• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

9 years in...how much DLC have you actually bought?

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Shit, I can't even begin to write down everything since like 2008 or so. I'd easily assume in total over £300 though. I have bought several Tales costumes at full price and they don't come cheap... I think the only Season Pass I ever bought was Gears of War 3 way back when.

Season Pass Gears of War 3
Season Pass Gears of War Judgment
Season Pass Bioshock Infinite
All DLC for Modern Warfare 2
Minerva's Den for Bioshock 2
Undead Nightmare for Red Dead Redemption
Lost in Nightmares for Resident Evil 5

That's it I guess

Proud to say, zero up until now. At least, no DLC that you have to actually pay for on top of a boxed product.

I have plenty of pre-order DLC, I don't mind as long as theres no additional cost to me... I also buy expansions and the like as long as its sold as a physical release (ex. Dragon Age: Awakening) or a double dip re-release of a game I already own (ex. Diablo 3 UEE for PS4).

I bought The Last of Us: Remastered and inFamous: First Light? If those count, then those. If not, then nothing... wow.

I guess I would have bought those COD4 map packs if I wasnt playing that game on my roommate's Xbox 360 at the time.

Fair amount

All fallout 3 and NV expansions.
All GTA4 expansions
A couple RDR addons though not all
Two of the skyrim expansions
All of the Trials HD and Evo addons, one of the fusion addons
Some MW2 levels probably

Probably more but I can't really get remember every game

Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare
Mirrors Edge Pure Time Trials
Mass Effect 2 story packs
GTA4 Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost & the Damned
Driveclub Season Pass

I will sometimes pick up editions where everything is included such as Fallout 3, LA Noire, Mass Effect.

Multiplayer DLC and skins don't do anything for me so I have no desire to ever purchase any of them.

Fractal

Banned
Yeah right?

From the top of my head:
A lot of Guitar Hero songs
Mario Kart 8 DLC 1&2
Ace Attorney Dual Destinies case
Smash Bros stages and characters
Driveclub Season Pass
Trials Fusion season pass + awesome level max
Trials Evolution DLC
RDR Undead Nightmare
New Super Luigi U
Alan Wake
Burnout Paradise
LA Noire
Mirrors Edge
+ 562 DLCs on steam (but by far the biggest chunk there probably from complete collections/indie bundles/sales)

Upcoming I'll buy are Binding Of Isaac Afterbrith and the Bloodborne DLC
Haha... it's not that. Look through the page again, we posted the same thing! :p

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I don't even want to begin to think with Rock Band DLC... it's probably near the thousands with RB DLC and other DLC of other games.

Haven't bought much DLC. I guess most of my DLC dollars have went towards Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS. Not too bad, really.

Ladekabel

Excluding Complete Editions I have bought:

- The Da Vinci Disappearance for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
- The Mario Kart 8 Season Pass
- All the story DLC for Mass Effect 2 when they were on a sale

Otherwise none. I'm usually not interested in revisiting games I already finished even if I like them. I might replay them but I don't have the urge to buy more for them.

Who

Banned
I bought Fable 2 DLC and I think a map pack for Gears 2...

And that's it. I haven't even bought the Smash DLC yet

HDJDjY8.jpg

This is your DLC library on Rock Band.

Any questions?

SeriousApes

Not counting GotY/Complete Editions...

RDR - Undead Nightmare

Alan Wake - American Nightmare (though this might've been a bundle sale, IDR)
Deus Ex Human Revolution - Missing Link
Dishonored - Knife of Dunwall, Brigmore Witches, Dunwall City Trials
DmC - Vergil's Downfall, Costume Pack, Weapon Bundle (Capcom pub sale)

I think that's it. I usually get complete editions.
Next might be Hearts of Stone, if I ever get back into the Witcher 3.

Teletraan1

Banned
I usually only get it for free with GOTY editions or things of that nature. I have never sought out any sort of paid DLC unless it was an actual expansion.

AttamisZero

Neo Member
DmC Vergils down fall is all I could think of, and I only bought that because I lost the damn receipt with my code printed on it.

This should be easy. Not counting "complete editions" that had all the DLC included:

- Burnout Paradise: Movie cars pack
- Castle Crashers: The King DLC
- Scott Pilgrim Vs The World: Chau Knives DLC
- The Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb DLC
- Destiny: Season Pass

Castle Crashers and Scott Pilgrim were mostly money I had left on the xbox account after buying a points card for two games. The binding of Isaac is the only time I've blindly bought a DLC without questioning it, and Destiny... I really don't want to talk about that one. Blame it on my addiction issues.

Well, DLC would include full games as well, but I assume the TC means expansion DLC. In which case...... the ghostbusters car in Burnout Paradise just out of sheer novelty. I've managed to otherwise beat games without buying season passes/horse armour/different costumes/different weapons etc etc etc etc

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Proud Day One Horse Armor owner.

I have bought a TON of DLC. Mostly SP expansions, with a few multiplayer map backs sprinkled in.

More if you count games bundled with DLC, or Steam sales.

E-phonk

Banned
Mario kart 8, hearthstone, the last of us: left behind, heroes of the storm

Don't regret anything, maybe heroes of the storm because I stopped playing it, as it was too time consuming.

Paasei

The DLC for Fallout 3 and NV. Have both of them in goty edition,I guess that counts.

Dishonored DLC as a present.

Damigos

I have many GOTY editions which include DLC but i wont count those.
I have actually BOUGHT :

All Burnout Paradise DLC
All Driveclub DLC
All Dark Souls 1/2 DLC
All Mass Effect DLC
All Fallout DLC
All Skyrim DLC
Some Final Fantasy ones
A credit pack from Gran Turismo 6
Cosmetic staff in World of Warcraft

and maybe some more that i cannot recall

myco666

All Dark Souls DLC for both 1 and 2, DXHR Missing Link, Evil Within Season Pass and everything for MGR. Don't remember buying anything else. I will buy Bloodborne DLC day one so that can be added to the list. So not that much actually. Thought that I would have bought way more.

I bought Battlefield Premium for BF3. A whole extra $50 on a game, fuck me.

Besides that, I didn't buy much. Most DLC I get is usually free, gotta love some free content. If there's paid content I'm interested, I usually buy Gold/Complete Editions that comes with everything at once, so if that counts I had the RE5 Gold Edition extras and some Borderlands 2 campaigns.

How some people in here are saying none or one or two things is insane to me. You guys are missing out on so much stuff.

Every map pack for Halo 3, Reach, COD:MW, WAW, MW2, Black Ops, MW3, Battlefield Bad Company 1 + 2, Gears of War 1, Gears of War 2, Gears of War 3

Season passes for Batman: Arkham City, Halo 4, TitanFall

Things here and there for Guitar Hero 3, Battlefield 3, NHL 12, NHL 13, NHL 14, Fallout 3, Lego Batman 2, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, as well as others I'm forgetting

Hundreds of dollars in all, and I only regret buying a small handful of things listed.

blakep267

-Dragonborn and dawnguard for Skyrim.

-The first 2 map packs for titanfall

And I would've bought the sunset overdrive dlc if I still had the game. I don't really care much for DLC

Chris1

Few black ops 1 map packs
One ghosts map pack (friend pressured me into getting it, I think I played them once.. terrible game)
Red dead DLC
Titanfall season pass (was on sale for dirt cheap, figured why not breathe some fresh air into the game)
Witcher 3 season pass

I've probably spent around $60 in total. Not a whole lot really, in hindsight I wish I didn't buy the CoD map packs but I've learned my lesson since then.

Manu

Quite a bit.

Dark Souls
Artorias of the Abyss

Mortal Kombat (2011)
Classic Costume Pack
Warrior Skarlet
Warrior Kenshi
Warrior Rain
Warrior Freddy Krueger

Mortal Kombat X (This one looks worse than it actually is since most of this content was bundled together)
Mortal Kombat X Goro
Mortal Kombat X Jason Voorhees
Mortal Kombat X Tanya
Mortal Kombat X Predator
Mortal Kombat X Tremor
Mortal Kombat X Samurai Pack
Mortal Kombat X Horror Pack
Mortal Kombat X Klassic Pack
Mortal Kombat X Kold War Pack
Mortal Kombat X Predator/Prey Pack
Mortal Kombat X Klassic Pack 2
Mortal Kombat X Blue Steel Sub-Zero
Mortal Kombat X Kold War Scorpion

Resident Evil 5
Desperate Escape
Lost In Nightmares

Resident Evil 6
Additional Stage: High Seas Fortress
Additional Stage: Rail Yard
Additional Stage: The Catacombs
Siege Game Mode
Predator Game Mode
Onslaught Game Mode
Survivors Game Mode

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game
Knives Chau Add-On Pack

Anteater

I think I spent like 50 cents on some sleeping dogs DLC, but I bought the wrong one thinking it was a story DLC

Other than that I don't think I've bought anything else.

Oh I bought the bioshock infinite season pass for 5 bucks, I haven't even finished the main game lol

Bought walking dead 400 Days too with the game, it was a dollar

Usually I wait for a "complete" edition. But I've purchased all of the mass effect dlc. Also bought a bunch of the fire emblem awakening maps. I can't think of anything else though

LakeEarth

Not including Guitar Hero and Rockband DLC, probably $30-40 dollars worth.

Including Guitar Hero and Rockband DLC, fourteen trillion billion dollars worth.

Karu

Ehm... the Mark of an Assassins-one for Dragon Age II. That's it. (DLC on the disc in special editions etc. not counted)

When a game is done, it's done. (Most of the time. Will buy TW3 and Bloodborne DLC when it's coming this fall.)

How some people in here are saying none or one or two things is insane to me. You guys are missing out on so much stuff.

And for me, I'm perfectly fine with that. It's the same idea as knowing I won't play every good/great game out there, it's just making myself content with what the base package is. And in some cases, a bit of patience will net the GOTY version complete with all DLC, especially great for single player games.

Kill3r7

Probably about a thousand dollars worth of DLC.

Here's just a small sample off the top my head, not counting the GOTY editions.

Fallout 3/ New Vegas DLC
Borderland DLC
Borderlands 2 Season Pass
Mass Effect 1-3 (DLC/Season Pass)
FM4 car pass
Gears of War series DLC/Season Pass
Halo series (DLC/Season Pass)
Guitar Hero DLC
Rockbank DLC
COD most DLC
Burnout Paradise DLC
Driveclub Season Pass
Titanfall Season Pass
Destiny Season Pass + TTK
RDR - DLC
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Batman: Arkham City
Skyrim
Assassin's Creed II

and many, many more...

Roland1979

I only buy DLC that has major new content; almost never any costumes or single items or anything like that. I know people like to hate on DLC, and while a lot of it is cheap garbage and stuff cut from the main game, there's certainly some good DLC out there too.

Petty much this.

LeleSocho

Banned
Only one with the promise of never buying them anymore from that time on.
It was the Gene&Meme pack for MGO and it was utterly useless as no one had it.

Bluenoser

Not much.

- Map pack for COD Modern Warfare
- Map pack for COD MW2
- Artorias of the Abyss - Dark Souls
- Crown of the Sunken King - Dark Souls 2
- Witcher 3 +season pass (bought all together for a good price)
- Re-purchased Dragon Age Origins Ultimate edition for the DLCs. Was cheaper than buying the DLC's separate.

Think that's it.

Top Bottom