• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

90's Crash ads are back for Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

Banzai

I don't think you have to worry about it. This is its current Amazon rank

Amazon US: 25
Canada: 6
UK: 1
Germany: 1
Italy: 1
France: 3
Spain: 3

It's currently sold out in the US, which is why it's at 25. They've actually been sold out of it multiple times on the lead up to launch.

This is the first time I've ever been happy about a game selling well. Here's hoping this leads to new sequels and, more importantly, a CTR remake.

PantsuJo

I don't think you have to worry about it. This is its current Amazon rank

Amazon US: 25
Canada: 6
UK: 1
Germany: 1
Italy: 1
France: 3
Spain: 3

It's currently sold out in the US, which is why it's at 25. They've actually been sold out of it multiple times on the lead up to launch.
I can confirm for Italy. It's selling a lot, Amazon and GameStop preorders

UberTag

Just about everything with this remaster release has been handled impeccably.
Who knew Activision had this in them?
Hopefully consumers reward them accordingly.
Will make a nice end of month combo with Baby Driver.

Just about everything with this remaster release has been handled impeccably.
Who knew Activision had this in them?
Hopefully consumers reward them accordingly.
Will make a nice end of month combo with Baby Driver.

Preorders are looking hot: Amazon keeps selling through their allotted preorder shipments and having to order more and the game stays in the top 10 in the US and top 5 in most other areas (almost universally #2 on PS4), GameStop switched the keychain bonus from a preorder bonus to a 'first come first serve' bonus seemingly because they simply can't guarantee them anymore, PS Store ratings are pretty up there, it's looking good. Fingers crossed.

_Rob_

They sure understand who their audience are. If they ever do this with Spyro, I hope they bring back the sheep ad's!
9z7aSx6.jpg

Platy

Expected some Kurash Bandikooooti but this is awesome too.

Now they should go to Microsoft headquarters instead of Nintendo or something

Dehnus

Man, I hope they have him go to Nintendo again.

Right, as that was so tasteful the first time and not at all cringeworthy.

Difference is:
Mario 64! Classic with great gameplay even to this day and loads of exploration and hidden gems.
Crash Bandicoot! Nostalgia glasses with dated gameplay (Just look at the gameplay shown to us until now).

Winner? Mario 64.

_Rob_

Difference is:
Mario 64! Classic with great gameplay even to this day and loads of exploration and hidden gems.
Crash Bandicoot! Nostalgia glasses with dated gameplay (Just look at the gameplay shown to us until now).

Winner? Mario 64.

giphy.gif

Funny stuff.
Hope they plaster these everywhere for maximum exposure.

Difference is:

Winner? Mario 64.

Bah gawd the salt.
The Nintendo thing was just some old friendly banter man.

Wow that's pretty good marketing..lol preordered
I'm buying it to support such a well done remake, (like Sotc) and also to get CTR. Though I'm not sure how that would work because Sony still owns CTR, but yeah, we gotta get a Mario-like Kart game on PS somehow, might as well use the new Crash

PantsuJo

Difference is:

Winner? Mario 64.
Are you 12 years old?

shmoglish

Difference is:

Winner? Mario 64.
You are trying it to hard. M64 plays terrible.

;)

Difference is:

Winner? Mario 64.

Wow the salt

Banzai

The usual argument. Say anything good about Crash and it's "nostalgia glasses", but everything about Mario64 is the undisputed best.

I grew up with a Playstation and Crash made me get into platformers. Since then I've played and liked a lot of platformers and got a Wii U to play Galaxy and 3D World. Both are great.
I honestly never liked Mario 64. Big, largely empty worlds with too little platforming. I didn't want to explore. I wanted to jump over things. To even compare it to Crash seems silly to me because of how different they are.

muteki

Difference is:

Winner? Mario 64.

3e3.jpg

zelas

New Nintendo commercial please!

Idea I had for "remastered" commercial after watching these.

Crash: Hey plumber boy, mustache man, your worst nightmare is back.
Pack up your stuff! I've got a little surprise for you here.
Check it out! What do you think of that!
Original trilogy, fully remastered, lush organic environments,
And don't forget, in full FUR-K!
How's that make you feel buddy? Feel like "Switch"ing up your formula?!

Security Guard: I'm gonna have to ask you to leave.

Crash: My elbow still hurts, ya know.
Nothing like this please.

Difference is:

Winner? Mario 64.

Who cares ? Most people will probably agree Mario 64 was a better game but that didn't stop the Crash Trilogy from being a great traditional platformers and this Remake is looking fantastic.

I loved the old ads, The Salon one got me good.

Living in Vancouver, every (hipster) barber shop in Gastown is exactly like the dudes in the ad. Perfect depiction!

Such great ads, need more...

Difference is:

Winner? Mario 64.

But... you're in this thread.

Top Bottom