• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8-4 Play 4/28/2017: GACHAHOLICS ANONYMOUS

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
meh, it's a boring game. If you want anything longer than a minute I recommend buying the games on dedicated hardware. The maps are to small to be anything else than time wasters and you know the beauty of the 3DS is that you can fit it anywhere and just pull it out and play some in between if it's a time waster you're looking for.
Heroes isn't a replacement for the main games on consoles - should be obvious. It's a good, polished mobile game and the updates keep coming. Can't really go wrong with it.

vareon

Heroes isn't a replacement for the main games on consoles - should be obvious. It's a good, polished mobile game and the updates keep coming. Can't really go wrong with it.

Yeah, it's a long way to go before reaching the likes of Granblue or F/GO but FEH did what it wants to do, and the updates are still huge. I think some people are just not familiar with these type of mobile games and expect an actual Fire Emblem on mobile.

Oxx

I haven't spent any money in Heroes yet.

Getting a bunch of terrible 3-star heroes bums me out enough when the orbs are free.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Me listening to the Persona 5 talk:

white-guy-blinking-meme-gif.gif

It's a Persona game what did they really expect? The game is not without flaws but that was weird.

Faustek

It's a mediocre mobile game in a sea of crap. Don't pretend it's anything else.

Just one thing, it can be worth more to you if you really like FE but that's on you.

dawgparty

The fact that it's dull and grindy as shit is where I "went wrong with it". The core gameplay/gameplay loop is so boring and lifeless that I can't imagine that anyone would defend it at all if it wasn't FE.

It's always amusing to me when video game podcasters get befuddled by fighting game terminology like Mark was pointing out here with mix-ups and joking about OTG and ODB.

A couple months back Vinnie was losing his shit on the Beastcast reading some of the SF5 Season 2 changes and seeing the term hurtbox.

wrowa

2 of the people shitting on the game haven't played it.

Also with Grizelda in particular it kinda seems like negativity for negativity's sake. Why the shit would you spend 160 hours playing games you don't like? Just to be able to say you really didn't like it?

Finally listened to the episode, and come on. The segment you described as 20 minutes long wasn't even 5 minutes long - and they actually acknowledged that they are too negative on the game, which is why they delayed further talk about the game until Roy's back.

When I heard "secret best SNES RPG I was ready to cringe, and then when Lufia 2 was said, I was almost ready to cry a tear of joy.

I cried a tear of sadness. Terranigma got robbed!

I've been on a looong hiatus from listening to these guys but I just recently got back into them. I've listened to all of their 2017 talks so far and now I'm going back through 2016 lol love this gang!

Top Bottom