• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8-4 Play 12/25/2015: Merikuri

Schrade

A Christmas present from the 8-4 Gods!

But dammit.. there's Star Wars spoilers :(

8-4 Play 12/25/2015: Merikuri
8-4.jp said:
8-4 Play 12/25/2015: MERIKURI

Celebrate Life Day with 8-4′s Unofficial Official Star Wars Holiday Special X (Cross), featuring Game of the Year chit-chat and Xmas Gaming memories, a heaping side of Force Awakens talk, and guest appearances by Brad Douglas, Nintendo patents, and Bea Arthur.

Running Time: 2:07:30

・ Direct Download (73MB)
・ Subscribe to 8-4 Play via iTunes
・ Subscribe to 8-4 Play via RSS Feed
・ Follow 8-4 Play on Twitter (twitter.com/84play)
・ Follow 8-4 on Facebook (facebook.com/hachinoyon)

Time – Topic Discussed:

8:57 – Monster Hunter X
15:00 – Xenoblade Chronicles X
17:12 – Destiny, Star Wars Battlefield
23:21 – Game of the Year
43:39 – Top Selling Games on Steam 2015
48:30 – Christmas video game memories
1:00:00 – 1:30:30 – ***STAR WARS SPOILERS***
1:30:45 – Kojima leaves Konami
1:43:05 – Nintendo Patent
1:46:40 – Mario Maker Update
1:48:30 – Miitomo
1:49:16 – Dream
1:52:10 – News: GameFAQs Game of the Forever, Tencent buys Riot, Noby Noby Boy, PSVR Black box
1:55:12 – Coleco Cameleon
1:57:10 – Oculus Price
1:59:10 – Battlefield 4 Easter Egg
2:00:25 – Closing Comments

And now…a list of music used in our previous episode!

8-4 Play 12/11/2015: PS(CROSS)
Intro: Monster Hunter X – Dinovaldo Theme
Ending: Rez OST – Rock Is Sponge

As always, you can leave comments for us at the “Leave a Comment” link below or via Twitter at @84play. And if you’re new to the show, you can subscribe to 8-4 Play on iTunes right here. Subscribe today!

Thanks for listening, and like us on Facebook!

By 8-4 on 25 December 2015.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
nice. I know they're probably burnt out on Xenoblade, but it really would be nice to hear them take an entire-podcast-length deep-dive into Xenoblade. I have very mixed opinions on it, but I still played it for 40 hours, so...

shira

About 30 Minworth this I'll skip then :)
Thanks for the heads up.

Holy Fucking shit. Mark goes off
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Tarantino tier
rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif

OMFG John claiming the ewoks ate all the stormtroopers in ROTJ
bts_watermelon.gif
bts_watermelon.gif
bts_watermelon.gif

ike_

I don't know how you guys always manage to find the funniest damn intro and outro songs.

Great show chaps, see you next year!

Holy Fucking shit. Mark goes off
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Tarantino tier
rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif

OMFG John claiming the ewoks ate all the stormtroopers in ROTJ
bts_watermelon.gif
bts_watermelon.gif
bts_watermelon.gif

Vinny made that joke on the Beastcast a week or two ago.

But really, spoilers for TFA? I haven't seen it yet so I'll hold off on listening to this.

Merry Christmas 8-4!

urfe

Enjoyed it, but to me what JJ said about Undertale is a spoiler. To me all a spoiler is is something I don't want to hear beforehand. I understand that everyone is different in what is a spoiler in this regard, but that most definitely was one for me.

Someone had already spoiled that in Undertale for me, and despite that I spontaneously was playing like that, I am playing differently in spite of that.

That's what I get for playing GOTY-level games I guess.

Enjoyed the Star Wars talk. I basically ignore any Internet talk on Star Wars, so it was fun hearing people have opinions on something I saw.

Also, I took Christmas and Christmas Eve off. There's only a few Westerners in my company, and it seems like it has always been the thing for the Westerners to do that. Nice precedent.

killroy87

Enjoyed it, but to me what JJ said about Undertale is a spoiler. To me all a spoiler is is something I don't want to hear beforehand. I understand that everyone is different in what is a spoiler in this regard, but that most definitely was one for me.

Someone had already spoiled that in Undertale for me, and despite that I spontaneously was playing like that, I am playing differently in spite of that.

That's what I get for playing GOTY-level games I guess.

Enjoyed the Star Wars talk. I basically ignore any Internet talk on Star Wars, so it was fun hearing people have opinions on something I saw.

Also, I took Christmas and Christmas Eve off. There's only a few Westerners in my company, and it seems like it has always been the thing for the Westerners to do that. Nice precedent.

That's the most fluid, unpredictable definition of a spoiler possible.

Jimrpg

Was it Collinn that jumped in with that Star Wars spoiler before John finished talking... come on buddy.

Also are nicknames back? (I don't mind, they are fun!)

John - like JJ said, don't expect too much from the Witcher 3 combat... there's not much depth to it after the initial 3 to 4 hours, but the story (at least the first half of it) is very engaging.

zroid

Banned
Star Wars was great and all but I don't think I need to hear about it for 30 minutes :p

Bless 8-4 and their timestamps

So annoying to listen to them not knowing Besiege or Tokobot, and subsequently dismissing it.

Also that Star Wars spoiler came so soon after the warning I could not even pause in time, so I got spoiled massively. Fuck.

Jimrpg

Does somebody have a link to the Japanese Star Wars theme music at the end? It's pretty cool. Thx in advance!

Jimrpg

So annoying to listen to them not knowing Besiege or Tokobot, and subsequently dismissing it.

Also that Star Wars spoiler came so soon after the warning I could not even pause in time, so I got spoiled massively. Fuck.

Me too! They should have edited that out. Needs to be a pause before going to spoiler territory.

Luckily I don't care for Star Wars that much, but I'm still going to see it.

Dylan

Yeah this. What the fuck, guy. It was literally just a few hours after I had finished watching through all 6 movies.

I was taking a leak while the podcast was playing through my computer speakers when they started warning about spoilers. I was like "Oh shit...well, I can probably finish my peeFUCK."

What a jerk.

john tv

Wow, honestly super sorry some of you guys got spoiled - we put a huge disclaimer in the show notes and also gave a pretty big warning leading up to it, but yeah, I suppose we didn't really account for passive listeners not paying attention to that stuff. Not sure if there's anything we can do at this point because podcast editing people are away for the holidays but will at least look into it.

Dylan

Wow, honestly super sorry some of you guys got spoiled - we put a huge disclaimer in the show notes and also gave a pretty big warning leading up to it, but yeah, I suppose we didn't really account for passive listeners not paying attention to that stuff. Not sure if there's anything we can do at this point because podcast editing people are away for the holidays but will at least look into it.

I downloaded from giantbomb, so all I saw was:

Celebrate Life Day with 8-4′s Unofficial Official Star Wars Holiday Special X (Cross), featuring Game of the Year chit-chat and Xmas Gaming memories, a heaping side of Force Awakens talk, and guest appearances by Brad Douglas, Nintendo patents, and Bea Arthur.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm more surprised that there's a Yokai Watch 2ds bundle here. Not that the game is included, but that Nintendo is sitll actively pushing the device with new software.

AllenShrz

I agree with Mark about everything SW related. Fuck all of that.

A movie that had to blow us away, stayed content to just run a check list for the fan boys. If it didn't had the SW name attached to it, it would not get the free pass as is doing it right now.

JimPanzer

listened to this on my ride back from my family to where I live. loved every minute of it! still hoping to see an episode with a big MHX segment and gaijin hunter in it.

Why does everyone say DanganRonpa so fucking weirdly.

Patrick Klipklop said it weird during GB days, and the 8-4 guys say it differently.

the opening theme itself pronounces it like "dang in Ron puh" but everyone puts an accent on it

Dude.

A huge spoiler got blurted out 20 seconds after the warning.. 20 seconds!

I just checked the podcast description and it does not have a spoiler warning. (Tapping the cover art on IOS)

And whoever said it knew he was trolling.

Fuck.

Brew124

Fantastic episode! I'll echo what others have said in that the Star Wars segment was amazing to listen to. Just sad for those that did get spoiled, as that huge spoiler was literally yelled out as the warning was coming to a close. I knew it was going to affect people as soon as I heard it.

Curufinwe

How did you guys cope with localizing XCX when it has no audio slider option to turn down the music?

Even FFVII had that option.

FluxWaveZ

Why does everyone say DanganRonpa so fucking weirdly.

Patrick Klipklop said it weird during GB days, and the 8-4 guys say it differently.

the opening theme itself pronounces it like "dang in Ron puh" but everyone puts an accent on it

Huh? Even that is the incorrect way to pronounce it. It's "DAN-GAN-RON-PA."

Only listened to the Kojima talk but if someone got spoiled then that sucks.

Just spoil the next Star Wars for these guys to make it even.

Top Bottom