• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$69.99 Cube At Target

Found this on Sony boards.

"Effective tomorrow (6/15), Target stores are offering a temporary price cut on Indigo Gamecube systems. Instead of the usual $99.99 price, they will be offering the systems for only $69.99. Deal is valid in-stores only and only on the Indigo units........."

WTF? Why only on Indigo? Isn't that color still selling pretty well? I know I proudly got an Indigo on launch day, while all the little middle school kiddies were getting black. Yech, boring...

Dujour

Banned
No, because only sissies get the indigo color. I've got a black one, but I think I'll have to be labelled a sissy for one day.

I figured I'd also mention this. It requires mail-in rebates, though, so I don't know who will be interested. It's at Coconuts, but it's possible that other stores owned by the same parent company (such as FYE) are doing this too. I'm not sure.

GBA SP is $69.99 after $30 mail in rebate.
Xbox is $119.99 after $30 mail in rebate.

Not as good as an instant one, but better than nothing.

cvxfreak

I should complete my GameCube collection and get this color. Then I'll have Indigo, Platinum and Black, plus a Panasonic Q...

NWO

Error Macro said:
WTF? Why only on Indigo? Isn't that color still selling pretty well? I know I proudly got an Indigo on launch day, while all the little middle school kiddies were getting black. Yech, boring...

Indigo is ALWAYS the worst selling of the 3 colors that they have. Platinum is the best seller, than black, and then far far back is indigo.

Platinum should have been ready and been made the official color at the launch of the Cube rather than the Indigo one. It hurt them so much because of it.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
FYE is also doing mail-in rebates for systems (GAMECUBE, GBAsp & X-BOX). I'm thinking that they're probably clearing old stock *cough*lostthierassesonit'cosnoonebuy'ssystemsfromplacesliketarget,blockbusterorfye*cough*. Indigo only...maybe Nintendo is eliminating it as the "main" color for the system?

Also at FYE in celebration for The Simpson's 4TH Season release the 1ST, 2ND & 3RD are ***only*** $15 each!!!

Can I borrow some monies?

Meier

Dude I buy half my video games at Target. It rocks. I agree that no one buys stuff from FYE though.. I'm tempted to get a second Xbox for modding with that MIR though..

Subitai

Yeah, I'm not sure what Nintendo's idea was with Indigo as a color. The only thing I can think of is it might have been to pull in more female gamers, but then why not just make a pink one?

cvxfreak

Gunsmoke said:
you forgot spice

PA.02215.001.jpg

Yeah, I remembered it in my post above this one. :D

cvxfreak

Gunsmoke said:
I remember there was an interview where they asked why the color purple was chosen.
I can't remember the exact reason, but it was some sort of newage relaxing spiritual feng shui reason. . .

. . . that failed.

O.O

Feng Shui. I should've known!

BuddyC

Agent Dormer said:
Spice rocks. Best Cube next to the MGS:TS one.

Found you. *tee hee*

Spice is nice, but I don't have the cash to import, plus my replacement scams wouldn't work.

How much would it cost for an import Spice 'Cube? I just may have to get one someday, and then use an American model to swap cases. Unless the JAP model can be modded to play USA games?

teiresias

Since this is a mail-in rebate thing are there rebate coupons or something at the counter or does it get printed out with your receipt or what? My brother went to the Target back home to look for me but says they was no signage or anything indicating this mail-in rebate.

cvxfreak

Error Macro said:
How much would it cost for an import Spice 'Cube? I just may have to get one someday, and then use an American model to swap cases. Unless the JAP model can be modded to play USA games?

They can. Just instruct the retailer to mod them and tell them to charge extra. That, or get a Freeloader.

Top Bottom