• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2023 Xmas/Holiday Gifts

EruditeHobo

I was super sick and forced to cancel all my Xmas plans this year, so I ended up being stuck alone and missed all the quality family time -- nephews, niece, and other family opening presents, playtime with the new games/toys, all that holiday cheer I missed out on (apart from a couple brief facetime sessions).

Please give me one last little injection of cheer by posting your gifts received/given, and any holiday-related pics that are appropriate!

Happy holidays, and happy new year.

25WavbD.gif

Doom85

Oppenheimer Blu-Ray
Spider-man: Across the Spider-verse Blu-Ray
Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part 1 Blu-Ray
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Blu-Ray
The Girl From the Other Side (anime) Blu-Ray
Made in Abyss: The Golden City of the Scorching Sun (anime) Blu-Ray
True Detective Season 3 Blu-Ray
Teen Titans: The Complete Series Blu-Ray

Last edited:

sedg87

Banned
PS5 Games: Lies of P, Forspoken, Far Cry 6, Gotham Knights, Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Eternights and Lake
Only Fools and Horses bobblehead (Rodney)
Socks
A money tin containing a little bag of fudge
Cadbury Heroes
A couple of selection boxes

Those games will keep me going for a long while!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Oppenheimer Blu-Ray
Spider-man: Across the Spider-verse Blu-Ray
Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part 1 Blu-Ray
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Blu-Ray
The Girl From the Other Side (anime) Blu-Ray
Made in Abyss: The Golden City of the Scorching Sun (anime) Blu-Ray
True Detective Season 3 Blu-Ray
Teen Titans: The Complete Series Blu-Ray
You, alone, are keeping physical media alive. Keep doin’ what you’re doin’.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
2 legos, bugs and Chewbacca.
Clothes
Socks
A couple of jackets.

I gave a Lego the great wave to my son because he saw the painting at the met and loved it. We are building it now.
My wife got a purse from me a mop and some perfume.
My daughter got some clothes and she is really into bluey so we got her some of that.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Got some gift cards, chocolate, money and a sweet external SSD I'm going to use to re-back up all my stuff. I have my back ups on a 10 year old external USB HDD, but will duplicate it on the SSD.

For myself, I bought myself a new sweater and just realized one of my fav jeans has a crotch hole. So going to buy another pair of jeans this week. Bought a Steam game called Urtuk for $5. Also, bought a ton of heavy duty moving bins as I might move later in 2024. So prepping. I got tons of carboard boxes from my bro from when he moved lately, but also now have a stack of 10 big Rubbermaid bins.

SSD looks like this pic.

SanDisk-1TB-Extreme-Portable-External-SSD-04.jpg

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I hate it when children start to behave that way, if there is a video exagerrated im gonna put it... Or the stupid jokes about giving a box and it being another object, what is the point of these jokes??? 🙄.

I got to a point where Christmas is more of a day of being with the family.... Objects are already very secondary for me, because I already have everything and even much more.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Nothing, but honestly, I'm quite content with that. I do love Christmas, but I don't need it.

I did get a few small gifts for people who've helped me a lot recently.
That's true. I feel that we already buy many things that we want, that gifts are no longer so necessary, but rather being and having a good time at home.

Heimdall_Xtreme

This type of joke, I don't know who came up with it, but it is the most stupid and unnecessary.:rolleyes:

I hate when children behave by breaking boxes and objects, I would slap them hard to calm them down.

qbqx9evt1l751.gif

This happens due to lack of education, discipline and values in a house.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I got the ultimate Warhammer starter set and the paint and tools, a cuisinart kettle for my tea, the remaining parts of my pc, a dewalt leaf blower, a dewalt drill and impact, some crazy prepper stuff (yes, I’m that guy), a new Xbox controller, a new water bottle, and best of all the family got a new puppy for Christmas. She has highly bonded with my wife which is great as our other dog is definitely mine.

Top Bottom