• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aaron Greenberg: "there are a lot" of big unannounced Xbox games.

"whole generation"

tmp_4313-zl10sz0_d101acu9d.jpg

And say what you want about the Wii U (I hated that pos) but it had a better first party output than the One has had so far.

You seriously want to make a point using that image?

If they, after maybe a decade, who knows, would deliver on the promises the shit slinging would stop, I'm quite sure about that.
*Looks at all the awesome releases they already did this gen*

Yeah, they are delivering on that.

Big Unannounced Xbox Games:

• Halo 6
• Halo 7
• Forza Motorsport 8
• Forza Horizon 4
• Gears Of War 5
• Gears Of War 6

Dead Rising 3
Killer Instinct
Ryse: Son of Rome
Zoo Tycoon
Crimson Dragon
LocoCycle
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
Powerstar Golf
Xbox Fitness
Kinect Sports Rivals
Project Spark
Sunset Overdrive
D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die
Dance Central Spotlight
Kalimba
Rare Replay
Screamride
State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition
Among the Sleep
Happy Wars
Ori and the Blind Forest
Dead Rising 4 (Dunno if that counts)
Quantum Break
ReCore
Cobalt

OMG you are right, all they have is gears, forza and halo XD

Wamb0wneD

You honestly think most of the people making these comments are concerned about Microsoft's gaming output? That's comedy.

What else? Do you honestly have such a huge persecution complex you can't see what happened in these last years and how a lot of people are fed up with it?

MS managed to alienate Remedy, Insomniac and almost the entirety of japanese devs.
But that was all because those games were bad am i right? Such bad devs, Kamiya is known for doing shit work, as are Remedy and Insomniac.

Kamiya was told to make a multiplayer component for the game in mid development because co-op is all the rage and yet somehow people here managed to blame Kamiya for the game getting canceled because according to them it wasn't of high quality. Fucking Kamiya. Low quality games. I'm lauging.

I read more than once that letting Rare make Kinect games for almost a decade was not entirely on MS. Now THAT is comedy.

The denial related to this company on here is a sight to behold. GAGFaqs alright.

True or not I feel announcing that you have games but aren't willing to tell people is a terrible marketing strategy. It leads to people just assuming you're bullshitting. If people think you have no exclusives then you suddenly drop a load of killer titles they'll be awestruck.

MS managed to alienate Remedy, Insomniac and almost the entirety of japanese devs.
But that was all because those games were bad am i right? Such bad devs, Kamiya is known for doing shit work, as are Remedy and Insomniac.

The issues is that shit didn't sell. MS gave Remedy, Insomniac and companies like Mistwalker and they made great games, but they just didn't sell. I don't really think you can say it was down to a lack of marketing in those cases too. So why should MS continue funding them? Why didn't Sunset sell despite it being amazing? Why did BlueDragon or Lost Odyssey fail despite being better than any JRPG released this gen?

MS PR when it comes to this stuff is so incredibly hard to believe the way they'd like to sell the statement vs. what it actually ends up being.

Lots of concern trolling up in here.

I said it before, now that MS delivered on their most powerful hardware mantra, I see them moving on to exclusive titles. They've been consistently moving in the right direction and it's obvious where their next move is.

You can quote me on this.

Sydle

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the next Halo, Gears, and Forza, all of which I'm going to buy and I'm sure I'll enjoy, but honestly they're not that exciting to think about. They're known quantities, I could write a good portion of the design doc for the next entry in each series and feel confident I'd nail about 80% of it.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Dead Rising 3
Killer Instinct
Zoo Tycoon
Crimson Dragon
LocoCycle
Powerstar Golf
Xbox Fitness
Kinect Sports Rivals
Project Spark
Sunset Overdrive
Dance Central Spotlight
Kalimba
Rare Replay
Screamride
Among the Sleep
Happy Wars
Ori and the Blind Forest
Quantum Break
ReCore
Cobalt

You included some really shitty software in this list, which doesn't help your point.

You included some really shitty software in this list, which doesn't help your point.
Once list wars starts quality goes out the window it's like someone putting kz:shadowfall,knack and the order 1886 they pad the list

There's very quality Microsoft games I'd just argue there aren't enough and when boasting about a powerful console for an entire year ppl expect them to bring big guns with it

What else? Do you honestly have such a huge persecution complex you can't see what happened in these last years and how a lot of people are fed up with it?

Kamiya was told to make a multiplayer component for the game in mid development because co-op is all the rage and yet somehow people here managed to blame Kamiya for the game getting canceled because according to them it wasn't of high quality. Fucking Kamiya. Low quality games. I'm lauging.

I read more than once that letting Rare make Kinect games for almost a decade was not entirely on MS. Now THAT is comedy.

The denial related to this company on here is a sight to behold. GAGFaqs alright.

Persecution complex? I don't own a console. I play on PC but notice the trend of Microsoft related threads regardless of the topic usually devolving into it being bashed. When Psyonix came out and flat out said Sony is blocking crossplay months ago people tried somehow to blame Microsoft and it wasn't till E3 when more developers came out and Sony could no longer be defended for their decision.

This thread was made to go "LOL sure Microsoft!" and nothing more.

Caronte

What happened? Sorry, I missed this.

theWB27

They alienated devs because their games didn't sell? Remedy has two games and you've no idea if that one is with Microsoft. They also gave them a shit ton of time to make a single player game in QB.

Nintendo has managed to alienate almost an entire 3rd party industry.

Scalebound was getting lukewarmb receptions at best and people want to keep pretending there was something there just because it was kamiya. And by all accounts that split didn't seem to break any partnership that could come in the future between the two.

The fact you think a developer is incapable of not performing is laughable to say the least.

blakep267

You don't have any idea what your talking about do you?

- Scalebound had co-op from the start
- Scalebound looked amazing in all of its showings. But that's not on Kamiya
- Rare released 3 Kinect games. Between 2010 and 2014. 3 games in 4 years somehow equals a decade. The Kinect hasn't even been out a decade lol. It released in 2010. And also those Kinect sports games were the best selling rare games in ages
- MS alienated Remedy and Insomniac?if by alienate you mean not making sequels to games, then the industry alienates every dev.

brawly

Yes. They went creative early last gen, acquired lots of exciting exclusives and then basically held up both middle fingers to hardcore gamers in 2010 up to and including the One reveal. They have been resting on Halo, Gears and Forza since 2010.

list of exclusives

This might just be the all time worst exclusive library of any 3D console ever. And I love Ori and SO.

Floody

What happened? Sorry, I missed this.

Think people think because there's no Sunset Overdrive 2, there must be some bad blood between them. When it's clear Insomniac just have way bigger things on their plate with Spider-Man.

Remedy are making stuff tfor PS4 now too after QB bombed, but I think that was inevitable anyways, be reaching saying it's solely because of QB and now the relationship has soured.

They really should go back and see what made 360 special for MS. It wasn't about unfair pixel advantage. The team behind the 360 pushed many different kinds of games that gamers were attracted to, and the online component pushed it further. It felt like a console for gamers.

Now with Phil "all talk" Spencer in charge, it's all about true 4k (sometimes), uncompromised pixels, it's a monster, but doesn't provide the games to show it. I don't get that same feeling that they care, and it's all about marketing pixel advantage only.

Alienfan

There are more reasons to doubt Microsoft when it comes to first party than Nintendo.

I guess, but the Wii U didn't inspire confidence and considering their console relies almost solely on first party, I don't think their announced games (most without release dates) are really enough to give them the benefit of the doubt either.

Chris1

- MS alienated Remedy and Insomniac?if by alienate you mean not making sequels to games, then the industry alienates every dev.
I wonder if he thinks Sony alienated insomniac when they wouldn't fund sunset overdrive and they had to ship it else where (ms)

freefornow

Gold Member
I'm sure Albert is sitting at his desk quietly chuckling to himself while reading this thread.
Every.Single. MS/Phil/Mike/Albert/Larry. Thread.

Wamb0wneD

*Looks at all the awesome releases they already did this gen*

Yeah, they are delivering on that.

Killer Instinct Nice figher, yes.
Ryse: Son of Rome Moneyhatted
Zoo Tycoon Okay...
Crimson Dragon I mean at least it's outside of their usual portfolio i guess.
LocoCycle ...
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood neat game.
Powerstar Golf Lol..
Xbox Fitness Ahahaha are you serious?
Kinect Sports Rivals I guess you are serious...
Project Spark I'm dying.
Sunset Overdrive Oh wow a legit good AAA IP they decided doesn't deserve a sequel
D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die Never heard of it.
Dance Central Spotlight Again lmao.
Kalimba Never heard of it.
Rare Replay Nice gesture i guess.
Screamride Shit game.
State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition Oh another nice exclusive.
Among the Sleep Nice idea meh execution
Happy Wars Meh
Ori and the Blind Forest Oh wow a genuienly excellent exclusive!
Dead Rising 4 (Dunno if that counts) It doesn't. And if it would the game is horseshit.
Quantum Break Nice idea, meh execution in most peoples eyes
ReCore If only that game lived up to expectations. Great potential.
Cobalt Looked it up, really bad artstyle.

You were really scraping the bottom of the barrel here with some of these and the fact that's all for the console since it's launch 4 years ago and the critical reception of 90% of that list being middling at best really doesn't help your point. Like, at all.

Renna Hazel

You don't have any idea what your talking about do you?

- Scalebound had co-op from the start
- Scalebound looked amazing in all of its showings. But that's not on Kamiya
- Rare released 3 Kinect games. Between 2010 and 2014. 3 games in 4 years somehow equals a decade. The Kinect hasn't even been out a decade lol. It released in 2010. And also those Kinect sports games were the best selling rare games in ages

Kinect or not, Rare hasn't released an original non-Kinect game since 2008. It's really upsetting and I can definitely relate to anyone upset by that.

Came here for this. Guess will have to "Wait till E3" again, and hope they give us something out of left field like a Ryse 2, Proper Fable sequel, etc. Don't get me wrong the library is there, but theres nothing AAA "big" and exciting IP like the Gears and Halo's of the past 😭

Well, I can see this thread is going well.

Anyway, I hope they deliver on this. Pretty obvious at this point that Halo and Gears are going to be 2018 and 2019. I just want to see some new IP to go along with them.

what does aaron greenbergs shit 1080p pr has to do with a thread on 1st party games?
The other 2 console makers have a wider variety of exclusives and a way higher output with these in general.
both nintendo and microsoft has a games problem. nintendo is missing majority of 3rd party games which is an even bigger problem then lack of first party. both need to and hopefully will improve. you can criticize without concern trolling

Lifeline

Dead Rising 3
Killer Instinct
Zoo Tycoon
Crimson Dragon
LocoCycle
Powerstar Golf
Xbox Fitness
Kinect Sports Rivals
Project Spark
Sunset Overdrive
Dance Central Spotlight
Kalimba
Rare Replay
Screamride
Among the Sleep
Happy Wars
Ori and the Blind Forest
Quantum Break
ReCore
Cobalt

I don't think scraping the barrel that deep helps your point

univbee

Dead Rising 3
Killer Instinct
Zoo Tycoon
Crimson Dragon
LocoCycle
Powerstar Golf
Xbox Fitness
Kinect Sports Rivals
Project Spark
Sunset Overdrive
Dance Central Spotlight
Kalimba
Rare Replay
Screamride
Among the Sleep
Happy Wars
Ori and the Blind Forest
Quantum Break
ReCore
Cobalt

You forgot Fighter Within.

Also both Project Spark and Xbox Fitness are 100% shutdown and literally unplayable now. In other words, you also forgot Fable Legends and Scalebound.

Lothars

I said it before, now that MS delivered on their most powerful hardware mantra, I see them moving on to exclusive titles. They've been consistently moving in the right direction and it's obvious where their next move is.

i haven't seen these moves in the right direction yet other than normal Microsoft marketing speech. So I will be curious to see this obvious move that your referring to.

At this point you have to be pretty naive to take anything coming out of this company's xbox pr heads/mouthpieces without a truckload of salt.
Particularly regarding first party games. Been hearing this line for years.

Loris146

The issue here is: who is making these new ip? 343i is working on Halo 6 100%. The Coalition will work on Gears 5 99.9%. Playground is working on FH4 and a new ip correct? Rare is busy with Sea of Thieves. I don't think any major third party studio will work on a AAA xbox esclusive. Maybe they will create a new studio? This could take a lot of time.

Hero

Launching a console at 499 without a single killer app is moving in the right direction?

nynt9

what does aaron greenbergs shit 1080p pr has to do with a thread on 1st party games?

both nintendo and microsoft has a games problem. nintendo is missing majority of 3rd party games which is an even bigger problem then lack of first party. both need to and hopefully will improve. you can criticize without concern trolling

It has everything to do with how reliable his rhetoric is. He will say anything to get a "win", regardless of accuracy.

kc44135

I'm not sure why anyone here is doubting this. There are undoubtedly plenty of unannounced games coming to Xbox. I can't wait to play them on my PS4! ;)

So, when Sony says this, everyone is cool and says, "Of course", but when Microsoft says pretty much the exact same thing, almost everyone is doubting? Yeah, that makes sense...

So, when Sony says this, everyone is cool and says, "Of course", but when Microsoft says pretty much the exact same thing, almost everyone is doubting? Yeah, that makes sense...
Sony and Nintendo have consistently released games all year and have plenty more for the end of the year, we have a layout for Boths early 2018 as well.

Microsoft have been quiet all year except for hyping Scorpio and now yet again stuff the few exclusives they do have into an already packed holiday.

I don't blame ppl
They needed to show more

Top Bottom