• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

40-Year-Old Man Arrested For Threatening Square Enix With “A Repeat Of Kyoto Animation”

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

A 40-year-old man named Kenichi Hiratsuka was arrested for allegedly sending death threats to Square Enix, including a threat of a “Repeat of Kyoto Animation” referencing the tragic incident that took the lives of 35 people last month. [Thanks, FNN.]

According to the news report, Hiratsuka sent threats to the major Shinjuku, Tokyo-based game development company Square Enix through their official website, with threats stating “Give me back my money from your sh*t game,” “Do you want a repeat of Kyoto Animation?” and so forth on July 23, several days after the arson attack.

When questioned by the police following his arrest, the man said “I was pissed off at losing in a game, so I sent the mail.” No further details were shared by the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department.

This makes it the second major Square Enix death threat incident which led to an arrest this year, following an incident back in March when a 25-year-old man threatened staff after claiming to have spent more than 200,000 yen on gacha game and didn’t get the item he wanted.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
If it was because those f2p cancer games.
Fuck everyone responsible.
You don't have a job you are a fucking leach.
And you are on the same level in my eyes as a drug dealer selling to kids.
Think about your life be better.

Then again i dont think death threats are ok.
But man fuck mobile f2p sheit.
Really make it 18+ just fuck it all

So tired of this shit

Bullet Club

Banned
bgdYnKA.jpg

The Lootbox Killer

Dacon

Banned
JFC. What the fuck. Whatever is going on with all these mass murderers and people going crazy, it's pretty clear there's something wrong with these people at the core.

As frustrated as I've ever gotten with people, games or whatever, not a fucking once did I ever think hey time to go and murder a bunch of people!

Fuck me.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
You guys are no better than politicians for blaming crazy people for being crazy because of videogames.

To be fair, if 5$ can't get you any item you want in a game than you know it's an extortion game and you should have known before spending anything on it. Only dum dums spend so much and then send death threats over their own dum dumness though.

Funny how often the rarest or most expensive items are the most hideous looking ones.

Xenon

You guys are no better than politicians for blaming crazy people for being crazy because of videogames.

Considering games are using psychology to increase their addictive nature I'd say they need to take some of the blame here. This isn't so much replicating something that's done in the game as it is being pissed off by the direct psychological hooks game's use to make money.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Considering games are using psychology to increase their addictive nature I'd say they need to take some of the blame here. This isn't so much replicating something that's done in the game as it is being pissed off by the direct psychological hooks game's use to make money.
People play games and spend way more than this dude and you don't see them threatening to burn down a company full of people. You guys are no different than politicians shitting on games you aren't into or to use them as a scapegoat.

Vawn

Banned
To be fair, if 5$ can't get you any item you want in a game than you know it's an extortion game and you should have known before spending anything on it. Only dum dums spend so much and then send death threats over their own dum dumness though.

Funny how often the rarest or most expensive items are the most hideous looking ones.

I think you're missing the moral of the story.

Top Bottom