• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Compilation of Hilarious Animations in Mass Effect Andromeda

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

How does this even happen?

holy moly

i-Lo

Mass Effect |OT| Moot Effect

"real fans"

You can really taste the insecurity.

Bioware has been on a downhill for a while now, and this might just be the lowest point yet. There's no way this game should be looking this bad at this point. This isn't a DA2 rushed development situation either.

Oh wow, the MP and shootbang seems to be the best thing about it... that's nice. Yeah, that's really the main thing "real fans" fell in love with about Bioware games so many years ago.

This. The progression pertaining to combat was most welcome and satisfying from 1 through 3. However, that wasn't the first reason I fell in love with the franchise.

Strimei

whats the context of this scene? what makes it look even worse to me is that the MC has zero reaction to someone drawing a pistol in front of her face

They came under attack (or about to) and that little scout bot shows up behind Ryder and Peebee (hate that name...) draws to shoot it. Something along those lines.

Nasbin

:( I'm bummed for everyone on the team. There's no way anyone wanted to ship it like this.

Yeaaahh... I feel kind of bad about this. It really felt like this game had some irrational hate to overcome pre-release, so it's kind of crushing to see the final product turn out this way. I could really go for a good Star Trek game right about now.

J_Viper

Another fine example where just darkening the irises makes a huge difference:

CLgNZux.jpg

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that it took you less than five years to make this lol

Seriously though, what the fuck were they doing over there?

THEY HAD FIVE YEARS

Well, I don't need to play this game for a bit. Excited for it but looks like it needs help.

Does bioware usually have a steady stream of patches? I'd like to keep up on them.

RedAssedApe

Banned
They came under attack (or about to) and that little scout bot shows up behind Ryder and Peebee (hate that name...) draws to shoot it. Something along those lines.

ah i was thinking it was like this is the first time they meet and you don't know if peepee is friend of foe and she draws her gun and saves you. then mounts you like in that other gif ;)

Lime

Well, I don't need to play this game for a bit. Excited for it but looks like it needs help.

Does bioware usually have a steady stream of patches? I'd like to keep up on them.

You might as well expect a new game. They're not going to fix all the thousands of shitty animations

Manveer Heir is the game designer on ME:A and he is a well known and open racist posting pictures of himself drinking out of a cup with the writing "white tears" among other things.

The other guy seems to be getting all the blame for the ending in ME3

While browsing Manveer's twitter I came across this little gem he posted December 26, 2015:

d663ad484a15be4ecb3b6ccaf2bce0936afac43d.jpg

I guess he used that as the inspiration for facial modeling in the game ending up with the toot toot faces.

But seriously with all the cries of racism and SJW bs that people have said has been plaguing the studio for some time now doesn't explain this shitstorm.

It's obvious the people that made ME:A just gave no fucks. They completely ignored established Lore, didn't bother writing a good story, terrible character designs including lackluster bad guys that even though are to be found in a different galaxy don't seem like fresh or different enemies than what we have seen previously.

All theses screenshots just prove how little anyone at EA/Bioware cared and none of them bothered to make an actual effort.

I was hoping for something great from ME:A.. but son I am disappoint.
Your argument for Manveer being a racist is stupid as fuck. GG people tried to make it into a "controversy" and failed. Don't bring that shit here.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

To be honest, no Bioware game before this one has 'REALLY' needed them (outside of ME3's face import from ME2 saves being borked and not replicating the ME2 face at all) that I can recall.

So we're treading new ground, at least to some degree.

But while maybe stuff like the eyes/facial animation during conversations gets fixed, I wouldn't place any bets on getting a whole lot otherwise from an animation perspective.

I feel like I'm getting stockholm syndrome with default sara ryder. Seeing so many shitty gifs I've gone from being freaked out to slowly falling in love every time I see another.

b682c5c3acbf754af3bc642656a0739f.gif

Silent Hill 3's character faces look better than anything in any mass effect.
Some black magic for 2003.

Silent Hill 3 and Final Fantasy XII at the MVPs of the era, a combo of good models and nuanced character animation mean they still easily hold up today. SH2's in-game models were a bit more unnerving, but the animation and detail that went into the Silent Hill 2 FMVs... hnnnngggg... I was looking for a gif of the I'm not your Mary line, but this'll do -

(Of course, there's also the weird moment with James dragging his hand down his face, but we'll ignore that, ha.)

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Their faces are just tired. Please understand.

See, in some of those pics, default Sara looks absolutely great no question. But in the same collage, even while some of them are admittedly 'gotcha' shots, the face just goes from 'it's fine' to 'uhh.....wut'.

HeelPower

the animation and detail that went into the Silent Hill 2 FMVs... hnnnngggg... I was looking for a gif of the I'm not your Mary line, but this'll do -

The SH2 FMVs are peerless and ageless artistically.

And yet Konami fucked up the remasters so hard.It wasn't safe from fuckery after all.

The SH2 FMVs are peerless and ageless artistically.

And yet Konami fucked up the remasters so hard.It wasn't safe from fuckery after all.

All the detail that went into animating Maria in particular is still so goddamn good. I remember watching the SH2 behind the scenes DVD back in the day, and being in awe of one of the lead devs talking about animating the 'I'm not your Mary' scene.

SH4 also had some great animated character moments, too, but I can't remember if it was as good as SH3. I think Eileen and Cynthia were well done, at least.

Me @ the Silent Hill remasters:

crying-man.gif

Will the pain you inflict upon us never end, Konami.

See, in some of those pics, default Sara looks absolutely great no question. But in the same collage, even while some of them are admittedly 'gotcha' shots, the face just goes from 'it's fine' to 'uhh.....wut'.
Yeah, and I blame animations for that. The face models honestly aren't that bad (at least for default Ryder) but a lot of animations just make them look really weird.

Gator86

Manveer Heir is the game designer on ME:A and he is a well known and open racist posting pictures of himself drinking out of a cup with the writing "white tears" among other things.

The other guy seems to be getting all the blame for the ending in ME3

While browsing Manveer's twitter I came across this little gem he posted December 26, 2015:

d663ad484a15be4ecb3b6ccaf2bce0936afac43d.jpg

I guess he used that as the inspiration for facial modeling in the game ending up with the toot toot faces.

But seriously with all the cries of racism and SJW bs that people have said has been plaguing the studio for some time now doesn't explain this shitstorm.

It's obvious the people that made ME:A just gave no fucks. They completely ignored established Lore, didn't bother writing a good story, terrible character designs including lackluster bad guys that even though are to be found in a different galaxy don't seem like fresh or different enemies than what we have seen previously.

All theses screenshots just prove how little anyone at EA/Bioware cared and none of them bothered to make an actual effort.

I was hoping for something great from ME:A.. but son I am disappoint.

Does having a white tears mug make him racist?
White%2BFragility%2BLove%2BLife%2BOf%2BAn%2BAsian%2BGuy%2BPhoto.jpg

Slaythe

All the detail that went into animating Maria in particular is still so goddamn good. I remember watching the SH2 behind the scenes DVD back in the day, and being in awe of one of the lead devs talking about animating the 'I'm not your Mary' scene.

SH4 also had some great animated character moments, too, but I can't remember if it was as good as SH3. I think Eileen and Cynthia were well done, at least.

Me @ the Silent Hill remasters:

crying-man.gif

Will the pain you inflict upon us never end, Konami.

There's a PC version for both "remasters" that looks far better, so I don't get your reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom