• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A hundred days of Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nokterian

Long but good read gives a insight why he is unfit as president but also what is happening right now with those decisions.

Trump appears to strut through the world forever studying his own image. He thinks out loud, and is incapable of reflection. He is unserious, unfocussed, and, at times, it seems, unhinged. Journalists are invited to the Oval Office to ask about infrastructure; he turns the subject to how Bill O’Reilly, late of Fox News, is a “good person,” blameless, like him, in matters of sexual harassment. A reporter asks about the missile attack on Syria; he feeds her a self-satisfied description of how he informed his Chinese guests at Mar-a-Lago of the strike over “the most beautiful piece of chocolate cake that you’ve ever seen.”

This Presidency is so dispiriting that, at the first glimmer of relative ordinariness, Trump is graded on a curve. When he restrains himself from trolling Kim Jong-un about the failure of a North Korean missile test, he is credited with the strategic self-possession of a Dean Acheson. The urge to normalize Trump’s adolescent outbursts, his flagrant incompetence and dishonesty—to wish it all away, if only for a news cycle or two—is connected to the fear of what fresh hell might come next. Every day brings another outrage or embarrassment: the dressing down of the Australian Prime Minister or a shoutout for the “amazing job” that Frederick Douglass is doing. One day nato is “obsolete”; the next it is “no longer obsolete.” The Chinese are “grand champions” of currency manipulation; then they are not. When Julian Assange is benefitting Trump’s campaign, it’s “I love WikiLeaks!”; now, with the Presidency won, the Justice Department is preparing criminal charges against him. News of Trump’s casual reversals of policy comes with such alarming regularity that the impulse to locate a patch of firm ground is understandable. It’s soothing. But it’s untenable.

More at the link

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/05/01/a-hundred-days-of-trump?mbid=social_twitter

Impeach me if old

giphy.gif

dramatis

I imagine we'll be seeing a flood of "First 100 days" articles/editorials/features over the next two weeks, because Trump's 100th day mark is due on Saturday 4/29.

By the way, if Congress doesn't pass a budget thing by 4/28, the government is going to shutdown and I guess 'furlough' will come into vogue again.

JordanN

Banned
Literally a 100 days of pure terror.

I wish the Trump joke finally came to an end and the U.S holds a new election sooner to replace him with someone more qualified and not a Russian spy. But nope, he's guaranteed a spot in the white house till 2021.

A new decade is approaching and it's going to begin with his stupid orange face. Democracy doesn't work.

I imagine we'll be seeing a flood of "First 100 days" articles/editorials/features over the next two weeks, because Trump's 100th day mark is due on Saturday 4/29.

By the way, if Congress doesn't pass a budget thing by 4/28, the government is going to shutdown and I guess 'furlough' will come into vogue again.

What a great way to cap off the worst presidency in modern times. If it weren't for all the lives that would suffer, I'd hope it happens.

cackhyena

If only the 100 days thing mattered. We have him for another four years if, at the end of this cycle, the economy is in good shape. *sigh*

rjinaz

If only we could have known what he was like before we elected him president. You know him giving many speeches or there being allegations that he was a piece of shit. It's a shame. a damn shame.

RPGCrazied

He hasn't done one thing. Everything failed. No wall, no repeal of Obamacare, no ban. The supreme court pick only went through because they broke the rules and shoved him through. But keep playing golf and wasting tax payer dollars Don!

Just has been nothing but a disaster.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
1,000 years 100 days of darkness.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
To be fair, president Rubio or Jeb would have accomplished nothing in the first 100 days too. Trump just bragged and lied his way to a win so his ass needs to be lit up.

To be fair, president Rubio or Jeb would have accomplished nothing in the first 100 days too. Trump just bragged and lied his way to a win so his ass needs to be lit up.

Trump is even worse. He managed to make things worse in only 100 days. That's an accomplishment of awfulness.

It's to the point where anything that he says, you're just waiting for him to turn around and follow it up by saying something opposite.

He has no actual values or worldviews, outside of whatever pertains to him, his name, his brand, and his family. The rest is just a means to.... Whatever end he envisions, if at all.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
If only we could have known what he was like before we elected him president. You know him giving many speeches or there being allegations that he was a piece of shit. It's a shame. a damn shame.

A Trump voter I know literally said that he's not being the kind of President he said he would be.

I wanted to scream.

Lev

I can't see how Trump can make it through 8 years in the Oval Office without weekend vacations to the Mar-a-Lago. He doesn't seem to be the kind of person with "high energy".

Also sadly, Trump supporters think that Trump has done a lot of things during his first 100 days. Obviously they are not considering what he has done in terms of legislation, which is jack diddly squat.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Trump is even worse. He managed to make things worse in only 100 days. That's an accomplishment of awfulness.
It didn't take him long to become an establishment Republican. I wonder what people who fell for the outsider bit think about him now. Anyway, yeah I think the US has lost four years. Trump has been an extremely divisive figure so far. It's like he doesn't understand the responsibilities of being a president.

gamz

It didn't take him long to become an establishment Republican. I wonder what people who fell for the outsider bit think about him now. Anyway, yeah I think the US has lost four years. Trump has been an extremely divisive figure so far. It's like he doesn't understand the responsibilities of being a president.

Because he doesn't. What a disaster.

I think both actually understand the President's job and power. They both would better wield the office and not constantly fuck up like Trump (Rubio is lazy so I don't think he would be effective). Things like properly staffing the departments and have clear goals in policy would make the job a lot more smooth.

He hasn't done one thing. Everything failed. No wall, no repeal of Obamacare, no ban. The supreme court pick only went through because they broke the rules and shoved him through. But keep playing golf and wasting tax payer dollars Don!

No no no...his base says he already done more than Obama. Only thing he's done more than OB is complain, divide the country and golf.

They don't want to admit that he's a liar and a failure. He's accomplished jack shit.

Nokterian

Too stupid to be President. Most of America couldn't see it because they are dumber than he is.

Manipulating the poor and dumb that is correct, we see it in france how Le Pen is doing the exact same thing. It is a shame how easy those people are convinced by someone as be it Trump or even Erogan.

Was listening to NPR interviewing people in a normally blue county who voted for Trump, and they were giving him grades like a B+ or B-, saying how great it is that he took care of Syria and still having faith that those blue collared jobs are coming back and healthcare is gonna change back to what it was decades ago where everything was covered.

Man, reality is gonna be a bitch to those people. Kind of wonder what the fallout is gonna be.

They are going to vote for him again in 2020 arent they?

I can't see how Trump can make it through 8 years in the Oval Office without weekend vacations to the Mar-a-Lago. He doesn't seem to be the kind of person with "high energy".

Also sadly, Trump supporters think that Trump has done a lot of things during his first 100 days. Obviously they are not considering what he has done in terms of legislation, which is jack diddly squat.

They did give him high praise for his 'efforts'.

Kinyou

They just attribute the positive numbers of the economy thanks to Obama to Trump ignoring context. There's that chart floating around where Fox already did that in a segment.
Yep, utter idiocy

BwFcS6d.jpg

And their viewers happily lap up that dogshit.

That seems like the most positive thing Trump has done so far.

A Trump voter I know literally said that he's not being the kind of President he said he would be.

I wanted to scream.
You should have. These people are idiots. My father in-law works for the USDA and he is uncertain of his jobs future. More than likely, Trump an his team are going to terminate his facility and many others. He said "I didn't know he was going to do this. He's suppose to help us not hurt us". But he's going to vote for him again, because you know...liberal tears and all.

I have no sympathy for him. He can lose his job and I could care less.

When it happens, I'm going to ask him - how do those liberal tears taste now?

RangerX

Banned
Even as an Irishman looking in I still can't believe that Trump is president. I just can't wrap my head around the fact this actually happened and is still happening. It's been every bit as disastrous as one would expect and I don't even live there.

I wanted to scream.

ItC5vsR.png

On one hand, so far the Trump presidency has pretty much been the shitshow I expected. On the other hand, he's been completely ineffective at getting any meaningful legislation passed and seems to be going back and forth between wanting another attempt at getting the ACA repealed and tax cuts for the rich reform. He's basically playing on tilt right now and can't quit and move on before getting that "win".

Ogodei

Hopefully he pisses off the neo-fascists enough that they go back to hiding under their bridges for the rest of their lives.

Can't wait to see if this fucker can match the amount of money he wants to defund from the arts with his golf trips. So pissed right now.

Kerensky

Banned
Hopefully he pisses off the neo-fascists enough that they go back to hiding under their bridges for the rest of their lives.

Actually some of his more vocal proponents are still confident in him and consider the terms of his 100 day program fulfilled.

bqoUz.png

I understand the want for smaller government and for certain issues, whether fiscal or social, to fall back on individual responsibility rather than politicians and or government, but I fear Trump's win has cost us more than what his voters will get in return. His first 100 days have have made that clear to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom