• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

25 Games Leaving PS Plus Extra and Premium in May 2024, including some Final Fantasy classics

ps-plus-push-square-2.large.jpg

ps-plus-push-square-3.large.jpg

Sony has today updated the Last Chance to Play section of its PS Plus service, revealing far and away the biggest batch of PS5 and PS4 titles leaving at once. On 21st May 2024, a whopping 25 games will be taken off PS Plus Extra and PS Plus Premium, including some quality Final Fantasy entries and indie hits. The complete list is as follows:
  • Abzu (PS4)
  • Adr1ft (PS4)
  • How to Survive 2 (PS4)
  • The Artful Escape (PS5, PS4)
  • Ashen (PS4)
  • Last Stop (PS5, PS4)
  • I Am Dead (PS4, PS4)
  • Absolver: Downfall (PS4)
  • My Friend Pedro (PS4)
  • The Messenger (PS4)
  • Jotun (PS4)
  • Sundered (PS4)
  • World of Final Fantasy (PS4)
  • This Is the Police (PS4)
  • This Is the Police 2 (PS4)
  • ELEX (PS4)
  • Monster Jam Steel Titans 2 (PS4)
  • Minit (PS4)
  • Observation (PS4)
  • Final Fantasy IX (PS4)
  • Final Fantasy VII (PS4)
  • Final Fantasy VIII Remastered (PS4)
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PS4)
  • Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition (PS4)
  • Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster (PS4)

Source - PushSquare

Last edited:

Kilau

I don’t know why I just can’t be arsed to bother with any games on this service even though I have premium but I play a ton of game pass. I guess game pass is just more predictable with removals. Anyway, I “own” a lot of these but do recommend The Artful Escape.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I don’t know why I just can’t be arsed to bother with any games on this service even though I have premium but I play a ton of game pass. I guess game pass is just more predictable with removals. Anyway, I “own” a lot of these but do recommend The Artful Escape.
I think the giant series dumps they do are ridiculous and I'd be pissed if I was subbing. Can't imagine anyone actually played FFVII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII and XV. They probably played 1 of those, so that's 6 wasted games right there.

Three

Is Observation good? Should I play it before it's gone?

I think the giant series dumps they do are ridiculous and I'd be pissed if I was subbing. Can't imagine anyone actually played FFVII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII and XV. They probably played 1 of those, so that's 6 wasted games right there

I played both 7 and 15. They were there a long time (just checked, it was there for 3 whole years, not sure how that's wasted).

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

If they're leaving PS+, I won't be surprised if they start appearing on GP again lol, part of their newfound friendship with SE.

Is Observation good? Should I play it before it's gone?

It's fine, it's a mystery point and click game basically, if that's your thing.

The way the game uses visual filters and shit, it often looks like real, compressed, video footage though. Lends a very eerie feel.

Last edited:

tmlDan

I think the giant series dumps they do are ridiculous and I'd be pissed if I was subbing. Can't imagine anyone actually played FFVII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII and XV. They probably played 1 of those, so that's 6 wasted games right there.
Just buy them, they're cheap. It's not something to be mad about, I own most of them anyways and if they really wanted to play old ass FF games they can buy them as well.

JaksGhost

That’s their own fault for waiting so long and not playing them. The games have been on the service for years.

Three

That's doesn't really tell you much. There were 20% less players for Immortals of Aveum and Minecraft Legends specifically compared to those who played Sifu. Not 20% less PS plus players in general. mostly because there has been a string of top paid games they're more likely to be playing instead like Helldivers or FF7R. It's more in quiet months that the free PS+ games get more attention. Helldivers likely boosted overall PS+ player counts.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
They probably do that on purpose because if they released 1 FF per year a gamer can just milk it forever without buying any.

But if you get a gamer to play 1 or 2 of them and the games disappear they might be amped up to buy one of the other games.

Last edited:

Hestar69

was thinking about playing X or 8 again after beating ff6 for the first time yesterday....I really dont wanna use my X disc and turn my ps5 into a lawn mower

reinking

Gold Member
That's doesn't really tell you much. There were 20% less players for Immortals of Aveum and Minecraft Legends specifically compared to those who played Sifu. Not 20% less PS plus players in general. mostly because there has been a string of top paid games they're more likely to be playing instead like Helldivers or FF7R. It's more in quiet months that the free PS+ games get more attention. Helldivers likely boosted overall PS+ player counts.
I had to read it twice to understand what they were saying. I had flashbacks to eighth grade Algebra.

xrnzaaas

Feels like this deserves its own topic.
You'd have to explain to 90% of the people who comment that PS+ didn't actually lose 20% subs. ;)

That article just shows people didn't rush to play Aveum or Minecraft now that they're "free".

Last edited:
Seems like I only have to check out My Friend Pedro this month. The other games I either already have played or have no interest in. Perfect month to finally start GTA V before that appears in the leaving soon section.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
You'd have to explain to 90% of the people who comment that PS+ didn't actually lose 20% subs. ;)

That article just shows people didn't rush to play Aveum or Minecraft now that they're "free".
He is a console warrior. Reality doesn’t mean much to his kind, I am afraid.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
ps-plus-push-square-2.large.jpg

ps-plus-push-square-3.large.jpg

Sony has today updated the Last Chance to Play section of its PS Plus service, revealing far and away the biggest batch of PS5 and PS4 titles leaving at once. On 21st May 2024, a whopping 25 games will be taken off PS Plus Extra and PS Plus Premium, including some quality Final Fantasy entries and indie hits. The complete list is as follows:
  • Abzu (PS4)
  • Adr1ft (PS4)
  • How to Survive 2 (PS4)
  • The Artful Escape (PS5, PS4)
  • Ashen (PS4)
  • Last Stop (PS5, PS4)
  • I Am Dead (PS4, PS4)
  • Absolver: Downfall (PS4)
  • My Friend Pedro (PS4)
  • The Messenger (PS4)
  • Jotun (PS4)
  • Sundered (PS4)
  • World of Final Fantasy (PS4)
  • This Is the Police (PS4)
  • This Is the Police 2 (PS4)
  • ELEX (PS4)
  • Monster Jam Steel Titans 2 (PS4)
  • Minit (PS4)
  • Observation (PS4)
  • Final Fantasy IX (PS4)
  • Final Fantasy VII (PS4)
  • Final Fantasy VIII Remastered (PS4)
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PS4)
  • Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition (PS4)
  • Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster (PS4)

Source - PushSquare

it hurts me for world of final fantasy

Last edited:
Good thing I own those FF games already. I'd hate it if, one very sad day, we lose the ability to buy and own new games in a sub-only world.

Last edited:

Bojji

Gamepass fucked me few times now with this shit.

I was 3/4 into Persona 4 when they removed it from the service (started way before the announcement). Thankfully high seas and save converter exist, hahaha.

I guess GP is slightly better than ps+ but both are in "you own nothing" category. Game you always wanted to play might not be there anymore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom