• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A piece of my tooth just fell out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2DMention

Banned
Pix (sorry for blurriness)

e143td.jpg

20hzyb.jpg

I_D

Holy shit.

That's a lot more than just a "piece," dude!

Hit up a dentist asap. They may be able to cement the tooth back on.
Until then, keep it in milk.

Ask the dentist to take a look at your other teeth. You're likely grinding them, or your enamel is damaged or something.

Maybe it's just the blurriness of the picture, but I'm wondering what the fuck is going on with the rest of your teeth. Are you grinding them down into round nubs for fashion?

2DMention

Banned
No it's the blurry pic. I don't grind THAT much.

I don't think you guys read the old posts, but I got a root canal earlier this year, and they put in a new crown on it. The crown they put in has fallen off twice now. The first time was two weeks ago. The cement hasn't held properly.

What a time for this to happen. I think the crown they put on wasn't properly fitted right or something.

Trojan X

Banned
There is a very high possibility that you had a tooth decay underneath the tooth itself. The result would probably be the following:

1) A crown.

2) A big filling.

3) A filling and having the broken tooth fixed back on (providing you saved the broken part)

Anyhow, what's the result from your dentist? I'm curious to see what cause and the results are.

** just read your old post...

So, it was a broken crown? If the crown broken off twice then that means the following:

1) The upper tooth is pushing the crown too much.

2) The crown's cement wasn't strong enough (I really doubt that one)

What's the safest answer? Go to a different dentist.

CancerTeeth

Neo Member
This thread freaks me the fuck out- I have a light fear of losing my teeth. Whenever I run I think about how I'm going to fall on my teeth and I slowwww down. D:

Trojan X

Banned
CancerTeeth said:
This thread freaks me the fuck out- I have a light fear of losing my teeth. Whenever I run I think about how I'm going to fall on my teeth and I slowwww down. D:

... Even if you fall do you think you would be so out of control that you won't save your face when you hit the ground? Did you use to do lots of face-plants when you were younger? It's surprising to have such a fear but everyone's different.

Anyhow, tell your story...

pjberri

Crotchety Old Man
2DMention said:
No it's the blurry pic. I don't grind THAT much.

I don't think you guys read the old posts, but I got a root canal earlier this year, and they put in a new crown on it. The crown they put in has fallen off twice now. The first time was two weeks ago. The cement hasn't held properly.

What a time for this to happen. I think the crown they put on wasn't properly fitted right or something.
Sorry, dude, but there's a good chance that the tooth is dead if it's falling to pieces after a root canal. I had the same thing happen after my root canal, and had the tooth pulled just last week.

deadbeef

CancerTeeth said:

CancerTeeth

But are you not entertained??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom