• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

22 dead, 59 injured in Manchester Arena explosion (Being treated as an attack)

I mean you should be upset about the loss of human life regardless of the cause. But what specifically would upset you about it being an accident?

It would upset me because we've been cultured to be fucking terrified of everything, and so loud accident noises are causing mass panic and a stampede of people crushing over each other, to escape the loud noise that was an accident. Killing each other in pure terror over a false alarm and accidental noise from a speaker blowing out?

It would upset me because we've been cultured to be fucking terrified of everything, and so loud accident noises are causing mass panic and a stampede of people crushing over each other, to escape the loud noise that was an accident. Killing each other in pure terror over a false alarm and accidental noise from a speaker blowing out?

We already know there was fatalities and injuries. This wasn't just a speaker

Lakitu

st5fu
Horrible. RIP. I mean just to go somewhere and to express their love of music and something so terrible happens. Not that it matters where it happens. It's just saddening.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
If this was terrorism (obviously all terrorism is horrible).. but how messed up can you be to target a bunch of teenage girls.
Terrorists have already sunk to the lowest of lows before. This wouldn't shock me. :(

Oh god the description on the BBC is...urgh...also holy shit that picture on twitter could be true...fuck.

If it's the picture I saw of what appears to be blood and bodies, there are tweets saying it's actually from a training video. So it's a case of taking anything like that with a large amount of scepticism. Wait until they're verified before fearing the worst.

We have NeoGAF members here with family at the show. Just saying in the nicest possible way, let's be careful what we post in regards to links to images and comments.

MrS

Banned
This is some scary shit. I'm going to see Interpol and Father John Misty in Manchester later this year and am very concerned about similar incidents occurring in future. Thoughts are with the families of those who were killed in this senseless attack.

Well the video we've seen shows a bright flash akin to some sort of explosion and there are reports of fatality by the police twitter account. Even if it were accidental from like a blown gas line or whatever it's clear it is serious enough that people are going to panic regardless of whether it was purposeful or not.

PizzaFace

Banned
It was an explosion with fatalities as confirmed by the police though.

The police have confirmed fatalities, they have not confirmed an explosion. Though that dashcam footage certainly shows one.

But the fact remains explosions can have many different causes. We simple don't know yet.

I am in the city centre at the moment. Fortunately I was not near the venue, but the sudden palpable atmosphere here is rather surreal and terrifying, made worse by the constant sound of sirens nearby. Everyone has just stopped talking and are glued to the news, afraid of moving.

RIP to the deceased.

Feel sick this is awful

Saw it earlier and hoped it was something and nothing.

Please be an accident and casualties be as few as possible :(

It can be manic there on the way out of a gig

LNBL

There is a fake picture circulating on Twitter that has supposedly been taken inside the venue, apparently it's fake so don't repost or retweet etc

Oh people got hit by an explosive blast is what you're saying? again, I'm not going to get deep into things unless there's clarity.

cos an audio system, could make a really big bang you know.

We don't know that.

Reports of an explosion. Confirmed fatalities. They could people getting trampled trying to get out of the venue. They could be people killed in an explosion. We don't know yet. Either way it's all kinds of horrible.

The police have confirmed fatalities, they have not confirmed an explosion. Though that dashcam footage certainly shows one.

But the fact remains explosions can have many different causes. We simple don't know yet.
Reports of an explosion, sorry misread the police statement! My b.

Other than a one sceond mention, nothing on CNN. God, you guys hate Trump that much?

Erm, it's not just "hate"; we have very very very likely attempts at obstruction of justice on a broadening scale by the president. But, this is off topic.

Anyways, remember the fog of war with breaking events, everyone. Thoughts to the victims.

Par Score

Fucking hell, just down the road. RIP to the victims.

It was an explosion with fatalities as confirmed by the police though.

The explosion was not confirmed by police.

"Reports of an explosion" is not confirming an explosion.

Even if it was an explosion, it's too soon to know origins let alone whether there was a motive.

Top Bottom