• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

27-year-old woodworking teacher charged with six felonies for relationship with student

badblue

And i explained the reason why a lot of people give it a pass. Nature.

Nature doesn't care about age. It's entirely natural for a 30 year old male primate to mate with a 13 year old primate in the various primate species, for example.

Just because something is nature doesn't mean that we can't decide it's detrimental to our society, at which point the nature argument is irrelevant.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
"Where were all these sexed up teachers when I was in high school!" lmao. Still gross regardless of gender.
Who knows. lol

Out of all the teachers and profs I had, there was literally one who was hot. And she wore black skirts too. That's it. Every other female teacher seemed like a 40-60 year old cronies. And had a bunch in elementary school nearing retirement age.

Majormaxxx

Who knows. lol

Out of all the teachers and profs I had, there was literally one who was hot. And she wore black skirts too. That's it. Every other female teacher seemed like a 40-60 year old cronies. And had a bunch in elementary school nearing retirement age.
I had an extremely attractive literature teacher in her mid 20s. She went out of her way to behave professionally and never, ever would allow the student teacher boundary to be crossed. Lots of guys found her attractive. I also had a 22-23 year old biology teacher, smart and handsome, and the girls were crazy about him. He, similarly, went out of his way to make sure he conducted himself professionally.

Teachers are not teenagers. They are not the kids' friends or peers.

GametimeUK

QUrZLfV.jpg

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
She should be immediately fired and barred from teaching. That type of relationship is unfair for the rest of the students no matter if its high school or college. That behavior is unprofessional to the highest degree and can damage the school’s reputation.

The felonies and possibility of a 7 year sentence is ridiculous though. She is not a rapist & the boy is not innocent. Boys are not the same as girls. Men are not the same as women. Boys are more culpable in the act and know exactly what the fuck they are doing. Girls are more innocent and susceptible to manipulation. Boys absolutely can be victims of sexual abuse including statutory rape, but not a 16 year old banging his 27 year old teacher. Get real.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
"Where were all these sexed up teachers when I was in high school?!" lmao. Still gross regardless of gender.
I had a blonde bombshell as a history teacher in my junior year. We were all 16-17 years old and that perfect 10 woman had everyone from the students to faculty drooling over her. Students were always giddy around her and would constantly flirt with her even though she never flirted back or even acknowledged it.

I actually felt bad for her because gym teachers and pervy music teachers (one of whom was actually caught and fired for hitting on female students) would constantly show up during our class and literally have a conversation with her. She would be extremely annoyed and flustered. All the fat ugly teachers hated her and when she left after constant harassment, they all had no sympathy for her. They blamed her and dismissed her concerns over sexual harassment as an overreaction. My guess is she went to the principal and tried to put a stop to being constantly interrupted during class and was not taken seriously leaving her no choice but to quit. Early 2000s were a crazy era.

Whats funny is that she showed up looking super hot wearing skirts in her first week. By week 2 and towards the end she was wearing turtle necks showing zero skin with her hair pulled back, pant suits and even nerd glasses on some days but that only made her look even hotter.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
She should be immediately fired and barred from teaching. That type of relationship is unfair for the rest of the students no matter if its high school or college. That behavior is unprofessional to the highest degree and can damage the school’s reputation.

The felonies and possibility of a 7 year sentence is ridiculous though. She is not a rapist & the boy is not innocent. Boys are not the same as girls. Men are not the same as women. Boys are more culpable in the act and know exactly what the fuck they are doing. Girls are more innocent and susceptible to manipulation. Boys absolutely can be victims of sexual abuse including statutory rape, but not a 16 year old banging his 27 year old teacher. Get real.
So if this was reversed and it was a 16yr old girl and a 27yr old man would you still want the charges to be dropped or reduced?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
So if this was reversed and it was a 16yr old girl and a 27yr old man would you still want the charges to be dropped or reduced?

I would want at least some of the charges to stick. In your example a 27 year old man is takin advantage of a young girl in an uneven power dynamic. The man is the pursuer and the primary catalyst. In this story however, and most others like it, its the younger boy initiating the intimacy out of his own volition & agency. The female teacher can’t advance anything without the boy’s collusion.

thefool

And ha nothing to do with the societal rules we've put in place.
We've decided that adults having sex with people under the arbitrary age of consent is wrong. Yet we seem to give it a pass when the adult is a woman and youth is a boy by calling it a "relationship" and anything other then "statutory rape" as is done when it's a male. That's wrong, it's a double standard and I'll call it out.

Its not giving a pass.
We've been his age and we remember what we wanted back then.

Gp1

I had one teacher in my entire elementary/highschool years that was hot. She was 20/early 30 something when I was in highschool.
Times goes by (+- 15/20 years), her brother became my postgrad advisor and he showed me a family photo with her and her husband.

Guess how she looks now? Exactly how you described the 40-60 years old there lol.

Time is cruel.

Last edited:

badblue

Its not giving a pass.
It is giving it a pass by downplaying the seriousness when it's a woman having a "dalliance" or "affair" or "relationship" with an underage student. Every male teacher, its just rape.

Every time it's a woman, it get's memed:
Approve South Park GIF

That South Park episode was calling this shit out.

We've been his age and we remember what we wanted back then.
We were all idiots back then and that doesn't absolve the 27 year old teacher that fucked a 16 year old.

nkarafo

Nature doesn't care about age. It's entirely natural for a 30 year old male primate to mate with a 13 year old primate in the various primate species, for example.

Just because something is nature doesn't mean that we can't decide it's detrimental to our society, at which point the nature argument is irrelevant.

Evidently no, since society still has this double standard when it comes to men and women and it's only the law that keeps it in check.

Again, i'm only explaining why this double standard exists, i'm not saying if it's right or wrong. It is what it is.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I would want at least some of the charges to stick. In your example a 27 year old man is takin advantage of a young girl in an uneven power dynamic. The man is the pursuer and the primary catalyst. In this story however, and most others like it, its the younger boy initiating the intimacy out of his own volition & agency. The female teacher can’t advance anything without the boy’s collusion.
Yeah that's ridiculous. Both cases are a teacher taking advantage of a student. Both should be charged equally.

The fact that one victim is a boy and the other is a girl is irrelevant because they are both minors and the adult knows better.

Locutus

Controversial opinion: Boys and girls are built differently, especially when it has to do with sex. There is no equality here, by nature. You can try and throw as many "double standards" argument as you want but this will never change.
Jesus Christ, are you seriously taking the pro-sex with minors position?

How about this take: If you are an adult, and stupid enough to fuck a child, you should go to jail. Adults don't get to fuck kids, no matter their gender - even if the kids consent (pro tip, kids can't consent). God damn, this should not be a controversial opinion, you creeps.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Funny how our society excuses pedophilia if it is a female teacher. The male boy is showered with envy and praise, while the girl is seen as a victim of rape. Make it make sense.
Because boys are trying to have sex as soon as possible. Well, most boys want to at the very least. At least that’s how I remember fantasies with my attractive (and semi-attractive) female teachers.

I mean, I remember having a dream when I was in second grade and I was sleeping naked with my teacher. I think it’s in our genes.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Not like it matters anymore, but I thought about a couple teachers throughout my life. A secondary teacher in 4th grade and the math/volleyball coach in high school. At the time, none of it felt bad. It felt great to feel that attraction because hormones are strong at that age. It was the time away from the institutionalized system and becoming an adult that has changed my views. As an adult it becomes harder to have empathy for the participating adult. They committed the act, so they paid the price. The child can’t consent, so it’s a crime. There’s nothing wrong with feeling some sexual attraction to a person in authority, but the person in authority is also guiding those kids to their adult life. That should exclude any type of personal relationship.

Yeah that's ridiculous. Both cases are a teacher taking advantage of a student. Both should be charged equally.

The fact that one victim is a boy and the other is a girl is irrelevant because they are both minors and the adult knows better.
I think the idea that we should treat men and women the same is noble in some ways but most people disagree with it in reality.

Most men have had their bums pinched by women or experienced some other kinds of unwanted sexual touching, especially in nightclubs or similar venues. In the vast majority of cases it doesn't bother men anywhere near as much as it bothers women.

So, what should we do? Should there be mass campaigns to criminalise millions of women, lock them in jail, put them on the sex offenders register and ban them for certain jobs (teaching, for example)? Or, should we expect women to shrug it off when men do it to them tell them to get on with it?

I'm not saying that adult women having sex with underage boys is not a problem. It clearly is and should be a criminal offence but I don't think it's the same when it's a female victim. For one thing, many teenage boys are stronger than grown women so they can stop the situation much more easily than a girl can with a grown man.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
The age old argument. I KNOW it shouldn't be in any way excused if it's a young male - but at the same time, if this was one of me or any of my friends at the time, we'd have been all over her like a rash and bragging to everybody about it.

Different on a societal level, but not a legal one, and I doubt that'll ever change.

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
My female German language teacher at school was in her mid 20s and had HUGE pair of knockers, I'd have been a very happy boy indeed to have been taken advantage of, by her, at 16....The bragging rights alone, Wow! :messenger_beaming:

Tams

I had an extremely attractive literature teacher in her mid 20s. She went out of her way to behave professionally and never, ever would allow the student teacher boundary to be crossed. Lots of guys found her attractive. I also had a 22-23 year old biology teacher, smart and handsome, and the girls were crazy about him. He, similarly, went out of his way to make sure he conducted himself professionally.

Teachers are not teenagers. They are not the kids' friends or peers.

We had an insanely attractive biology teacher. She acted very professionally around us (butnwas still very cool), but the Aussie gap year student though... yeah she just disappeared one day, as did he.

One of the young male teachers was rather upset about it as he had a thing for her. The thing is... the rumours were that he got booted out of the girls school in town.

Lasha

Because boys are trying to have sex as soon as possible. Well, most boys want to at the very least. At least that’s how I remember fantasies with my attractive (and semi-attractive) female teachers.

I mean, I remember having a dream when I was in second grade and I was sleeping naked with my teacher. I think it’s in our genes.

Most girls would fuck like guys if it weren't for the social stigma attached to having multiple partners.

Most girls would fuck like guys if it weren't for the social stigma attached to having multiple partners.

I disagree. Hormones play a large part in the sexual appetites of young men. You'd be hard pressed to find a man in his 60s who has the same libido as he did when he was 16. This is due to a decline in testosterone and young men have more testosterone than young women.

Also, a woman takes a far bigger risk when she sleeps with a new man than the man does due to the strength advantage that men have. I believe it was Margret Atwood who said that when a man sleeps with a woman for the first time he's scared that she's going to laugh at him; when a woman sleeps with a man for the first time she's scared that he's going to rape her and kill her.

Society plays a part but it can't overcome biology.

Lasha

I disagree. Hormones play a large part in the sexual appetites of young men. You'd be hard pressed to find a man in his 60s who has the same libido as he did when he was 16. This is due to a decline in testosterone and young men have more testosterone than young women.

Also, a woman takes a far bigger risk when she sleeps with a new man than the man does due to the strength advantage that men have. I believe it was Margret Atwood who said that when a man sleeps with a woman for the first time he's scared that she's going to laugh at him; when a woman sleeps with a man for the first time she's scared that he's going to rape her and kill her.

Society plays a part but it can't overcome biology.

I'm astonished that you wrote something so bizarre. I honestly have no words. The mental gymastics on display to justify an adult sexually abusing a child under their care is insane. I'm almost certain you haven't read Atwood if that is all you got from her works.

The differences in responses between this thread and the Justin Roiland thread are fucking terrifying.

We're talking about kids the same age, 16, being groomed and exploited by adults in positions of power.

Its super creepy. The tone of victim blaming and the lengths gone to protect predators is insane.

I'm astonished that you wrote something so bizarre. I honestly have no words. The mental gymastics on display to justify an adult sexually abusing a child under their care is insane. I'm almost certain you haven't read Atwood if that is all you got from her works.

Its super creepy. The tone of victim blaming and the lengths gone to protect predators is insane.

How have I justified an adult sexually abusing a child? I didn't mention anything about that at all. You said that girls would fuck like guys if it wasn't for social stigma and I said I think it's about more than just social stigma, it's about the inherent differences between men and women. At no point did I even mention adults abusing children.

I really don't know what you're talking about, it seems like you're responding to a different post to the one you quoted.

For the record, I studied A Handmaid's Tale in college but I thought it was boring and can't remember much about it.

Lunarorbit

I was gonna post something but I decided not to. Teachers nowadays are way younger than they used to be. Teach for America, americorps, bad pay until you get some years in, the incentive to have the summer off.

Growing up there was one attractive female teacher in middle school and none in high school. This isn't an excuse but none of the guys or girls were trying to fuck teachers.

At the elementary school I worked at recently there was 5 male employees total. We had 5 female teachers in their 20s and several of them were hot/hottish. Shit has changed. Teachers were mostly women before but they are way younger and the entry standards for teachers have been lowered lots in the past few years.

Scotty W

Gold Member
nature doesn't mean that we can't decide it's detrimental to our society,
This is an odd line. If we can just decide it is detrimental, we can just as easily decide it is ok. I can’t see how a prohibition can have any force unless something really IS wrong, but wouldn’t that make us fall back on the nature argument.

Top Bottom