• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

9to5Google: "Samsung cancelling Galaxy Fold orders later this month unless customers say otherwise"

CyberPanda

Banned
Samsung is cancelling Galaxy Fold orders unless customers confirm that they still wish to proceed despite the screen failures seen in review units.

The company has emailed customers who ordered the device, acknowledging the issues experienced by reviewers, and stating that it will automatically cancel orders unless purchasers confirm that they still wish to go ahead …

For those who do still want to chance it, Samsung says (via TizenHelp) that it can’t say when Galaxy Fold orders will ship.

"We are making progress in enhancing the Galaxy Fold to make sure it measures up to the high standards we know you expect from us. This means that we cannot confirm the anticipated ship date yet."

iconmaster

Banned
Wow. I didn't expect it to go that badly. I figured they'd at least figure out a way to ship something that'd last a little longer than the review models.

Really seems to be a proof-of-concept that should never have been offered to the public.

llien

I wish they'd go with less ambitious design, with superthin bezel on one side, instead of glass bending, which literally shouts "I'm gonna break".

Announcing product that has major problems was, perhaps, caused by Huawei's competition.
How are Huawei's preorders going, by the way?

xrnzaaas

It's funny (and sad at the same time) how they were ready to ship the phones and would do it if the reviewers didn't speak up. People would be paying over a thousand dollars and still become beta testers for faulty devices.

Last edited:
Top Bottom