• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4K HDR gaming is a godsend!

A.Romero

OLED has burn in issues.

I'd get an OLED if I could.

I'm more concerned about brightness and input lag than image retention. Doesn't seem to be that bad from what I've read online.

Edit: On topic: I barely have a week with an HDR enabled TV (KS9500) and have tried:

- Nex Machina
- Resident Evil 7
- Battlefield 1

All of them on PC. While the HDR implementation in PC is shitty in general, I do notice a big difference.

So far I've played Nex Machina the most from those 3 and it looks amazing. Colours just pop.

I haven't had a chance to really play RE7, I'm almost done with the game but I'll play the last part with HDR. It has the best HDR config tools from the games I've tried so far.

BF1 implementation is OK. It was a pain in the ass to get it to work as it detects my PC Monitor as the Fullscreen device and not the TV so the HDR options are not always available. Haven't discovered what triggers it. My favourite part are explosions. They are blinding as an explosion should be.

Nizz

I must be doing something wrong because when I play games in hdr the colors look washed out. I own a TCL 49S403 and games like Uncharted 4 and Battlefield 1 look pale I guess is the word I would use.

JustCheeze

Neo Member
I must be doing something wrong because when I play games in hdr the colors look washed out. I own a TCL 49S403 and games like Uncharted 4 and Battlefield 1 look pale I guess is the word I would use.

Double check your settings.

99% of the time people complain about HDR being washed out is simply due to wrong settings.

Also understand that not all TVs do HDR equally. Some just can't do it properly despite advertising that they can. It's just the way it is.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
HDR is by far the biggest game changer since the HD bump for me. I'm 40 hours in ACO and still in complete awe of how good this game looks on my OLED. I haven't been even remotely as impressed by the general graphics bump from PS3 to PS4. 4k+HDR is the real generational leap folks.

Lower x-tended dynamic range. For my A1 it's recommended to have this setting on high but I found the colors to be a lot fuller and more beautiful when I lowered it to medium.

Top Bottom