• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

80s style synth-pop/electro synth/cyberpunk music

Anyone listened to this one from the Telefuture label, it's just the right mix of horror synth themes, industrial, Italo disco and just plain groovy tunes:

https://telefuturenow.bandcamp.com/album/talismans

This is a great album, highly recommended, no filler at all. I enjoyed every single track.

EDIT: Also have my Carpenter Brut tickets ready for seeing live in January. Well hyped for it. Trilogy is probably still my favourite synthwave album of all time. Just a masterclass all around.

Anyone listened to this one from the Telefuture label, it's just the right mix of horror synth themes, industrial, Italo disco and just plain groovy tunes:

https://telefuturenow.bandcamp.com/album/talismans

This is a great album, highly recommended, no filler at all. I enjoyed every single track.

EDIT: Also have my Carpenter Brut tickets ready for seeing live in January. Well hyped for it. Trilogy is probably still my favourite synthwave album of all time. Just a masterclass all around.

Cant wait to see them again, if they come by. ALso FYI there will be a moshpit and if you wear glasses ( like me) take them off and put them in a eye glass case.

Carpenter Brut North America tour 2017.
I'll be at the Portland show, maybe Seattle too.

VN3TRNG.jpg

XvSP

Neo Member
Any chance of Trilogy getting repressed? Or heck, even still be available to buy at his upcoming January gigs?

They only sell things like tshirts & patches at the show unfortunately, at least here in Germany. For all the others who were lucky enough to grab a copy of the vinyl: Don't be afraid to talk to "Mr. Brut" after the show and ask him to sign it.

Full Tour dates for Perturbator
06/01 - SEATTLE - Highline Bar w/ Gost
07/01 - LOS ANGELES - UNION w/Gost
08/01 - SAN FRANCISCO - DNA Lounge w/Gost
11/01 - CHICAGO - Reggies
12/01 - NEW YORK - (le) poisson rouge
13/01 - MONTREAL - Théâtre Fairmount w/Das mörtal
14/01 - BOSTON - ONCE Somerville

I will hopefully be at the Boston show.

RaidenZR

Has there been any news of a Stranger Things Vol 1 & 2 box now that the individual release are out? I thought they initially said that that was going to be a thing.

AoM

This album didn't get that much attention when it released back in June, so posting for those who haven't yet listened to it. The last track is probably my favorite synthwave song.

Corpsepyre

Banned
This album didn't get that much attention when it released back in June, so posting for those who haven't yet listened to it. The last track is probably my favorite synthwave song.

This is pretty fucking good! Beacon and the title track are definitely my favourites. Sounds like a slightly faster Dynatron. Check this one out, folks.

Went straight for the last track based on your post and you weren't lying. Amazing.

Merrymint

Thanks for the rec this whole album was dope. Gonna get this soon. The last song though an experience I quite enjoyed.

I don't even know if there are still tickets but I used to go to Magfest every year and this year they will have Makeup and Vanity Set doing something. Which bums me out that I won't be able to go, but you all should if you like them enough.

So if you're in the D.C. Area or can get there, check it out. Magfest.org. January 5-7.

(I haven't gone in years because marriage and kid lol. And no, nobody is paying me to advertise this. Just saw someone talking about M&VS and thought I'd pass along the information.)

I don't even know if there are still tickets but I used to go to Magfest every year and this year they will have Makeup and Vanity Set doing something. Which bums me out that I won't be able to go, but you all should if you like them enough.

So if you're in the D.C. Area or can get there, check it out. Magfest.org. January 5-7.

(I haven't gone in years because marriage and kid lol. And no, nobody is paying me to advertise this. Just saw someone talking about M&VS and thought I'd pass along the information.)

I wish I could go but tickets are so damn expensive. I remember them being $50-60 when I went in 2014. They're $80 right now.

This is one of those records that I'm really annoyed that I sat on before deciding.

AoM

Well, it is just one persons opinion :D

Not putting either in his personal top 10, I understand. But not putting either in his honorable mentions, I do not. And it's the first release since 2014 for both of them as well.

But I guess this a glimpse at how he feels about such artists: "...especially in the increasingly crowded (and derivative) dystopian, “darkwave” subgenre."

Top Bottom