• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 World Hockey Championship of watching real hockey again.

Cake Boss

Banned
images

5b687bfd41.jpg

MAY 4TH - MAY 20TH

PRELIMINARY SCHEDULE, FIRST WEEKEND

Friday, May 4th, Helsinki, Finland:

Game 1 - USA v France

Game 3 - Canada v Slovakia

Game 5 - Belarus v Finland

Friday, May 4th, Stockholm, Switzerland:

Game 2 - Germany v Italy

Game 4 - Czech Republic x Denmark

Game 6 - Sweden v Norway

Saturday, May 5th, Helsinki, Finland:

Game 7 - Switzerland v Kazakhstan

Game 9 - Canada v USA

Saturday, May 5th, Stockholm, Sweden:

Game 8 - Latvia v Russia

Game 10 - Sweden v Czech Republic

Sunday, May 6th, Helsinki, Finland:

Game 11 - France v Kazakhstan

Game 13 - Finland v Slovakia

Game 15 - Switzerland v Belarus

Sunday, May 6th, Stockholm, Sweden:

Game 12 - Denmark v Italy

Game 14 - Russia v Norway

Game 16 - Germany v Latvia

Exhibition game on right now between Sweden and USA. Canada's exhibition game later on a 1pm EST.

Am I allowed to post streams if people are interested in watching the exhibition games?

[
Friday, May 4th, Helsinki, Finland:

Friday, May 4th, Stockholm, Switzerland:

Saturday, May 5th, Helsinki, Finland:

Saturday, May 5th, Stockholm, Sweden:

Sunday, May 6th, Stockholm, Sweden:

one of those is wrong.

come on man, were the ones with the cheese

Canada actually needs to do well this year to avoid having to play extra games to get into the next olympics or some shit

The IIHF is a harsh mistress...

GO TEAM CANADA. Looking forward to seeing Getzlaf and Perry contribute, 2010 style. Sbisa got rocked in an exhibition hit by Phaneuf, and Subban has already gotten injured. Good times.

Norway is gonna get schooled tonight. :p

Only following the game on the net, am at work but can't believe the France -USA game is 2-3.

And France did the opening goal even! Well done France, keep it up.

Solo

Subban missing the WHC with injury dampens my hype a bit. Nevertheless, Canada will dummy Slovakia today.

Although I know that WHC is not that big in north america here in Finland it's like yearly religious event and now when the games are held here there is pretty big buzz in whole Finland especially as we won last year... So rooting for Finland although I must say that especially Canada and Sweden have way better teams this year than last year.

Parch

Decent game for Canada, but they'll have to play better than that if they're going to win this. It's always an adjustment in these early games to find the chemistry.

Cactus

Banned
Decent game for Canada, but they'll have to play better than that if they're going to win this. It's always an adjustment in these early games to find the chemistry.

Definitely. Jay Bouwmeester is one guy that really needs to step up his game. I lost count of how many poor decisions he made with the puck.

AAequal

Banned
I really hope to see Finland and Sweden in the finals but I doubt it will happen. SWE is my guess for gold medal this year.

Really hope the referees step it up for the rest of the tournament. Only seen the Sweden Norway game but it was pretty damn bad. Hope it has been better in other games.

calder

Posted in the NHL thread:

Woke up just in time for Canada/US. Good to see Ladd and Kane again (ok slater too) it feels like the regular season ended 6 months ago.

I love the first round of the playoffs, but the second round my interest usually wanes a bit and I pay more attention to the WHC instead until the SC finals. Getzlaf/Perry combo has looked alright today, but damn Tavares/Skinner is a great duo.

Cake Boss

Banned
Lol that PP looked all too familiar, the other team had the better chance with that 3on1 because Karlsson was way too deep in the zone.

Really felt sorry for USA and Canadian players as they had to play for half empty arena because of insane ticked prices. Finnish ice hockey association really screwed up with the prices. Even the first game of Finland was not sold out (cheapest ticket costed 150€). I would have loved to go to match but as a student I really don't have 150€ for ice hockey game. =/

Top Bottom