• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Song of Ice and Fire -- **Unmarked Spoilers For All Books including ADWD**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frodo

Arya >>>>>>>>>>>>>> your filthy characters

Also, I don't really see a good reason not to have a new thread, even if it moves slowly.

Paganmoon

Go for it, we really need one.

You're crazy. There's 30 posts left and people are actually talking in here.

most of the posts as of late have been regarding creating a new OT or not. come on. The board does not break if we go over 400 pages, as I mentioned there are other OT's that have gone past it, and they are way more active than this one.

Creating a new one would only serve to "get us out of community" for a short while, only to be lost on page 10, and the people already subbed to this, might not even bother subbing to the old one.

As Moff said, better wait for TWoW, or at least some large piece of news before creating a new OT.

most of the posts as of late have been regarding creating a new OT or not. come on. The board does not break if we go over 400 pages, as I mentioned there are other OT's that have gone past it, and they are way more active than this one.

Creating a new one would only serve to "get us out of community" for a short while, only to be lost on page 10, and the people already subbed to this, might not even bother subbing to the old one.

As Moff said, better wait for TWoW, or at least some large piece of news before creating a new OT.

This is an utterly bizarre stance to take. You're basically saying go push all discussion of the series into the tv series thread because you want to wait for a more perfect moment to start a new thread? Who cares about that?

Paganmoon

This is an utterly bizarre stance to take. You're basically saying go push all discussion of the series into the tv series thread because you want to wait for a more perfect moment to start a new thread? Who cares about that?

There is not a single new thing to discuss about the books. Everything that can be discussed has been discussed in the past 5 years. Anything new now, unless there's a new chapter released, or GRRM gives a date, will be new info that comes from the show, and that should definitely be kept in the TV-spoiler thread.

Anyway, I'm not a mod, and I don't "own" this OT, just don't think there's any need for it. It'd only be self-serving.

There is not a single new thing to discuss about the books. Everything that can be discussed has been discussed in the past 5 years. Anything new now, unless there's a new chapter released, or GRRM gives a date, will be new info that comes from the show, and that should definitely be kept in the TV-spoiler thread.

Anyway, I'm not a mod, and I don't "own" this OT, just don't think there's any need for it. It'd only be self-serving.

Self-serving for whom? You're not making much sense. It's just a new community thread, it's not a big deal. You're insistence that there needs to be some perfect circumstance to justify it is silly and against how this board works in general.

I must have missed the decree that we could only discuss brand new things

ASOIAF threads are apparently no longer the place for theories or speculation, or going back and revisiting the themes of the series, but only about discussing whatever the latest official info is.

Paganmoon

Self-serving for whom? You're not making much sense.

Self-serving for the one creating the OT, Self-serving for those of us in the asoif community thread of getting the long awaited |OT2|.

Give me a good reason for creating a new OT at this point, when we've gotten a page and a half since February, and more than half of the discussion has been if we should get a new OT or not.

I must have missed the decree that we could only discuss brand new things

ASOIAF threads are apparently no longer the place for theories or speculation, or going back and revisiting the themes of the series, but only about discussing whatever the latest official info is.

There is no decree, jeez... there's been no damned discussion going on months...

Whatever, go for it create it. as I said I don't see the point, other than "getting us out of Community".

We're about to hit the 20k limit, so it's fine if Tubie wants to make a new OT for book discussion.

Sounds good. And if Tubie doesn't want to do it, I will.

Self-serving for the one creating the OT, Self-serving for those of us in the asoif community thread of getting the long awaited |OT2|.
Lol. No one cares about an OT2 and this thread has actually survived this long because no one has wanted the bother to be the person to make a new thread.

Tubie

Sounds good. And if Tubie doesn't want to do it, I will.

Lol. No one cares about an OT2 and this thread has actually survived this long because no one has wanted the bother to be the person to make a new thread.

Actually yea you can make it, I'm kinda busy today :(

And the argument against an OT2 is kinda silly, but at least we already got a mod come in and tell us to make a new thread so that's settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom