• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3rd PR Is The Charm: No Vita Version for Digimon Next Order (Again)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I can't understand how such a continued miscomunication is possible. Why.

Wereroku

I don't get why they wouldn't localize the Vita SKU, even DD only.

Maybe because they don't want to update it since the PS4 version is technically an enhanced port. Who knows though the flip flopping is awful. On a good note though it should be fairly easy to put the ps4 translation into the vita game just takes a modder to do the work.

Whoa, this is probably the worst PR miscommunication I have seen ever. It usually takes a 2nd PR just to get this kind of information out, especially if it's about the systems a game is being released on. It's mainly since it's just confusing to the reader about if it is or isn't. They still have Vita on the platforms on the website too, last time I checked.

Talha

Was looking forward to a vita release, wish Bandi would look at the sales of the Vita version and realize it's worth it! I would gladly buy a vita version. But now I'll just settle with the PS4 edition

Well it wouldn't be the first time.

CscSN0rVYAAlJk8.jpg:large

Damn, ice cold lol

timberger

Is there at least going to be an english language Asian release on Vita? Don't think I could stand playing something like this on a home console.

VLiberty

The initial announcement ensured I'd be passing on Next 0rder. This fuckup ensures I won't be buying any more Bamco games for a good long while.
That's what everyone should do.

It's not cool to troll the userbase. And it's already the second time for Namco

I'm done with them truly, this is my last straw. The level of incompetence displayed here is unbelievable.

I don't think I'm going to buy any games from them anymore.

Shizuka

I'll keep buying their Vita titles, I don't think we're at a point where not buying those games will send the message you guys want to send.

I'll keep buying their Vita titles, I don't think we're at a point where not buying those games will send the message you guys want to send.

Honestly? I don't even care at this point, the petitions, the begging we have to do to get them to release game in the West on Vita is just answered with contempt.

They don't value me as a customers so I don't see why I would value them especially when I can find games which interest me more through competing publishers.

I'm gonna keep buying Bamco's games on Vita. This hasn't soured me, because although it's shit and I'm pissed off, they've generally been great supporters of the console. Plus I don't want to play SAO Hollow Realization on a home console.

I won't be buying Digimon any time soon though. I'll pick it up, but I already have a huge backlog of JRPG's on Vita that I'm barely whittling away at, let alone my backlog on PS4.

CamHostage

Hey Bandai Namco, I'm noticing that the only press you're getting for this game is about your PR fuck-up, so howsabout you just reconfigure and apply that text translation patch for the Vita version you've already finished in Japan, put it out here digitally, and put this whole mess behind you with a win? Sounds like a better plan than leaving things as is

I don't think so. Play-Asia only have the Japanese and Chinese versions listed.

Bummer. I wonder if there's a problem with injecting English subtitle replacement? (Which I know sounds insane in this day and age, but there's still notoriety in Japanese game designers not building games with global localization in mind.) Or if the Asian market just knew that an English-language production was coming and didn't budget its typical quick-and-dirty version for the Vita launch, but then timing didn't work out or something's up that hasn't (and now won't?) see an English-language Vita version released on PSN Asia?

tbf it ran on unity and we all know how that is on the vita ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Vita version is already out in Japan, so I don't see how that matters?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77FbAPt-xcI

I'm done with them truly, this is my last straw. The level of incompetence displayed here is unbelievable.

I don't think I'm going to buy any games from them anymore.

...Okay, to be fair, this is a PR cock-up. A PR cock-up of unbelievable degrees, with multiple offices all screwing up all at once (and it doesn't help that BN EU's Social manager sent that smarmy tweet, which would be dumb whether or not they were trying to sell software for the platform... which they still are.) But a PR cock-up. PR people are golfers, they're party-throwers, they're middlemen. (No offense to PR reps out there, but... you know.) They don't make games, they don't even work with people who make games. Most don't care about games. Their job is just to facilitate the release of information and media for a product. Blame the bad PR, not the game makers and their games. This is one of those cases where, by all means, disregard the old saying: shoot the messenger.

Shizuka

Honestly? I don't even care at this point, the petitions, the begging we have to do to get them to release game in the West on Vita is just answered with contempt.

They don't value me as a customers so I don't see why I would value them especially when I can find games which interest me more through competing publishers.

That's the thing, if their games don't interest you, you shouldn't be buying them anyway. I hardly buy a game to support without having any kind of interest whatsoever, meaning I'll buy the games I'm interested in, even if it's coming from a publisher like Bandai Namco.

Talha

That's the thing, if their games don't interest you, you shouldn't be buying them anyway. I hardly buy a game to support without having any kind of interest whatsoever, meaning I'll buy the games I'm interested in, even if it's coming from a publisher like Bandai Namco.
I totally agree if you love the franchise support it, I bought Digiomon on PS4 and the Asian Release for Vita, maybe those were all counted towards the Asian specific regions, I have SAO Hollow Relization CE pre ordered hoping those figurines are on point.

It's not that they don't interest me, it's more that I can find something better elsewhere, I'm the kind of guy who buy most of the thing that might interest me.

Like I bought SAO: Hollow Fragment a few months ago because I like RPG and the first half of SAO was kind of ok so I got it but I still haven't installed it as of now. I may play it in the future but not having it wouldn't bother me that much either.

This is some bullshit.

Yeah WTF. Haven't the Vita versions of the past Vita / upscaled port to PS4 titles been doing better on Vita? On the twitter feed someone keeps showing the past digimon title with better Vita sales than PS4 and I imagine its the same for the SAO titles.

Seriously, WTF. A Vita version exists. You are porting it to PS4 and localizing that. Is the marginal cost to put the translation you need to produce for the PS4 version on the Vita version as well PLUS post it digitally to the PSN so high compared to the potential sales? I seriously doubt it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/5373ao/habusan_on_why_digimon_world_next_0rder_wont_be/

http://www.gamereactor.eu/grtv/?id=281343

According to this interview, and this is the only official reasoning we will ever get, the improved PS4 version would be too different from the Vita version and implementing all the new elements would be too difficult in the Vita version.

For example: the PS4 version comes with extra 30 story quests. These aren't just extra missions that you play after beating the main campaign. They are actually part of the main campaign so the whole story structure would've changed. The way the translator put it, it sounds to be that the PS4 version will be similar to how Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode changed and added some story elements to the main story that are not simply stuck to the end of the game. And all of these improvements also remained 3DS exclusive.

So the PS4 version is basically a next 0rder decode. Although it has to be said that the difference between Re:digitize and re:digitize decode was bigger because the UMD's had very limited storage capacity. Some of Decode's content was meant for the original release but was cut.

That's what I figured was the reason after hearing about the updates. Maybe they should have added another subtitle like Decode (and, you know, not bungled their PR so badly) so it was more like a "Re: Digitize goes from PSP to 3DS with enhancements" situation. (Though, so far, this doesn't look quite like the leap Decode was.)

It's a little too late now. The way they handled it burned people pretty hard.

Opa-Pa

I'd honestly rather get the original game without improvements and get it on Vita than this, but eh, what can you do. They could have handled this better tho.

I wonder if Japan is getting this version too. That'd make much more sense because it'd be a proper remastered version instead of an "unofficial port" like with Cyber Sleuth.

What boggles my mind is the fact they're are going into the trouble of enhancing the PS4 version yet sending it to die in a time a lot of other anticipated games are releasing. At the same time they're preventing a segment of their userbase who actually buy niche games from getting it.

True Fire

Here's the thing: Next Order is a really fucking ugly game. It's hideous. In order to release it on PS4 they had to add textures that don't look like Play Doh, and those textures are probably too high quality for Vita so they didn't bother optimizing the Vita version as well.

It all comes down to the fact that the game wasn't cell shaded like Cyber Sleuth, which is a huge design flaw that's probably haunting the localization team.

Top Bottom