. Not all of them though. Some actually make the game uglier than before, if you can believe that. Here are some comparisons with my ENB and without. Keep in mind that all shots have a shitload of texture packs and the game looks even worse without them.

Nice dog fight shot. Have you tried running without the SSAO? The performance bump is pretty big, and I personally like how the fields of grass look without it. What ENB profile are you using, Vibrant?

Moaradin

Nice dog fight shot. Have you tried running without the SSAO? The performance bump is pretty big, and I personally like how the fields of grass look without it. What ENB profile are you using, Vibrant?

Yea, I like Vibrant the best. Tried a lot of the other ones but Vibrant is the only one that stuck with me. SSAO isn't too much of a problem for me. The performance drop on my system isn't too bad.

Sethos

Banned
No need for an ENB if you just want saturation and AO. FXAA Injector can take care of the saturation, bit of sharpening and then add the Quality AO from Nvidia Inspector ( If you've got an Nvidia card of course ). That gives me a locked 60, unlike ENBs with all their smudge and weird DoF that just tanks your FPS.

RedSwirl

I don't know man. I'm surprised to find that Skyrim is one game where I actually prefer the vanilla color palette. When I get the chance I'll still ENB the game, but I'll ENB it as close to vanilla colors as possible, only adding depth of field, AO, stuff like that.

All the shots I keep seeing look way too saturated if you ask me. Usually I'm in favor of removing one-color filters from games, but in the case of Skyrim I actually prefer the bluish green.

Loginius

To be honest I prefer the "without ENB" shots and I am by no means against ENB because I use one myself.

Its all about taste some like the game over saturated like hipster hdr photography others like the cold-blueish filter from the original.

No point telling people their preference sucks.

That said skyrim does not have a terrible art style, it might not suit your taste but it was/is gorgeous and consists of more than shadows and color/saturation...

imPinEbqHAsHj.png

iYzY2JzpAc1Gb.png

Spazznid

No need for an ENB if you just want saturation and AO. FXAA Injector can take care of the saturation, bit of sharpening and then add the Quality AO from Nvidia Inspector ( If you've got an Nvidia card of course ). That gives me a locked 60, unlike ENBs with all their smudge and weird DoF that just tanks your FPS.

From my frequent visits to the ENB forums, it seems as though ENB has presets for different weather patterns and now it can even be adjusted by the lighting from mods like Climates of Tamrial. Can FXAA do that? I thought it just has one preset which is static throughout gameplay. Also I love DoF. It may not be worth the performance hit for some, but I get a usual 60fps.

I don't know man. I'm surprised to find that Skyrim is one game where I actually prefer the vanilla color palette. When I get the chance I'll still ENB the game, but I'll ENB it as close to vanilla colors as possible, only adding depth of field, AO, stuff like that.

All the shots I keep seeing look way too saturated if you ask me. Usually I'm in favor of removing one-color filters from games, but in the case of Skyrim I actually prefer the bluish green.

A friend of mine is using this ENB (I'll ask him for the name of it if you'd like)

Also I wanted to try out and compare a few ENB's that I had switched to and from over my playthroughs, so I have a few comparison shots.

iCssZU3YsauPb.bmp
iSGGkK3VsYt62.bmp

iSngQKPYA9H59.bmp
ifHd3MjEPQm5w.bmp

iJMuBDC319Aep.bmp
iCIR4vb83d3w.bmp

ir17xSb6zppFI.bmp
ip9WFaZDH7cLw.bmp

irzUVQftjGY1d.png

There's tons more out there. and the guys making them keep add to them. Later versions can do Parallax Mapping. You might be able to see that on the road in a few of those shots.

Sethos

Banned
From my frequent visits to the ENB forums, it seems as though ENB has presets for different weather patterns and now it can even be adjusted by the lighting from mods like Climates of Tamrial. Can FXAA do that? I thought it just has one preset which is static throughout gameplay. Also I love DoF. It may not be worth the performance hit for some, but I get a usual 60fps.

Lots of things FXAA can't do but that's not the point. ENBs in Skyrim just add too much smudge and the DoF switching is great for pictures but annoying when playing, in my opinion.
I just want a bit of vibrance and a tiny bit of sharpening, texture and lighting mods can take care of the rest.

Plus you say you get a "usual 60fps" however none of your comparison shots are above 40 :p

Moaradin

To be honest I prefer the "without ENB" shots and I am by no means against ENB because I use one myself.

Its all about taste some like the game over saturated like hipster hdr photography others like the cold-blueish filter from the original.

No point telling people their preference sucks.

That said skyrim does not have a terrible art style, it might not suit your taste but it was/is gorgeous and consists of more than shadows and color/saturation...

Eh probably not the best shots to prove my point. I just started the game and took some quick shots. They all focus on the detailed textures that all my mods added. Honestly, I think the game looks terrible in motion without all the mods. Everything just looks dull to me. I have over 5gb worth of texture packs, which is pretty much the size of the entire game, and I still couldn't handle it without any ENBs.

As for the FXAA injectors, I have tried them. I recall thinking it made the game too sharp for my taste. I might try them again sometime, but there isn't much point. ENBs can require pretty high end PCs and luckily I get pretty smooth frames on mine.

Scoff. Buffoon.

Lime

Lots of things FXAA can't do but that's not the point. ENBs in Skyrim just add too much smudge and the DoF switching is great for pictures but annoying when playing, in my opinion.
I just want a bit of vibrance and a tiny bit of sharpening, texture and lighting mods can take care of the rest.

Plus you say you get a "usual 60fps" however none of your comparison shots are above 40 :p

In terms of the DoF and "smudging" obscuring gameplay, I widened the Jasmin DoF range, so that your character and the immediate surroundings aren't obstructed by the filter. When I tried the original version I simply couldn't carry on playing when my character was blurred out 90 % of the time.

In regards to the overall discussion on ENB vs. Vanilla, it is obviously a matter of aesthetic taste, where in my case I prefer the lighting enhancements provided by ENB. The vanilla lighting (and colouring for that matter) simply looks too drab for a fantasy RPG with magic and dragons. I.e. I prefer the saturated art style of the Witcher 2 to Skyrim's grey interpretation of Nordic fantasy.

Spazznid

All those shots were taken with a newer beta build for ENB. Also, the had their Ambient Occlusion set to high. I use no AO and with Enb V.113, I get 60, also that is riverwood, and I am using a mod [Better Villages] that adds buildings and flora all over it. (mind you , the buildings serve no purpose other than to suck up fps, so I'm no longer using it).

Also as lime said it's editable. You can disable the DoF and get away with barely any performance cost and magnificent lighting. Look at the tree shadows in Vanilla example in my above post, then look at any other one with ENB. Also, Hollywood has his (I don't know how he did it) set up to where your character is almost always in focus as with your immediate surroundings. Only the background is blurred. If FXAA works for you, then great. But the "Smudge" is optional.

I decided to try out some ENB's again as I've never been a fan of any of their looks. This is Fedorrrz Custom Jamine ENB and I rather like the look it give. DoF isn't crazy, it isn't overly bright, saturation is nice, performs well, and doesn't completely change the look of Skyrim.

I don't care for the black bars all that much but it's not too distracting.

I am off to try out some more ENB's.

iy7fBDuXpGZ6U.png

iSzhgywoNEgFz.png

Lime

I didn't know people in this thread had become so hostile in their choice of words in regards to whether or not they find the posted screenshots digestible for their eyes. I know there needs to be set some standards of quality, but the tone in this thread can be somewhat rough for other posters (e.g. new-comers), I could imagine. This is more of a general impression of the last ~5 pages or so, so don't think I'm referring to anything specific as such.

But maybe I'm just misinterpreting the written text, as that form of communication is often prone to misunderstandings.

Spazznid

I decided to try out some ENB's again as I've never been a fan of any of their looks. This is Fedorrrz Custom Jamine ENB and I rather like the look it give. DoF isn't crazy, it isn't overly bright, saturation is nice, performs well, and doesn't completely change the look of Skyrim.

I don't care for the black bars all that much but it's not too distracting.

I am off to try out some more ENB's.

iy7fBDuXpGZ6U.png

iSzhgywoNEgFz.png

look in your "effects.ini" and you can disable the bars, i believe.

Also, Sethos, are you using a realistic lighting mod? Those don't look like vanilla nights. (climates?) I played for a while with no ENB's. Managed 4xAA at 1620p. But I decided, as long as I get 50+ fps, I like my ENB. Without it, I had to use a Realistic lighting mod. otherwise, it looked like Fallout with Bows.

Top Bottom