• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7 minutes of NEW Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time Gameplay Footage

Ploid 3.0 said:
New gameplay vid?

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/factory-gameplay-ratchet/56801
Factory gameplay part 1, part 2 is in the sidebar.
Yes, although the general excitement from GAF about R&C isn't as prevalent as for titles aimed at more mature audiences. Still, I would trade my share of bloody X game for some Ratchet & Clank any day!

1074293-groovitron_super.png

kle89

Neo Member
I'm surprised as to why this game's not receiving much attention considering its release a month or two away, it looks amazing!
i will continue to support this franchise, hoping this isn't the last R&C

Ploid 3.0 said:
New gameplay vid?

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/factory-gameplay-ratchet/56801
Factory gameplay part 1, part 2 is in the sidebar.
:D

Thanks for bringing that over here. That was some nice footage. Man, I just love grind railing, and the grind railing in this game looks fun. Also using the hover boots to fly everywhere, man I'm going to enjoy doing that so much. Plus, on top of that, it looks great graphically. Loving it. So glad I pre-ordered it.

Dizzan said:
Theres also an offscreen tgs vid up at ign. It shows off the speed boot things.

I cant wait for this game
Thanks for the heads up. I absolutely loved it when Ratchet went through the water and the water splashed up. I'm a sucker for water in games, and I liked that a lot, haha. It also seems like you can fly for quite a long time, which is nice.

IGN OffScreen Footage

Dizzan

MINI Member
Massa said:
The graphical difference between this and Tools of Destruction is amazing.

Indeed. I don't know if JS has answered or confirmed this, but there looks to be some cel shading in there. I would love to see a fully cel shaded 2D ratchet based on the Ratchet art. Would be so awesome.

Dizzan said:
Indeed. I don't know if JS has answered or confirmed this, but there looks to be some cel shading in there. I would love to see a fully cel shaded 2D ratchet based on the Ratchet art. Would be so awesome.

Actually just self shadowing, makes the whole game kinda pop.

Massa said:
The graphical difference between this and Tools of Destruction is amazing.
The first one still amazes me for being 60fps and this is even crazier. Great things come with CELL utilization, such as boosting the abilities of the GPU significantly and managing streaming data hardcore :D

noah111

Still Alive
Great new gameplay vids, especially part 2 (hover boot platforming was awesome).

While i'm still definitely going to buy this game (and I know it'll end up being great), it still simply looks and feels like another R&C title (albeit updated).

I just want more innovation in the series is all, but that's probably not possible with Insomiac's one game a year policy.. :\

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I FINALLY paid this off in full yesterday. Now I can be fully hyped! My son loves ToD and QfB but this one looks to have so much more to do. Excite!

The factory game play looks so good. This is gonna fill a big void this year.

LiquidMetal14

Xater said:
It's really hard to not watch any of this. I really want to be suprised by Ratchet. :lol
I don't think I'm watching anymore BUT this footage is from the screens we've seen. Cool character design and fun game play. Love the colorful look.

Too bad since I played Super Magnetic NiuNiu every other platform game seems useless to me. Way too easy. Beautiful but useless games.

FoxSpirit

Bill Rizer said:
Too bad since I played Super Magnetic NiuNiu every other platform game seems useless to me. Way too easy. Beautiful but useless games.

If you compare SMNN to RnC you don't know much about RnC :p

LiquidMetal14

JB1981 said:
new gameplay vids at gametrailers look great. looks like there is a ton of variety to the gameplay.
That's the key. There's just much more to do and the space exploration looks fun unlike the on rails segments of the last game.

AFreak

Banned
Should I watch these new movies or go on media blackout?

LiquidMetal14 said:
That's the key. There's just much more to do and the space exploration looks fun unlike the on rails segments of the last game.

Gamespot won't like tthat.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im replaying Tools of Destruction right now, and the game its still so damn fun and gorgeous

AFreak said:
Gamespot won't like tthat.
:lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So uh... apparently the retail demo kiosks have a demo for this game now... didn't get a chance to play it but it definitely was this game...

Somnia

Kagari said:
So uh... apparently the retail demo kiosks have a demo for this game now... didn't get a chance to play it but it definitely was this game...

It is in fact in the new kiosk update. I didn't play, but a couple minutes of it, but it was good from what I played.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So gamestops could have it? I'd love to play this game but I hate using the kiosks there cause you gotta fight all the little bastard kids whose parents left them there for it.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'll pass on the demo... it spoils the game. Just a few more weeks and I'll have this and Uncharted to keep my busy:D

LQX

Looks great but I hope the fix the damn save system. You could save anywhere but once you end the game it would start you back ant the start of the level regardless of where you saved which fucking sucked.

Top Bottom