• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2024 NFL Draft Day Thread |OT|

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
It’s Draft Week for the NFL as this year’s event takes place in Detroit.

Chicago Bears are on the clock with the #1 overall pick and right now, USC QB Caleb Williams is projected to go #1 overall.

2024_NFL_Draft.png

2024 NFL Draft Schedule
  • Draft Night 1 - Round One. Thursday, April 25 | 8:00 p.m. ET.
  • Draft Night 2 - Rounds Two and Three. Friday, April 26 | 7:00 p.m. ET.
  • Draft Night 3 - Rounds Four through Seven. Saturday, April 27 | 12:00 p.m. ET.

My hot takes:

-Drake Maye looks LEGIT. I would take him #2 over Jayden Daniels.

-J.J. McCarthy will be taken in the top 5.

-Marvin Harrison Jr. will slip out of the top 10.

What are your thought's on the 2024 NFL Draft? Where are you watching? What are you eating?

It's draft season, baby!

Last edited:

natjjohn

It’s Draft Week for the NFL as this year’s event takes place in Detroit.

Chicago Bears are on the clock with the #1 overall pick and right now, USC QB Caleb Williams is projected to go #1 overall.

2024_NFL_Draft.png

2024 NFL Draft Schedule
  • Draft Night 1 - Round One. Thursday, April 25 | 8:00 p.m. ET.
  • Draft Night 2 - Rounds Two and Three. Friday, April 26 | 7:00 p.m. ET.
  • Draft Night 3 - Rounds Four through Seven. Saturday, April 27 | 12:00 p.m. ET.

My hot takes:

-Drake Maye looks LEGIT. I would take him #2 over Jayden Daniels.

-J.J. McCarthy will be taken in the top 5.

-Marvin Harrison Jr. will slip out of the top 10.

What are your thought's on the 2024 NFL Draft? Where are you watching? What are you eating?

It's draft season, baby!

I just can’t see MHJr dropping out of the top ten. If so, would be a bonkers draft night, and I hope the Colts pounce. Betting five bucks that Marvin is the third WR taken pays 180…

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Yay, time for the bears to draft a new QB, let him get clobbered for 2 or 3 seasons, then trade him, rinse and repeat.
I think this time will be different for Bears fans, but I can understand your pessimism.

anyhow, I got a little some-some lined up for Thursday night:

76a8137d-3be8-4fb2-8f3c-5c69d693235b

1729575.jpg

Fanta-2-ltr.jpg

LET'S GO!!

Lunarorbit

Some teams in the back half of the 1st round will get some stud defensive prospects.

Pats fan here and I'll be stoked if we don't trade. Hoping maye as he seems like a better fit for Alex van pelts offense.

Could see 5 qbs, 8 oline, and 5 receivers in the 1st round easily.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Some teams in the back half of the 1st round will get some stud defensive prospects.

Pats fan here and I'll be stoked if we don't trade. Hoping maye as he seems like a better fit for Alex van pelts offense.

Could see 5 qbs, 8 oline, and 5 receivers in the 1st round easily.
Hopefully my Lions with a CB…although Brad Holmes doesn’t draft for need, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them take a WR at 29 (if they don’t trade the pick).

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm excited to see what happens. I know a lot of my fellow Broncos fans want to draft a QB, but I really hope that they either trade back or draft a monster OLineman at 12. I've just been hearing way too many Broncos fan say to basically pick any QB that's available and that's infuriating. I'm curious to see if Payton can actually get anything out of Zach Wilson for at least 1 year as I think this upcoming year is going to be a dumpster fire for the Broncos anyways.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

I'm excited to see what happens. I know a lot of my fellow Broncos fans want to draft a QB, but I really hope that they either trade back or draft a monster OLineman at 12. I've just been hearing way too many Broncos fan say to basically pick any QB that's available and that's infuriating. I'm curious to see if Payton can actually get anything out of Zach Wilson for at least 1 year as I think this upcoming year is going to be a dumpster fire for the Broncos anyways.
People really like bo nix to the Donkies. Maybe the Penn state or Oregon state ol guys or jc Latham.

Pallas

Can’t see Marv Jr dropping further than the Cardinals unless the Cards trade. If he drops to the 7th and Alt is taken, Titans may pounce.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
My Lions are legitimate SB contenders this coming season. Not only did they get a CB, but the best CB in the draft. Brad Holmes is a genius. Add a feisty DE and it’s game over.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
wow, what a draft on day one!

23 of the 32 picks were on offense. Penix taken in the top 10. Chicago gets not one, but two explosive players on offense.

This was one of the more entertaining drafts in years.

And then, watching Commissioner Goodell get booed constantly was the cherry on top!

-

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Welp…as a Lions fan, I no longer have the right to complain about a lack of cornerbacks. Signed two in the off-season and used the first two draft picks on one. No excuse for the secondary this season 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom