• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT2| Germany Müllers Portugal

Status
Not open for further replies.

zert

:)

oLGvaBX.png

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Finally caught up with today's games. Brazil-Mexico was a blast. After being called a Neymar hater after their first game (despite liking him and being a Barca fan) for calling him out on a pretty poor performance, I thought he was tremendous today - best player on the field for either team.

Mory Dunz

All they need to do to eliminate this entire aspect of the game is to quickly video review fouls in the penalty area. The reviewer can can overturn the penalty and call call for yellow or red for the person engaged in the play acting.

Super simple.

After seeing how long replays take in the NBA (for what reason I have no idea), I'm not sure how good of an idea this would be.

But yeah, diving in circumstances can help. It's annoying but it's the way it is.

RELAYER

Banned
I wouldn't want our players to dive, ever, even if it means we lose.
Would rather we lose and be proud of the way we played than win via bullshittery and ref-begging.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
After seeing how long replays take in the NBA (for what reason I have no idea), I'm not sure how good of an idea this would be.

But yeah, diving in circumstances can help. It's annoying but it's the way it is.

Nah they can review it centrally like the NHL and verdicts can be relayed back to the referees before they even have the ball and players lined up for the kick.

The Mexican league pays domestic players very well, more than European clubs are often willing to risk on them.

huh, was unaware of that. Guess it pays well since it's (probably) watched more in the US than MLS. I assume that's why even though Mexico love for football doesn't necessarily transfer to World-Class play.

Navy Bean

Nah they can review it centrally like the NHL and verdicts can be relayed back to the referees before they even have the ball and players lined up for the kick.
I'd love to see replay review on every "foul" in the box that results in a pk. Because they are so damn punative. I mean, the calls literally decide a game. And if you tac on a red card it's just silly how powerful they can be. It can ruin a game...

inky

Oh man, the World Cup fever has made me unaware of what is going on around me.

I totally missed the "Time Cube Redux: Space Moors, Freemasons, black means white, there was no slavery" thread and no one here even mentioned it! Thank god Lionel Mandrake exists.

snaffles

Does anyone know what the ruling is that decided that the Honduras goalkeeper was awarded an own goal in the game against France? Was it just that the ball had deflected off the post first?

Tegris

Does anyone know what the ruling is that decided that the Honduras goalkeeper was awarded an own goal in the game against France? Was it just that the ball had deflected off the post first?

I assume it was because the ball wouldn't have gone in without the goalkeeper's intervention. That's usually the method used to determine who is attributed with a goal, anyway.

snaffles

I assume it was because the ball wouldn't have gone in without the goalkeeper's intervention. That's usually the method used to determine who is attributed with a goal, anyway.

Okay thanks, that is what I thought but I wasn't sure how they determined it wasn't going to go in. Just watching that Russian keeper throw the ball into his own net today had me wondering if Benzema ended up getting awarded a hattrick or not.

Cess007

If the ball had goal direction before it was deflected, it counts as goal towards who made the shot. If the ball was NOT to goal when it was deflected, it counts as own goal. In the case of Hondura's goalkeeper, after striking the post, the the ball was going out rather than in when it hits the goalie.

Danielsan

I have a feeling that tonight's match is going to be a tough one. I have 2-1 for us.
Secretly though, I hope we steam roll Australia. Nothing against the Socceroos, I'd just like to see the team keep the momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom