• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017-18 TV Season Cancellations: Guess which woman's late night show got cancelled

Joni

"Ending" section is a bit weird, it combines shows that ended last season and shows that will air their final one this one.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
First cancellation of the 16-17 season: CBS' Doubt (2 episodes)
First cancellation of the 15-16 season: ABC's Wicked City (3 episodes)
First cancellation of the 14-15 season: ABC's Manhattan Love Story (4 episodes)
First cancellation of the 13-14 season: ABC's Lucky 7 (2 episodes)
First cancellation of the 12-13 season: CBS' Made in Jersey (2 episodes)
First cancellation of the 11-12 season: NBC's The Playboy Club (3 episodes)
First cancellation of the 10-11 season: Fox's Lone Star (2 episodes)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
still called cancelation huh?

Voz0m.gif

you gave me some hope just to crush it right away huh Sober ;_;

Bronx-Man

Banned
Scandal is ending this season? Damn, I didn't think that could happen to Shondaland shows. My mom's gonna be pissed.

You know CBS's development slate is bad when Young Sheldon looks like one of their better shows.

Wisdom of the Crowd and 9JKL look just abysmal.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
First cancellation of the 16-17 season: CBS' Doubt (2 episodes)
First cancellation of the 15-16 season: ABC's Wicked City (3 episodes)
First cancellation of the 14-15 season: ABC's Manhattan Love Story (4 episodes)
First cancellation of the 13-14 season: ABC's Lucky 7 (2 episodes)
First cancellation of the 12-13 season: CBS' Made in Jersey (2 episodes)
First cancellation of the 11-12 season: NBC's The Playboy Club (3 episodes)
First cancellation of the 10-11 season: Fox's Lone Star (2 episodes)

My money is on ABC cancelling that show about the dude talking to an angel. I can't even remember the name.

Inhumans is the obvious choice. But I'm betting they just keep mum about it and just choose not to renew and declare the whole thing an event series. And it's a genre show on Friday nights...it might survive, you never know.

G0523

That's good that they know way ahead of time too. The last season felt more exaggerated than previous seasons. Season 5 was a great ending point.

Veep should have ended after season 5, but better late than never I guess. Silicon Valley needs to end next year as well.

Yuuup exactly. Also, for Silicon Valley, it really didn't help that at the end of almost every season they were right back at square one. There's only so many times you can do that before it just gets annoying.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
She is in
only
one episode.
Good thing I didn't watch :( she is one of the best parts of Season 3.
Veep should have ended after season 5, but better late than never I guess. Silicon Valley needs to end next year as well.
What will HBO even have left at that point? They are probably really hoping Westworld Season 2, Game of Thrones Spin-Off and True Detective Season 3 are good.

Is it me or can the only hope for a new season of Salvation is that the earth is hit and the survival rocket has to go to mars? I love the show but how do they intend to continue it?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
What will HBO even have left at that point? They are probably really hoping Westworld Season 2, Game of Thrones Spin-Off and True Detective Season 3 are good.

As far as half hours go:

Ballers
Insecure
Divorce
High Maintenance
Rom 104
Animals
Crashing
Barry

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is B99 coming back this year? And if so, surely its for a last hurrah right?

dcll

Banned
Scandal is ending this season? Damn, I didn't think that could happen to Shondaland shows. My mom's gonna be pissed.

Flaming garbage show, my wife watches that, Chicago shows,(show with the girl with tattoos and Blacklist..SO BAD.

Is it me or can the only hope for a new season of Salvation is that the earth is hit and the survival rocket has to go to mars? I love the show but how do they intend to continue it?

I thought it would be on the cancellation pathline, unless they want it to be their next *Zoo*

In any case, everyone is holding secrets at at this point & the asteroid is so far out still that it wasnt even mentioned this episode in a significant manner...makes me think its going to get 1 more season??? I hope.

berzeli

Banned
Don't know what that is!!! "Google tells me show from 50's/60's"
A very popular show from the 50s. Where the guy wins every case except like two (often with the killer confessing in the courtroom), it's the arch-procedural when it comes to legal shows.

Imagine that on HBO.

And then thank Robert Downey Jr. for making it happen. He really wants it to for some reason.
Originally Nic Pizzolatto was attached, now it's Rolin Jones and Ron Fitzgerald (yeah, me neither).

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I think B99 has a little more life in it. I'd imagine Fox would at least let it go out like New Girl, with everyone knowing it's the end.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
A very popular show from the 50s. Where the guy wins every case except like two (often with the killer confessing in the courtroom), it's the arch-procedural when it comes to legal shows.

Imagine that on HBO.

And then thank Robert Downey Jr. for making it happen. He really wants it to for some reason.
Originally Nic Pizzolatto was attached, now it's Rolin Jones and Ron Fitzgerald (yeah, me neither).
It seems pretty safe to assume that if this ever materializes, it won't be as a procedural.

G0523

Is it bad that I want the title of this thread to say "Buckle up, Buckaroo! There's gonna be 7 more seasons!"?

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

Imagine that on HBO.

Simply amazing!
I just hope it's not like only one case for an entire season, because that's a bit long to watch after some time.
Isn't what the new Law & Order is doing? It worked in American Crime Story, but that case was insane.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
RIP Dark Matter. I was hoping the Next Episode app was wrong when I saw the notification of it being cancelled. :(

Outcast was also cancelled (or not). I haven't watched the second season yet, but I heard bad things.

Grizzlyjin

Blood Drive was the surprise of the summer for me, but it really ran out of gas midway through the season.

From TVline's round-up of info.
- CBS is developing "L.A. Confidential" for the small screen.
- "Jane The Virgin" star Gina Rodriguez is developing two shows, one for the CW and CBS:
Illegal is written/co-executive produced by Jane the Virgin scribe Rafael Agustin based on his real-life experience. The Ecuador-born Agustin grew up in America, and it was not until high school when he learned that, like his parents, he was undocumented. Illegal is described as a light one-hour about sixteen year old Rafael. He is a charming but bumbling high school student just trying to survive puberty. But when this all-American teenager discovers that he is not American at all, his perfect Honor Roll world is turned upside down.
Written/executive produced by Queen Of the South co-executive producer Dailyn Rodriguez, Have Mercy centers around a Latina doctor unable to practice when she immigrates to Miami who begins work as a nurse’s assistant, but risks everything when she opens a makeshift clinic in her apartment to serve the community. Also executive producing are Intrigue Entertainment’s Tariq Jalil and Lucas Carter who had initially optioned the format.

Top Bottom