• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

I don't expect plebs like Freeza or Hiloid to appreciate the finer quality filmmaking of Dr Strange.

Says the guy buying Suicide Squad figures.

Messi returns! Again! I was starting to miss him too.

Don't lie to him.
It was a long 13 hours.

Best 13 hours this thread has ever seen.

I have to support them in that most comic movies are indeed schlock that's usually not worth seeking yourself. I guess if you happen to find yourself near a movie theater or inside an airplane with nothing to do you can check them out.

I think there's a lot of good CBMs out there, but Dr. Strange was like the most MCU formula of the MCU films ever. Visually it's a lot of fun but that was it.

what is going on in here

This is my world you're just living in it.

Hot-Toys-Grand-Moff-Tarkin-016.jpg

Hot-Toys-Grand-Moff-Tarkin-and-Darth-Vader-015.jpg

Not sure why there's a two pack.

Sillution

Hey everyone,

I have a bunch of Star Wars The Power of the Force series from the 90's figures brand new and still in box I was looking to sell. I found out they really aren't worth much when looking online at their prices. Do you think it's worth attempting to sell them all as a group lot somewhere online or should I just not even bother selling these.

LiK

Hey everyone,

I have a bunch of Star Wars The Power of the Force series from the 90's figures brand new and still in box I was looking to sell. I found out they really aren't worth much when looking online at their prices. Do you think it's worth attempting to sell them all as a group lot somewhere online or should I just not even bother selling these.

I recommend just selling them as a lot if you don't think selling them individually will be worth it. Try GAF BST, here or eBay etc

LiK

Anyone here looking for any HT Iron Man figures? I wanna know before I start shoving them onto eBay. All are sealed.

Bii

Anyone here looking for any HT Iron Man figures? I wanna know before I start shoving them onto eBay. All are sealed.

You have a list? I'm not looking for one specifically but if there's a deal that I can't pass up, I would be interested in one or two.

Sillution

I recommend just selling them as a lot if you don't think selling them individually will be worth it. Try GAF BST, here or eBay etc

Thank you for the advice.

If anyone here is interested in some Star Wars figures from the 90's let me know. I'll let them go for really cheap as a whole group lot. I have a lot brand new in boxes and some loose but complete.

PF K2 went up. Kinda want since I have a little K2 collection going but probably gonna pass. Now when best new Star Wars character Phasma goes up though, time to spend some money.

Looks more realistic than Rogue One.

There's a two pack because Tarkin and Vader in A New Hope were sort of duo. It makes sense from a collector standpoint if you don't have Vader already.

Someone should redo the scenes with stop motion using the HT figure. Clearly the best way to achieve it.

I thought Tarkin looked good in Rogue One tho.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Tarkin looked really bad but I'd rank that around #1,867 on my list of problems with Rogue One.
Leia looked fine until she started moving her mouth. (only saw that part on Youtube, though, just because I was curious about the CGI for her)

WolfStark

Tarkin looked really bad but I'd rank that around #1,867 on my list of problems with Rogue One.
Leia looked fine until she started moving her mouth. (only saw that part on Youtube, though, just because I was curious about the CGI for her)

I think Tarkin looked awesome, way better then the horrendous make-up in Episode III. I just think that if you can't achieve a really life-like outcome, you should at least try covering it up. And that's ranking in my top 100 of issues, what is the point of all these "in your face"-scenes? Tarkin, Leia (especially Leia, boy as that bad), Ponda Baba & Dr. Evazan, C-3PO & R2D2. Sublety is king.

Regarding the Hot Toys figure:
It's great and I LOVE that it comes with the chair, instead of just a bunch of not really fitting weapons. Tarkin is one of my favorite characters in Star Wars and especially the original trilogy, his scenes are great especially the conference room scene. I think I have to get this sooner or later. Would love if HT does a Thrawn figure too, that would be gold.

camo

Does anyone know where I could get a real Metal Gear Solid V RM-015 Venom Snake Olive Drab Ver Revoltech from? I'm a bit sceptical about the ones from the far east (on amazon/ebay).

micro-yamaguchi-revol-mini-rm015-metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-412763.2.jpg

Does anyone know where I could get a real Metal Gear Solid V RM-015 Venom Snake Olive Drab Ver Revoltech from? I'm a bit sceptical about the ones from the far east (on amazon/ebay).

micro-yamaguchi-revol-mini-rm015-metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-412763.2.jpg

Holy shit the green pants version really sky-rocketed in price, I still have mine in mint condition in its box.
The grey pants version can still be had for a reasonable price, if you are going to buy on ebay from somebody from Japan with reputation you are going to get the real deal just avoid chinese sellers.
Sadly the figure came out in 2015 so chances of founding one on a regular online store at a decent price are very unlikely.

KingV

Holy shit the green pants version really sky-rocketed in price, I still have mine in mint condition in its box.
The grey pants version can still be had for a reasonable price, if you are going to buy on ebay from somebody from Japan with reputation you are going to get the real deal just avoid chinese sellers.
Sadly the figure came out in 2015 so chances of founding one on a regular online store at a decent price are very unlikely.

There were two versions of this? Was one a "special edition" or just some sort of running change?

I know I have the initial release sitting in a bin somewhere. I'd be willing to sell it, but don't remember the color of his pants off hand.

Edit: I need to dump some One:12 collectives and Star Wars Figuarts too. Mostly Web Exclusives/con exclusives that I don't display.

batfax

Figma Akira Yuki suddenly dropped down to $25 on Amazon and he is awesome. I wish my shelf didn't have such crappy lighting because he is fun to pose but I can't take a picture worth sharing at all. I wish the low poly idea caught on because now I totally want a bunch.

1upsuper

Amiami shipped it to me with no plug, so that's another option.

I have to admit, that does look pretty cool, and it's always nice when a figure from a low key franchise gets made.
However, you're still a student, right? Better to hold off on it for now.

You're right. But some day, if it doesn't explode in price, it will be fine.

Rootbeer

Banned
Amazon UK finally got ML Hela up. Just got my order in.
Thor wave is not to be underestimated, I've been messing with them the last couple days and it keeps occuring to me how far this line has come even in the last couple years in terms of sculpt, articulation and paint quality. Lots of accessories (a lot of past figures often came with nothing at all), and an excellent, huge build-a-figure in the new Hulk.

Hope people are not passing it over!

Aug amiami.com order already in. SHF Homecoming Spider-Man and Mafex RotJ Boba Fett heading my way.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
SAL only took 11 days this time. Nice.

Benhur

More upcoming Boss Fight stuff looking great

New Knight is an instant purchase.

I was there today as well. I'd never heard about this company until I saw their stuff in this thread and I'm glad I went to the Collector Con today. I spoke with a couple of people at Boss Fight and they were great to talk with. I ended up getting a knight and the Blasted Orc.

The convention itself was fun to visit and I ended up getting a bunch of stuff I had been on the fence about. The willpower goes way down when you end up seeing it in person.

I was there today as well. I'd never heard about this company until I saw their stuff in this thread and I'm glad I went to the Collector Con today. I spoke with a couple of people at Boss Fight and they were great to talk with. I ended up getting a knight and the Blasted Orc.

The convention itself was fun to visit and I ended up getting a bunch of stuff I had been on the fence about. The willpower goes way down when you end up seeing it in person.

My will to resist this line is fading...
Yup, I was originally only considering like one or two till I saw them in person.
Now I have loads of the Greek figures and plan on buying all the Fantasy stuff.

Its really amazing how well this and Marauders stuff is doing(and the quality)

Bii

Got around to opening my Mezco One:12 X-Men Deadpool. Although I own quite a few Star Wars Black Series and Marvel Legends figures, I haven't been impressed with figures in this size/scale until now. I like the soft goods used for the body as well as the accessories for it. There are these small grenades that can fit into the grenade chamber of the machine gun which I find rather neat.

I'm kind of kicking myself for passing on Miles Morales when I was at SDCC. Fortunately, aftermarket prices isn't too bad.

camo

It has shot up indeed! I'll keep trawling ebay to see if one pops up.

There were two versions of this? Was one a "special edition" or just some sort of running change?

I know I have the initial release sitting in a bin somewhere. I'd be willing to sell it, but don't remember the color of his pants off hand.

Did you find out which one you have?

Buying from Mandarake is pretty much a guarantee that you won't get a bootleg. They have one RM-012 in stock right now.

http://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1064449684&ref=list

Looks like it's sold out on there but thanks for the heads up.

Rirse

Neo Member
So where is the web order page for the SDCC Hasbro figures going to be at? Is it the Hasbro Toyshop or another site? Not that bumme if I miss them, but wouldn't mind getting it today.

So where is the web order page for the SDCC Hasbro figures going to be at? Is it the Hasbro Toyshop or another site? Not that bumme if I miss them, but wouldn't mind getting it today.

Yep HTS. Maybe since SW stuff isn't going up it won't be as bad.

HT War Machine Mark 3 comes in today. Excited to complete my tiny display with him and the 46 now.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Same question... I have a Mark VII I'm looking to sell. Never been opened (I don't think... I may have slid the holder out to look at it, but never took anything out of the packaging).

Top Bottom