• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8-4 Play 9/15/2017: DATE WITH DESTINY, TOO

hBuvwnc.png

8-4 Play 9/15/2017: DATE WITH DESTINY, TOO
Destiny 2, Project Octopath Traveler, Knack 2, Metroid: Samus Returns, Nintendo Direct, a bunch of random news, and more!

Running Time: 1:29:29
・ Direct Download (51.3MB)
・ Subscribe to 8-4 Play via iTunes
・ Subscribe to 8-4 Play via RSS Feed
・ Follow 8-4 Play on Twitter (twitter.com/84play)
・ Follow 8-4 on Facebook (facebook.com/hachinoyon)

Time – Topic Discussed:
14:50 – Destiny 2
46:45 – Project Octopath Traveler
59:52 – Knack 2
1:03:56 – Metroid: Samus Returns
1:08:12 – Nintendo Direct
1:16:07 – News: New Switch online app, Sky, Okami HD, Nes Classic reissue, Bruce Strayley leaves Naughty Dog
1:21:20 – Closing Comments

Bleep

Damn, disappointing the podcast is less than an hour this week. Not sure what that white noise was between 14:50 and 46:45.

Hasney

Yo, Acquire aren't the dudes that made old school wrestling games. Think you're thinking of AKI AKA Syn Sophia who now make the Style Savvy games.

Looking forward to some JP games news breaking today

I thought we were gonna have a podcast last week. What happened to the 3 weeks in a row promise?

Ibuki

Banned
Looking forward to some JP games news breaking today

I thought we were gonna have a podcast last week. What happened to the 3 weeks in a row promise?

I was under the impression that starts now?

This one, then TGS, and then the regular podcast.

john tv

Yo, Acquire aren't the dudes that made old school wrestling games. Think you're thinking of AKI AKA Syn Sophia who now make the Style Savvy games.
No, I was actually thinking of Anchor. (I know who AKI was, but I meant the other old-school wrestling game maker whose name began with an "A" haha.) Sorry for the mixup!

urfe

Cheers to Graeme for casually dropping a 7th Saga reference. So smooth no one even blinked.

For the record: made it 3 minutes through Destiny talk.

hamchan

I wasn't listening to this podcast when Destiny 1 came out so I hope you guys spend a long time talking about Destiny 2 because I'm interested.

Razlo

I cringed, and had bad flashbacks when the Destiny crew stopped by. Never been so happy for the seek function on my podcast player.

oti

Banned
The Destiny talk was OK. I just hope we can all move on now. Every single podcast on earth has already said everything there is to say about Destiny 2 now.

Thoraxes

I didn't mind the Destiny talk, but it's all useless to me right now because i'm getting the PC version, and well, yeah...

Hasney

No, I was actually thinking of Anchor. (I know who AKI was, but I meant the other old-school wrestling game maker whose name began with an "A" haha.) Sorry for the mixup!

Oh! At least someone has those, uh, "fine" XBox WWE Raw games in the back of their mind!

UFC for Dreamcast was alright at least.

I don't mind the Destiny 2 talk, but for every 5 minutes of Destiny discussion, Graeme gets 10 minutes to discuss Japanese fast food. Give the people the content they want! *insert many clapping hands emoji*

Started listening to the podcast while riding my motorcycle home from work...and all I got was destiny talk. Super disappointing, especially because I couldn't skip it because I was riding. :/

Looking forward to the TGS talk this year more than ever, mainly because I won't be going to TGS for the first time in 11 years. :/

Add the destiny talk to the end of podcast and let the other people talk.

Thank you John and JJ for sticking around during the Destiny talk and serving as the sane moderators. When the conversation started and the hanged men started rambling off light levels and numbers I remembered why I quit Destiny 1 and asked my friends to leave me out of their e-mail threads as they tried to pull me back in. It literally sounds like a different, incredibly boring dialect of English for which I just don't have time or interest. But John and JJ asked questions that made sense so I was willing to listen and engage. I still have no desire to play the game but this was a much better conversation for the typical 8-4 listener than the last invasion given the moderation.

Mista Koo

I didn't plan it this way.. but I realized I paused the podcast after the Destiny section, entered a game store, bought Destiny 2, then continued the podcast!

I haven't played the original nor is it my kinda game in anyway, but most of my friends and my Twitter timeline are playing it and I got curious.

I didn't plan it this way.. but I realized I paused the podcast after the Destiny section, entered a game store, bought Destiny 2, then continued the podcast!

I haven't played the original nor is it my kinda game in anyway, but most of my friends and my Twitter timeline are playing it and I got curious.

maybe there was some subliminal marketing afoot

Top Bottom