• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Compilation of Hilarious Animations in Mass Effect Andromeda

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just gonna leave this here.

7212_md.png

#fireMacWalters

This is going to bite them in the ass really, REALLY hard.
This is arguably even worse than the "your choices will matter in ME3, there will not be an ending A/B/C of which you pick one!" statement back before the ME3 release, this is outright lying to feed the hype and generate pre-orders..

After ME3 the last thing Bioware needs is a massive loss in credibility.

OléGunner;232247513 said:
Lmao! Promote this poster to full member status please.
Signed

This is going to bite them in the ass really, REALLY hard.
This is arguably even worse than the "your choices will matter in ME3, there will not be an ending A/B/C of which you pick one!" statement back before the ME3 release, this however is outright lying to feed the hype and generate pre-orders..

After ME3 and Inquisitions the last thing Bioware needs is a massive loss in credibility.

giphy.gif

eot

Banned
Why not start it? Someones head needs to roll for ruining one of my top beloved franchises.

Complaining about a game is one thing.

Trying to get people fired because they made a game you didn't like is another.

One of them doesn't have a place here.

goishen

I don't really care about the animations, that stuff will be fixed in time. What I care about is the story and how much it sticks to science.

From what I've seen, which is quite a bit, it's like a twelve year old wrote some fan fiction about this and they decided to put it into the game.

I don't really care about the animations, that stuff will be fixed in time. What I care about is the story and how much it sticks to science.

From what I've seen, which is quite a bit, it's like a twelve year old wrote some fan fiction about this and they decided to put it into the game.

Don't hold your breath.

Krathoon

Gold Member
It is amazing how the bugs give off that uncanny valley effect.

Man, it would be freaky if something like this happened in real life.

To have been a fly in the wall when they decided this was their go-live product. Oof, that mustve been something else.

They have been looking at this game for the past 4 years. You overestimate how much they wouldn't be able to see past its flaws.

They likely felt good about it all

That said, this is all forum hyperbole at its finest.

As funny as these memes are, this is a massive blow to my hype for this game. I'll wait on reviews and maybe just hold off until they iron out the kinks.

sh1fty

Hmm. Maybe we just want to speak with our wallets? If companies aren't held accountable for their mistakes and shortcomings, they'll just keep pushing the boundaries of what they can get away with in a shorter amount of time or with less resources. They are businesses after all.

I don't disagree there's probably enough in ME:A to be considered a good game. I'm a dad with limited gaming time and budget though so well within my right to pass on games I consider to have quality issues and still consider myself a 'gamer'.

ExVicis

He got caught trying to cope a shoulder feel.

They have been looking at this game for the past 4 years. You overestimate how much they wouldn't be able to see past its flaws.

They likely felt good about it all

That said, this is all forum hyperbole at its finest.
Honestly I'm not sure if it is. I only came to post in these threads after I saw GB play the game and saw how bad it looked.

Thank god I'm not a gamer then. What bullshit - just because people are on a wait and see because of all the roughness in the game's presentation *and* waiting for the game to be more polished after patches (e.g. character creation) isn't grounds for ridicule and bullying like this guy is doing.

This was my reaction to the clip. Some people don't want to excuse issues with presentation. Some of us aren't writing the game off and just taking a cautious approach to the game to see what reviews/let's play show and if these issues are fixed. If I don't willfully ignore issues being raised and purchase a game day one makes me not a gamer, I am okay without the label.

Watching this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-msmx9yW5Q&feature=youtu.be&t=1m46s

Man...With context the scenes are even worse.

"Let's hope they had better luck..."
Then she looks at the people next to her like they just admitted to being Trump supporters.

Also, the music in this video sounds familiar, but I can't place it.
For some reason I feel a tinge of anger when I hear it, like it's from a part of a game that I really hated.

EDIT: Nevermind. It's Gravity Rush 1

They start with this. Next interview they'll say "this one is for the fans".

That's all they can really go with at the moment. It's too late for them to pull the old "you have to buy this game or you might not see any more Mass Effect again, you wouldn't want that right? Right?!"

Fedele

I'm a huge fan of the series and BioWare's work but for the 1st time I'm concerned with these weirdass animations breaking with the immersion.

This can sound like drama but, looking back, I believe this would have affected crucial moments like KOTOR's big revelation, for example - imagine if Revan or Malak pulled weird facial animations or started walking like they wanted to take a shit at the very climax. Just kills it.

Gastone

Jesus..it's funny and tragic at the same time. Well done BW, you fucked it up. I have never cancelled a pre-order before, but i just did with this.
What a train wreck. I can't see those animations and facial expressions being fixed. They're rotten to the core

LNBL

Actually still enjoyed the game during the ea access trial, didn't really notice any of these bad animations that much. Can't wait for Tuesday to come and to get back in.

Tecnniqe

Banned
As someone with great respect for Coh and watch him a lot this is some Stockholm syndrome BS right here.

Characters vanishing during cutscenes, animations and sync being so off that it drags out out of any conversation or interaction it's totally ruining the factor of a narrative driven game who's up to this point have had great focus on these aspects. Nothing about this game yell polish, focus or attention to detail.

It's like they threw together a fan fic story made by a 12 year old, bad animations who more often than not bugs out and characters suddenly spawning, falling through the floor or otherwise doing things they shouldn't.

I've never seen so many glaring "rushed out the gate" issues in 10 hours before, and that's just the SP alone.

God damn it Coh, don't you die on this hill.

Slaythe

I bought Witcher 3 GOTY edition with my refund of preorder for ME:A.

Hopefully won't regret it. (i had ps4 version a long time ago but didn't get far)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom