• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

okcspursjhs92.gif

:deadlance:
Sunhi, everybody!

POTN 05/26/2014:
Lebron offered them chicken wings.

'Here's some food, monicas, thanks for coming to the conference finals. Take a plate when you leave.'

+================+
wGDL6iz.png

West No. 1 San Antonio Spurs (62-20) vs. East No. 2 Miami Heat (54-28)
Matchup previews: (SBnation), (Bleacher Report)

Game 1 in San Antonio: Thursday, June 5, 9 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 2 in San Antonio: Sunday, June 8, 8 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 3 in Miami: Tuesday, June 10, 9 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 4 in Miami: Thursday, June 12, 9 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 5* in San Antonio: Sunday, June 15, 8 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 6* in Miami: Tuesday, June 17, 9 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 7* in San Antonio: Friday, June 20, 9 p.m. ET, ABC

2013 NBA Finals in review

*Will be updated throughout the playoffs.
** Lotsa thanks to SunhiLegend for providing us with GIFs. (Tip: Awesome post history)
***Upon further googling apparently KD and Lil B #BasedGod has a beef against one another.
**** Bonus gifs, SpikeSMH, Swaggy P laugh
***** Kenny Smith #Dead
****** A lot of captions were stolen from reddit.
+ Chuck E Churros 1, 2, 3
BlL8C37.png
WqedUdA.png

++ She wants the D look
+++ Great tweets from Daryl Morrey
++++ Timmy GIF collection
+++++ Dr. J smelt BS, Chickas of the draft 1 and 2. Simmon's rxn on Cavs goin 1st

^ Jason Terry Said WHAT?
^^ Credits to @_marcus_ of twitter for providing us with great gifs

Post of the night archive is here.

Derwind

Toronto in 7 baby this is our year!!!!

Never asked you for nothing God, well now I'm asking, don't let my team fuck this up. At least 2nd round thats all I ask. Thanks god. Oh and tell your son he a bitch nigga for not replying to my raptors event e-vite. Brother told me we was close but thats all some BS lies, he be telling errybody the same damn thing. Anyways thanks buddy.

You got my e-vite doe?

Toronto in 7 baby this is our year!!!!

Never asked you for nothing God, well now I'm asking, don't let my team fuck this up. At least 2nd round thats all I ask. Thanks god. Oh and tell your son he a bitch nigga for not replying to my raptors event e-vite. Brother told me we was close but thats all some BS lies, he be telling errybody the same damn thing. Anyways thanks buddy.

You got my e-vite doe?

You have my axe...

I don't want anything to do with a Heat-Nets 2nd round

Derwind

You have my axe...

I don't want anything to do with a Heat-Nets 2nd round

I don't see what you really have to be worried about. First round will be a breeze and if brooklyn make it to round 2 Pierce will be glaring at your bench as he's rolled into the stadium with a stretcher. Most likely a fractured hip injury trying to guard derozan.

But thats a pretty shakey if, unless everyone is already counting us out(which wont be the first time).

Im not expecting a whole lot for the raps in the playoffs, I mean if we're trying to stay grounded in reality. This is an experience builder for a team already growing with talent and confidence.

The most important lesson they need to learn is how to harness "heart" and get some grit on them. More importantly, this will open up some glaring holes in the team. Which will telll me if this is a playoff caliber team for the foreseeable future or not. Im placing my bets on the former.

I got zero emotion about these playoffs because it wont be our last.

dabig2

Good lord, I'm looking at those regular season records and standings and the EC is so goddamn pathetic. I mean, they've been shit for literally half my life (I'm 27 btw) so it's not that surprising. But still, it's just...bad.

Looks like the Bulls got the playoff path they wanted, not like it matters. I wouldn't be surprised to see WAS knock em off in 7, despite the inexperience.

Memphis reserve Nick Calathes hit with 20 game suspension

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 3m
The NBA is expected to announce the Calathes suspension tonight or Saturday, sources tell Yahoo.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 6m
Calathes has been important part of Grizzlies backcourt rotation and his 20 game suspension will begin immediately, source says.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 7m
The NBA's lab results showed no traces of testosterone or PED in supplement, source says. "There was no intent here," league source tells Y!

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 9m
Calathes tested positive for Tamoxifen, which he was part of an over-the-counter athletic supplement he had used, source tells Yahoo.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 11m
Memphis guard Nick Calathes will be suspended 20 games for violation of NBA's Anti-Drug policy, source tells Yahoo. Supension starts now.

Cipherr

Im hoping we at least get SOME upsets in the first two rounds. Make this shit worth watching this year.

I'd be surprised if the Heat won this year.

They won't, but I'm good with that. They have had an incredible and fun to watch run. But old man Wade is looking flabby and weak out there, Bosh is streaky, Ray Allen is wrapping up his career, Chalmers is Chalmers overall the team is just run the fuck down from 3 straight long seasons to the finals in a row.

There are about 6 teams that I would classify as contenders, I never seen that before. I don't have a team to root for, I guess the Spurs because this could realistically be their last chance due to their age.

I feel sorry for Suns fans. 48 games won. Is that the highest ever? I remember the 45 win Rockets in the early 2000's, nothing else sticks out. The disparity between the east and the west is laughable.

WoodWERD

Can you usually find playoff games online after the fact? Going to watch as much as I can live, but I'm 12 hours ahead of EST and my connection is crap.

B.O.O.M

Can you usually find playoff games online after the fact? Going to watch as much as I can live, but I'm 12 hours ahead of EST and my connection is crap.

well you can most likely find them as torrents. Not sure if there would be archived videos anywhere tho, at least in decent quality

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Lac vs Gsw and Mem vs Okc are the only series I feel will be great in round 1.

I'm pulling for gsw for the upset and I want to see if MeM can abuse okc enough inside to make that series a dogfight.

Pimpwerx

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the HEAT win it all for the fabled 3peat. Back to back to back, Jack. Hey rest of the league, you can just give up now. We already won.

LOLcats, you stupid jabronis. BronBron's gonna break your fucking back, and make you humble. HEAT in 5. PEACE.

RS4-

Time to watch the Raps lose to balanced officiating because of the nets vets getting respect calls.

lil smoke

Banned
You cannot let that crowd get into this. Between that and a Nets shooting slump, that's a potential huge swing.

Yeah, that's a great crowd. Cool that they're outside as well. I had no idea the raptors were so popular in Toronto.
They are crazy. They still boo Vince Carter.

Top Bottom