• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D Space Harrier coming to 3DS

Erethian

Because it's not? It's bound to your hardware as long as you have your hardware with you but if you break it or just change it sor some reason (like a XL) you can redownload all your stuff on your new hardware.

DD are linked to the hardware which is linked to your nintendo.com account. Link your new hardware to your account and drop a mail to Nintendo and tada, your stuff is back.

It's not as flexible as Steam or X360 or PS3 where you can login with your account at a friend's place, but it's in no way completely tied to your hardware with everything gone as soon as it breaks.

Still a hassle to go through to recover your digital download content if your system is ever stolen/lost/breaks.

Though according to a poster on GAF who is known to have inside knowledge, Nintendo is going to be retroactively bringing Nintendo Network accounts to the 3DS, so that should improve things somewhat. Whenever it happens.

Harlock

Missile Defense 3D was a simple game but fucking cool to play because you use the 3D glasses and the Light Phaser at same time.

SMSCapaMissileDefense3D.jpg

Missile%20Defense%203D-3.png

this game is great! no exaggeration when i say it has the best use of 3D i've seen on the system. everything is super easy to see with no crosstalk, and the 2D objects hanging in space look really natural; it's a perfect fit for the tech. this is at least as good as any of nintendo's 3D classics - easily worth 600 yen, especially if you dig space harrier.

now do the same for after burner and outrun please sega!

GDGF

Soothsayer
this game is great! no exaggeration when i say it has the best use of 3D i've seen on the system. everything is super easy to see with no crosstalk, and the 2D objects hanging in space look really natural; it's a perfect fit for the tech. this is at least as good as any of nintendo's 3D classics - easily worth 600 yen, especially if you dig space harrier.

That's what I wanted to hear.

zroid

Banned
For some reason I was expecting more of a visual upgrade than simply being a 3D Classic type of thing, but it still lends itself perfectly to 3D either way. Can't wait.

@MUWANdo

Banned
For some reason I was expecting more of a visual upgrade than simply being a 3D Classic type of thing, but it still lends itself perfectly to 3D either way. Can't wait.

What do you mean by "more of a visual upgrade"? What could they possibly do short of remaking everything with polygons or whatever?

zroid

Banned
What do you mean by "more of a visual upgrade"? What could they possibly do short of remaking everything with polygons or whatever?

Well I'm not really sure, I had just imagined, when announced, there would be added detail or colour, or something like that. Anyhoo, it doesn't matter :)

No, no, first things first: Bring Space Harrier to the west Sega, afterwards After Burner and Outrun simultaneous worldwide release (lol).

Thanks for the impressions btw.

So excited for this! ...especially since it's M2

Shame we never got the the AGES Space Harrier collection. I would buy it off jpan PSN, but too expensive.

Still, this is the next best thing and then some

This game really does hold up amazingly well. Anyone know if there are any menu translations about? Seem to be quite a lot of gameplay options and would be nice to know what I was changing!

hongcha

I got this from the eshop yesterday, and it's pretty nice. However, scores don't reset when you continue, and there are infinite continues, so this is not a good thing for high score competitions.

I got this from the eshop yesterday, and it's pretty nice. However, scores don't reset when you continue, and there are infinite continues, so this is not a good thing for high score competitions.

There aren't infinite continues. At least not by default, unless it's unlocked later on.

BriBri

Finally downloaded. Excellent use of 3D. Hopefully profitably enough for Sega to bring more 3D Classics to the 3DS.

When can I buy this in Europe? I need this. I've never played Space Harrier in the arcades but I grew up on the Master System version. I still have it.

@MUWANdo

Banned
When can I buy this in Europe? I need this. I've never played Space Harrier in the arcades but I grew up on the Master System version. I still have it.

If you're talking specifically about the 3D version for 3DS, it's not out in Europe and there's no ETA on when it might arrive.

If you're just asking about Space Harrier generally, for any platform, then you can buy the arcade original on the Wii Virtual Console for $8 or so--it's by the same devs that did the 3D version and has a lot of the same options, as well as controller configs and whatnot.

gunstarhero

If you're talking specifically about the 3D version for 3DS, it's not out in Europe and there's no ETA on when it might arrive.

If you're just asking about Space Harrier generally, for any platform, then you can buy the arcade original on the Wii Virtual Console for $8 or so--it's by the same devs that did the 3D version and has a lot of the same options, as well as controller configs and whatnot.

The arcade version is also available on the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for X360/PS3 (but I'm not even sure if that;s available in europe), as well as the Japan PSN store under the Sega AGES collection.

I grew up with the SMS version as well - and played the arcade version for the first time (on WiiVC) and was blown away. Go get it.

Sorry, I should have been a little clearer! I've played the arcade version, but I've never had the chance to actually sit down in the machine and experience the game in the arcade itself. I'd love to; a lot of people always write about how fun it is to play it in the moving seat.

IIRC, I've actually been through the 3D remake version on the PS2 SEGA Classics Collection disc. That version was far less colourful, but still a lot of fun (and there's also a sweet 3D remake of the first Golden Axe on that disc too!)

Thanks a lot for the replies though. I hope we see a release of this for both Europe and America. :(

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Awesome, but is it 30fps I suppose?
Now gimme Super Hang-On.

I'd buy a full price retail version of After Burner Climax 3D in a hearbeat (((;゚Д゚)))
I'll settle for ABII if that's out of the question, or maybe G-Loc or even better Strike Force/ABIII which I've sadly never played

That's a good sign. :)

But I want to know about more Sega 3D Classics, we know more are coming. Oh can you imagine if we got SATURN games?!

NiGHTS 3D? Panzer Dragoon 3D? VIRTUAL ON 3D?! *drools*

They could downgrade the PS2 versions to their original Saturn incarnations or something, I think this is a port anyway and not emulation as clearly it's a huge change from the Arcade/Genesis/whatever original. So the previously mentioned shouldn't be out the cards, right? :(

Top Bottom