• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS reserves start December 26th.

Josh7289 said:
It's true.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/nw2011/

At the bottom of the page they say 3D images (not just 3DS) could have adverse effects on kids 6 and under, so they should play in 2D mode, and it's possible for the system to be locked in 2D mode in the parental controls.

They don't specify why it might hurt their eyes, though. Maybe it's just to be on the super safe side.

I think they're just playing safe, I read that there isn't a study that indicates 3D vision can be harmful to kids eyes but that since kids are still developing his eyes they shouldn't see 3D images or something like that.

Wow. So is the old screen shot when the first started working on it for the 3DS and the new is what it looks like now? Or different versions?

Poyunch

bucsfan0210 said:
Wow. So is the old screen shot when the first started working on it for the 3DS and the new is what it looks like now? Or different versions?
The old screen is what it looked like when it was revealed or something and the new screen is apparently the newest media released for it. It's pretty crazy, probably the best improvement so far of all the 3DS games.

[Nintex]

Nintendo is smart with the 3DS 'bad for your kids' stuff. They're throwing it out before the end of the year and all their January events. It'll be a distant memory by the time the thing launches and when someone brings it up they can say: "we told you man, should've watched the news on New years eve instead of having a party and all that shit"

Anth0ny

I don't think I'll really be using 3D much anyways. I can kinda see it hurting my eyes (and eating battery) if I just leave it on all the time.

Relaxed Muscle said:
I think they're just playing safe, I read that there isn't a study that indicates 3D vision can be harmful to kids eyes but that since kids are still developing his eyes they shouldn't see 3D images or something like that.

Yeah my news decided to talk about it but didn't explain why it was bad for kids eyes. LOL

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Anth0ny said:
I don't think I'll really be using 3D much anyways. I can kinda see it hurting my eyes (and eating battery) if I just leave it on all the time.
I don't see how it could eat more battery than the 2D mode.

So I put money for this down today. Yeah no price or firm release date sucks, but at the same time I'm gonna get this regardless unless it's outrageously outside of what I think it'll cost (like 400-500 dollars.)

I used a Visa gift card; I hate those things since I'm so paranoid about using them to their last drop. Used all 100 dollars in one fell swoop for this thing.

Can't wait. :)

[Nintex]

GDGF said:
That looks good! Suprised how close the new 3DS screen is to the PS3 one.
That's what developers have been saying for a while now(that 3DS visuals resemble Xbox 360 and PS3 visuals) and it makes sense because of the smaller resolutions and shader features. 3DS won't match them by 'enemies on screen' or 'environment scale' but at first glance some games could be mistaken for Xbox 360/PS3 titles.

GDGF said:
That looks good! Suprised how close the new 3DS screen is to the PS3 one.

Sorry, It looks good, but it looks closer to the PS2 version than the PS3 at least to me.

Nice to see how much has improved, also it looks significantly better than the PSP version.I just wish RR 3D could see such an overhaul in graphics.

Serenade said:
3DS one looks really good.

27y4m6uwm5o.gif

i agree, looks so much better then the footage in the first montage of games.

is that baseball game Japan only? bummer if it is.

Amir0x

Banned
well got my reserve in to be safe, now just awaiting price announcement/game launch announcement. But at least I'm in there...#2 in the system in case the price announcement is good or Paper Mario 3DS is in the launch window.

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
well got my reserve in to be safe, now just awaiting price announcement/game launch announcement. But at least I'm in there...#2 in the system in case the price announcement is good or Paper Mario 3DS is in the launch window.

I think Gamestop confirmed it's going to be $999.99.

Amir0x

Banned
AniHawk said:
I think Gamestop confirmed it's going to be $999.99.

heh. if it's $300 I'll just cancel it until some games I want come out. If it's $300 and Paper Mario 3DS will be out within 3 months of launch, I'll keep it.

LiK

i wonder if Best Buy is gonna do the bait and switch and force people to buy useless accessories during launch day?

antonz

FoxHimself said:
Apparently, the red version of the 3DS won't be releasing in europe :S
The only launch colors even known are Japan and those are Cosmo Black and Aqua Blue. Red is just speculation

Ploid 3.0

Relaxed Muscle said:

At those ages eyesite can be changed. Play too much 3d and your eyes will probably be adjusted to it making your site a bit worse. After those years your brain will have past that learning stage and won't be easily corrupted.

The major difference between brain development in a child versus learning an adult is a matter of degree: the brain is far more impressionable (neuroscientists use the term plastic) in early life than in maturity. This plasticity has both a positive and a negative side. On the positive side, it means that young children's brains are more open to learning and enriching influences. On the negative side, it also means that young children's brains are more vulnerable to developmental problems should their environment prove especially impoverished or un-nurturing.

antonz said:
The only launch colors even known are Japan and those are Cosmo Black and Aqua Blue. Red is just speculation

We've been told the red one won't release here in Norway and that the two colors releasing are blue and black.

antonz

FoxHimself said:
We've been told the red one won't release here in Norway and that the two colors releasing are blue and black.
Ahh I think blue and black will be universal for launch for ease of production. Red and Purple will launch in the future. The fire orange is probably a never

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Relaxed Muscle said:
It's funny considering the real world is 3D.

brandonh83 said:
So is there a list of possible launch titles that we could reasonably expect within a month or so of release?
I believe Super Monkey Ball, DOA Dimensions, Samurai Warriors, Madden, and Gardens are all confirmed for launch day. I'm not aware of any other day 1 confirmations, though we should get a complete JP launch list next week.

Of course they cant be saying things like kids shouldnt play their new system, thats "itprintsmoney.gig" right there. Even though the vision developmental problems are long-term and they can cover their asses saying the 3DS was not a cause.

Poyunch

MindCollizion said:
Of course they cant be saying things like kids shouldnt play their new system, thats "itprintsmoney.gig" right there. Even though the vision developmental problems are long-term and they can cover their asses saying the 3DS was not a cause.
I hope you're not referring to that joke post.

beje

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Google web-cached of Spanish Gamestop having 3DS for April 7th at 249€
http://imgur.com/iW95j.jpg[IMG]

[URL="http://gamestop.es/core/common/default.aspx?quickSearch=3ds"]Its gone now[/URL][/QUOTE]

So, oficial stuff? Most likely...

Besides, that "7+" in the age ratings means it definitely comes with bundled software (even if it is some 3DSWare stuff). If it didn't, it would be "3+" (which could still mean it has PG software included) or wouldn't have age rating at all.

gkryhewy

Was supposed to be 'by march 31' - april 7 is in the ballpark (though the launch would miss the current fiscal year, IIRC)

Top Bottom