• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

About those PS5 console covers..

Karmic Raze

I just ordered a Volcanic Red DualSense and matching Console Covers, but I was confused to see it was made with a disc drive design since I have the Slim Digital Edition. Upon further inspection, it looks like that’s the only one they’re selling.

So, am I supposed to attach a cover for my PS5 Slim that has a place for a non-existent disc drive?

Banjo64

cumsessed
I just ordered a Volcanic Red DualSense and matching Console Covers, but I was confused to see it was made with a disc drive design since I have the Slim Digital Edition. Upon further inspection, it looks like that’s the only one they’re selling.

So, am I supposed to attach a cover for my PS5 Slim that has a place for a non-existent disc drive?
You just buy the covers that are marked ‘digital edition’.

Grimmjon

Neo Member
3pM6ItH.png

PS5 Console (model group - slim) have 5 plates.

Last edited:

Three

I'm going to go with no.
Those official descriptions are so confusingly stupid.

• These covers are compatible with PS5 consoles with a disc drive only*
  • Not compatible with PS5 Console (model group - slim).
  • PS5 console, vertical stand, console covers, and DualSense wireless controller sold separately.
Who the hell says "console covers sold separately" on a description for a console cover. Who uses "Not compatible with PS5 Console (model group - slim)" instead of "not compatible with slim model of PS5 console".

Anyway, to clear things up: The PS5 phat has official console covers that are sold separately for each version, disc or digital. You need to buy the correct one for your Phat PS5 console. The Slim covers include both the disc and discless covers in the box. So if you bought an official volcanic Red PS5 cover for your slim it should come with both the disc and discless cover.

Last edited:
Those official descriptions are so confusingly stupid.

Who the hell says "console covers sold separately" on a description for a console cover. Who uses "Not compatible with PS5 Console (model group - slim)" instead of "not compatible with slim model of PS5 console".

Anyway, to clear things up: The PS5 phat has official console covers that are sold separately for each version, disc or digital. You need to buy the correct one for your Phat PS5 console. The Slim covers include both the disc and discless covers in the box. So if you bought an official volcanic Red PS5 cover for your slim it should come with both the disc and discless cover.
hMSKkNi.jpg
znjBWeg.jpg

Top Bottom