• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT2| Germany Müllers Portugal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I know, it's just because I only have standard freeview. Had a youview box for a while that had bbc hd, but had constant problems with it so unplugged it. I dont miss it too much tbh

If I had to put up with BBC's world cup coverage I'd unplug the box too :)

Wilbur

Banned
So the First round of pool games is now over, name your Top 5 player perfomances so far ( 1 player per nation )

1. V persie
2. Muller
3. J.Campbell
4. Benzema
5. Messi

I can go one better.

Here is my team of the tournament so far:

G Ochoa (MEX); M Darmian (ITA), R Vlaar (NED), F Rodriguez (MEX), D Blind (NED); L Modric (CRO), A Pirlo (ITA); A Robben (NED), Oscar (BRA), J Campbell (CRC); R van Persie (NED)

alba

Little is the new Big
I can go one better.

G Ochoa (MEX); M Darmian (ITA), R Vlaar (NED), F Rodriguez (MEX), D Blind (NED); L Modric (CRO), A Pirlo (ITA); A Robben (NED), Oscar (BRA), J Campbell (CRC); R van Persie (NED)

I'd agree with that.

Kikarian

Capelol

Just saw that S. Korean goal.

Wow.
image.php

Koko

Banned
I can go one better.

image.php

Moreno and Marquez have been better. Agree with everyone else tough.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
So the First round of pool games is now over, name your Top 5 player perfomances so far ( 1 player per nation )

1. V persie
2. Muller
3. J.Campbell
4. Benzema
5. Messi

Goal aside Messi was average. Ochoa and/or Pirlo would be more deserving imo

Overdoziz

Banned
There've been some pretty terrible matches the past couple of days. Hopefully tomorrow will be better, but I've got the feeling NED - AUS is gonna be slow and boring.

1. V persie
2. Muller
3. J.Campbell
4. Benzema
5. Messi

1. Robben
2. Muller
3. J. Campbell
4. Oscar
5. Pirlo

EDIT: Replaced Benz with Pirlo. There's my 5.

Pbae

Damn I am so glad Korea got away with a tie.

Honestly they got outplayed handily in the second half and it was just nail biting watching the clock go down. I almost had a heart attack when Russia almost scored in stoppage.

Pirlo has been the best player I've seen. He dominated that game from beginning to end. Robbed and Van Persie had moments of ridiculous skill.

Yeah, surprised I forgot him initially. Pirlo dominated that midfield.

Damn, also forgot Blind, but I still thought Robben's performance made that match as devastating as it was. His running goal crushed Spain.

$200

Banned

1. V persie
2. Muller
3. J.Campbell
4. Benzema
5. Messi

1. Guillermo Ochoa
2. Guillermo Ochoa
3. Guillermo Ochoa
4. Guillermo Ochoa
5. Robben

you're right, it was a bad day.

No goals, but it was a good game because both teams attacked from beginning to end. Brazil was robbed of at least three goals by quality keeping. The only bad game of this cup was Iran/Nigeria. Iran parked the bus and Nigeria was clueless on the attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom