• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

375 Top Scientists Warn Us Not To Vote For Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

FDC1

200w.gif

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
The sad thing is that even here on GAF as liberal as we tend to be, there are still Trump supporters. I don't understand how this all is possible but I appreciate any and all help in securing a non Trump future for us all. I don't care the reasoning or if Hilary killed your parents and your little puppy dog tootsie. If you support Trump, you're a bad person. It's that simple.

Why would a regular guy listen to this?

What's sad is that the people involved here don't seem to have learned their lesson from that. You know what a regular person reads/hears?
"Highly educated people with a good income that don't really care about regular people and/or cannot relate to them tell them to not vote Trump, cite fear of global warming."

(I should probably use "regular" instead.)
Why do regular people listen to the government or politicians or presidential candidates who are incredibly wealthy people that mostly don't relate to the common folk?

Should scientists be employing fear tactics that work so well on the common people, then? "Here's what you lose if you don't believe in global warming... Let's make nature great again"

Paz

As important as this is I can't help but feel anyone who is going to vote for trump wouldn't give a fuck about the opinions of the worlds top minds, I mean even if they are entertaining the idea of a Trump vote you are so far down the anti-intellectual rabbit hole that this would make zero difference.

Idiocracy is real.

Salamando

Why do regular people listen to the government or politicians or presidential candidates who are incredibly wealthy people that mostly don't relate to the common folk?

Should scientists be employing fear tactics that work so well on the common people, then? "Here's what you lose if you don't believe in global warming... Let's make nature great again"

In this case, people listen to republicans 'cause jobs. By calling global warming a ruse, it allows them to lift restrictions on unclean energy. As the article mentions, " lifting all restrictions on mining, fracking and drilling is among the ways the GOP candidate plans to pay for his costly proposals."

Lots of the areas that depend on mining and drilling haven't been doing so hot recently. People only tend to care about tomorrow when they aren't hungry today.

Deft Beck

It is difficult to get people who are already not listening to care about an abstract, multifaceted concept such as climate change. Trump's base cares about getting back what is impossible to recoup, on the basis of their own feelings of scorn, which threaten to stymie any form of progress.

Why not stick to just fundraising for Hillary and the Democrats or help GOTV efforts? Do people think this public stunt is going to work in today's global political climate?

takriel

Send Trump's voters forward in time into a parallel universe where Trump won, officially declared climate change a hoax, and where climate change has indeed become deadly for mankind. Let them return only if they admit their mistake.

Fred-87

I have a question for Americans. Can the president make such decisions on his own? To walk out of the Paris agreement. Because in my country he wouldnt be able to do that such easily on his own

Too many conservatives are deluded to the point that they think scientists are part of the rich, liberal elite that are conspiring to hold them down. They'll dismiss out of hand anything that has backing from the scientific community. And unfortunately the Republican party is now beholden to these folks. It's THE reason why I consider the current party to be a cancer on our society.

Good for them. Anti-American Donald Trump, whose electoral defeat is Americans' patriotic duty to ensure, is also the anti-knowledge candidate. His global warming conspiracy theory is deranged, just like him. He doesn't care about our planet because he has no moral center at all. Let's not forget that he also wants to abolish the EPA. That decision must be born out of both greed, malice, and stupidity, like most of his behaviors.

nomster

I don't even think any top republicans could convince his base not vote for him anymore. Just a chorus of "well, Hilary..."

daveo42

Banned
I hope this more mobilized people who aren't considering to vote to actually go to the polls this year as opposed to changing the minds of current Trump supporters. Based on most of the information out there now, they don't listen to facts, but their own feelings on things even if those feelings are 100% wrong and not justifiable in any way, shape or form.

adj_noun

Egghead liberal elites! Are YOU gonna let 'em tell you how to vote!!!

/sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom