• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2k sports announces The BIGS (MLB Extreme)

C4Lukins

Nice. I have always preferred the arcadey baseball games to the simulators. Bases Loaded, Ken Griffey, and Base Wars all the way.

Parch

They might as well make an arcade baseball game, their baseball sim game has gone downhill two years in a row.

Everybody thought that Madden would turn to crap when EA got the football rights. It hasn't. I never would have thought that it would be 2K taking the dive by getting the MLB rights. Very disappointing.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Parch said:
They might as well make an arcade baseball game, their baseball sim game has gone downhill two years in a row.

Everybody thought that Madden would turn to crap when EA got the football rights. It hasn't. I never would have thought that it would be 2K taking the dive by getting the MLB rights. Very disappointing.

Comedy GOLD!

A little more info on 'The Bigs' is available from this article at IGN.com

The article is 95% about MLB 2K7, but here is what it says about 'The Bigs':

"As a thank you for the journalists, we were treated to a sneak preview of 2K Sports' upcoming arcade baseball title, The Bigs. With the exception of a lone screenshot released last Halloween, there hadn't been any footage or information about the game. Apart from rapidly showing off various players, all of whom seemed to have the same visual detail found in MLB 2K7, the teaser trailer highlighted some of The Bigs upcoming features. Gamers will be able to create their own player, giving them various "attitude" features like tattoos, American flag bats and other uniform altering details. These players can be run through various training drills, including batting practice and speed drills, and be put into various game situations to see whether or not they can make the big plays when their team needs them. Like other arcade baseball titles, players will be able to expect thrown balls with flashy comet tails or other supernatural effects, although we were told that there would be no fights or charging the mound in The Bigs."

I want to put that link in a MLB 2K7 thread too since it is mainly about MLB 2K7, but it is hard to find the right thread since 'mlb' and '2k7' are considered too short to be valid search terms. It would be real nice if there were exceptions to that rule since it is hard to think up other good search terms. 'baseball' I guess, but that is pretty vague and produces too many results.

Top Bottom