• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

80GB Metal Gear PS3 bundle allocation UPDATE

soldat7

The MGS4 Bundle (with BC) was very successful. It's a shame that Sony isn't simply pulling MGS4 out and replacing it with something like LBP, then Killzone 2, etc. It's a shame that they can't at least keep PS2 BC limping along in this manner.

Strider2K99 said:
It's still possible, but very unlikely to find MGS4 bundles at this point in time. Your friend would have to be lucky to find an unsold one in stores.

As for ebay, I guess it's an alternative as long as it's a trusted seller, but be ready to pay quite the price as it's a much sought after item.

I just bought a PS3 from eBay with the 30% off deal and I had to choose between the 80 and 40 and the 80's aren't that much more actually. You have the guys that are charging an arm and a leg though for the 60 gig.

And I just bought a non-BC 80GB after giving up hope of finding a MGS4 pack at a reasonable price.

Why is the BC gone, anyway? Isn't it all software-based in the last few SKUs? How much work does it take to adapt it to the new, small, faster processors in the new systems?

lupinko

Machado said:
sorry to bumo this thread again but I really want to know that information

If you didn't get it then, you are probably not going to get it now. If you still want the MGS4 bundle you gotta do your own detective work.

subrock

I'll pile onto the bump of this thread because the people that might know are probably in here. Whats the word/likelihood of a LBP bundle coming to NA, specifically canada, for the holidays? I want to pick up a PS3 but dont want to get burned by a price slash/ holiday bundle right after I buy one.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
subrock said:
I'll pile onto the bump of this thread because the people that might know are probably in here. Whats the word/likelihood of a LBP bundle coming to NA, specifically canada, for the holidays? I want to pick up a PS3 but dont want to get burned by a price slash/ holiday bundle right after I buy one.

Supposedly one might be in the works. Don't know how true it is though.

kuYuri

I think it might be a bit too late to announce a US LBP bundle, they already have the Uncharted one coming out. We'll see I suppose.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Strider2K99 said:
I think it might be a bit late too announce a US LBP bundle, they already have the Uncharted one coming out. We'll see I suppose.

The rumor I heard was a 80GB w/ LBP and some extra stuff, probably downloadables for $399. Again, don't know if it's true or not.

Top Bottom