• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

According to Bioware project director, Mass Effect 5 will be made by the original Mass Effect Trilogy veterans

AzekZero

Neo Member
For me, Mass Effect is in a similar spot as Game of Thrones right after seasons 7+8. ME5 is following up multiple stinkers (ME3 Endings, ME4) but it could end up being a good game.

I'm not gonna hold my breath for DA4 and ME5, but if Bioware surprise me I'll give em another chance.

Topher

Gold Member
Good. The 4th was an abomination!

I thought the 4th was pretty good. It was just released a year too early.

Do you guys think BioWare will be euthanized before Dragon Age 4 launches? Or after it flops?
Shut Your Mouth Reaction GIF

Last edited:

Flabagast

When the game was announced four years ago the dev progress was at 1%.

Now it must be 5% max. I doubt this will ever release

Kacho

Who would have thought monetization plans weren't going to be the primary concern for future BioWare games under EA?

Who are these vets btw? Names carry weight, not vague assertions. I feel like we should see how Dragon Age 4 turns out before getting too excited. That might be enough for Papa EA to do the needful.

Paltheos

Some members of leadership, clearly, from the tweet, but that doesn't equate to all of them or the staff, nor does it account for the company cultural and technological differences. This sounds like some hopium sniffing to me. Hasn't Bioware been gutted over the years?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
For any of you who didn't play ME2 and want to play it one day, maybe midway through the game there is a Battle Rifle (googling it I think it was the M-76 Revenant). It's a high powered fully auto rifle that's basically a machine gun. Do what you need to do to upgrade the Accuracy of it (I forget how). You'll be mowing down enemies in record time. Without upgrading accuracy is has lots of recoil

Kydd BlaZe

REALLY hoping for BioWare to return to form. The original Mass Effect Trilogy were some of my favorite games of all time (specifically ME2). Recently re-played the trilogy through the Legendary Edition last month and had a blast with these games all over again. The fact that Anthem and Andromeda turned out so awful was SHOCKING to me, because I always held BioWare in a very high regard. Hoping Mass Effect Next is an absolute BANGER.

Fbh

That just means people who also worked at the studio during the time they made ME1-3. Doesn't mean any of the relevant people will come back.

The blue haired, non binary, social justice obsessed individual writing the latest Dragon Age is also a Mass Effect vet. That doesn't give me any confidence the next DA won't be trash.

Last edited:

Pimpollo818

was Mass Effect THAT good, really? Methinks not. Even when I played it AS they came out (mind you I only played 1 and 2) I thought they were good (combat was mid, but reactivity/C&C was good), but masterpiece level? Not even close.

LordOfChaos

I thought they were calling it ME4, since Andromeda was a separate title? Just confirming, this is the next one coming up, not the one after it, right?

Top Bottom