• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS can use 128GB SDXC cards

I have a 32 GB with all of this installed and still have just a little over 10GB remaining.

fc9vnpMjs3HW

Only games I still have game cards for are Mario Tennis, Mario Kart 7, and Metal Gear Solid 3D.

The last of which still isn't available on the US eShop. The other two I'm just waiting to drop in price, then I can give my wife the cartridges for good.

Why don't you have folders ._. So cluttered.

Think I've finally gotten the formatting sorted, couldn't figure out the programs people advised, tried doing it through Command Prompt, Windows didn't like that for some reason but I think I've gotten it fixed. Just coping everything over now to the new card.

I bought a 64 gig Sandisk card tonight because my 32 gig one was just about full and I can not for the life of me format it to be 64 gigs in fat32 format. I tried downloading a bunch of different programs, but each one is formatting it to be like 28 gigs. Can Windows just not recognize it properly?

Edit: Even using command prompt formatting I can't get it to show up larger than 32 gigs. What gives? :/

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I bought a 64 gig Sandisk card tonight because my 32 gig one was just about full and I can not for the life of me format it to be 64 gigs in fat32 format. I tried downloading a bunch of different programs, but each one is formatting it to be like 28 gigs. Can Windows just not recognize it properly?

Edit: Even using command prompt formatting I can't get it to show up larger than 32 gigs. What gives? :/

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Try that.
You're on Win 7 or higher right?

I used this program
http://www.verbatim.com/index/searc..._form_submit.x=0&basic_search_form_submit.y=0
Works a treat on the 128 card I got

"this" is more than a year old by now and by next year, there will be at least 32+gig of content on the eshop. something like a 128 gig card is getting more and more reasonable.
I'd filled up my 32 GB card to be honest, picked up both Shin Megami Tensei IV and Res Evil Revelations on it recently and they pushed it over there edge. There are a few 1 GB plus games coming to it now.

watershed

Banned
I think I have a 32GB sd card in my 3ds and I have tons of free space left, even with all my digital purchases. I don't think I will ever need another for my 3ds.

Frolow

Banned
I have a 32 GB with all of this installed and still have just a little over 10GB remaining.

fc9vnpMjs3HW

Only games I still have game cards for are Mario Tennis, Mario Kart 7, and Metal Gear Solid 3D.

The last of which still isn't available on the US eShop. The other two I'm just waiting to drop in price, then I can give my wife the cartridges for good.

What's the game to the left of Mario Vs Donkey Kong?

terrisus

I used EaseUS Partition Master to format my 64GB card.
I previously had a 16GB card, but I filled it up and had a couple of things I couldn't put on it. While I probably could have been fine with a 32GB card, it's nice to have all the extra space.

Bog

Junior Ace
Is there still an issue with the ACNL digital copy save when doing an SD card transfer?

This would be nice if the music player were faster and more streamlined. As it is it takes forever just to read a library of around 100 MP3s.

Top Bottom