• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

80s style synth-pop/electro synth/cyberpunk music

New Meteor album, Inner Demon, to come out April 24th. Can't wait!!

8po1urt5sqpy.jpg

Teaser

Can't wait to get this.

kaiju

Sad no replies on that new September 87 track I posted!

Getting around to listening to this now, enjoying it. When I see the darksynth/darkwave/darkwhatever label I tend to hesitate, but can't ignore when lots of people comment.

You're missing out then, the best stuff is in the darksynth genre.

Perturbator, GosT, Dynatron, Tommy '86, Meteor, Occams Laser and so many more all sport the darksynth label.

ShaneB

You're missing out then, the best stuff is in the darksynth genre.

Perturbator, GosT, Dynatron, Tommy '86, Meteor, Occams Laser and so many more all sport the darksynth label.

Different tastes, what I like myself is what I'd call the "best"... :)

Never really could get into Perturbator, Gost, etc etc. I like Dynatron at times, and Meteor is great. I don't like getting into "genre/labels" talk since it means different stuff to everyone, same as I have said in the Metal thread countless times. There's plenty of variety for people to like a lot of different styles.

I mostly talk about brand new albums in this thread, but I think it's worth mentioning that synthwave artist Kristine has finally released her music on Bandcamp recently: https://kristineofficial.bandcamp.com/album/kristine

Check it out if you like upbeat tunes with sultry vocals. My favourite tracks from her self-titled debut album are Modern Love, The Danger, Summer Long Gone, The Rhythm Of Love and The Deepest Blue.

really good album, bought it on Itunes when it came out

Spwn

Going to see Carpenter Brut and Perturbator live today. The last Perturbator show I saw half a year ago was amazing so I hope this one will be as well. Not expecting the same atmosphere due to change of venue, though.

I mostly talk about brand new albums in this thread, but I think it's worth mentioning that synthwave artist Kristine has finally released her music on Bandcamp recently: https://kristineofficial.bandcamp.com/album/kristine

Check it out if you like upbeat tunes with sultry vocals. My favourite tracks from her self-titled debut album are Modern Love, The Danger, Summer Long Gone, The Rhythm Of Love and The Deepest Blue.

I'll second this.

Kristine is amazing. Could pass for a real 80s movie OST.

Spwn

Carpenter Brut + Perturbator show impressions! Have really mixed feelings. While I'm a pretty meaty big guy with a past soaked in metal culture, I go to electronic music shows to dance. And last time I went to see Perturbator (and co.) in November, the audience was dancing like crazy. This time during Perturbator I felt that dancing was almost discouraged and everyone around me was just... standing and watching and looking very unenthusiastic.

Brut on the other hand was fantastic with people bouncing and having a good time. Maniac got the whole audience to sing along.

So as I said in my earlier post, the audience was a bit different from the Flashback Future event Noisepurge organizes. I saw lots of Burzum t-shirts and patches, and the opening acts were also some metal bands I've never heard of. Not surprised Brut attracts metal fans.

Everyone is free to enjoy shows the way that suits them, but I wasn't expecting so many to just be standing still and that really killed the atmosphere for me. The Perturbator show had less lights and was overall less cool than last time even disregarding the audience. The venue was ok and mixing was done well - everything sounded crystal clear.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Carpenter Brut + Perturbator show impressions! Have really mixed feelings. While I'm a pretty meaty big guy with a past soaked in metal culture, I go to electronic music shows to dance. And last time I went to see Perturbator (and co.) in November, the audience was dancing like crazy. This time during Perturbator I felt that dancing was almost discouraged and everyone around me was just... standing and watching and looking very unenthusiastic.

Brut on the other hand was fantastic with people bouncing and having a good time. Maniac got the whole audience to sing along.

So as I said in my earlier post, the audience was a bit different from the Flashback Future event Noisepurge organizes. I saw lots of Burzum t-shirts and patches, and the opening acts were also some metal bands I've never heard of. Not surprised Brut attracts metal fans.

Everyone is free to enjoy shows the way that suits them, but I wasn't expecting so many to just be standing still and that really killed the atmosphere for me. The Perturbator show had less lights and was overall less cool than last time even disregarding the audience. The venue was ok and mixing was done well - everything sounded crystal clear.

Having Buzum shirts there, I'm not surprised people stood and just watched. :p

Yeah, that line up is pretty spectacular on both the synth and chip sides of things.

That price seems really high for the event. However, I'm sure it wasn't cheap to get multiple west coast acts for a show in New Jersey.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
New jersy people are really lucky.

Not gonna lie, it's really tempting to go just for Magic Sword and Street Fever. Wish I had known about this during the early bird pricing though.

Ok I might go to this. Has anyone been to this venue before? Main thing holding me back is the ticket price being so high.

Why is it impossible to find that MAVS track "Sacrifice" now? Did he delete it from the world????
He sacrificed it from his Soundcloud.

Top Bottom