• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Got my Metal build Seven Sword in today thanks to David. Opened it and I find the whole thing so daunting so many pieces. Will mess around with it tomorrow.

Messi

You guys can all call off the search, on force friday I found The Last Jedi. She was in front of us the whole time.

M2csxOr.jpg

finally a use for my BB8 and lightsaber

Snaku

Banned

Damn the new Vader is nice. Can't believe Hasbro made the definitive 6 inch scale Vader, but they really did. I typically hate soft goods at this scale, but the look and feel just adds to the authenticity.

Metal Build Gundams are fucking ridiculous holy shit. Might be my fave figure of the year right now.
7S/G is amazing.

I wish they'd make some for Gundams I actually give a fuck about, though. I liked the Destiny but I'm not paying $300 for it.
dude, you're complaining about the price after it's risen on the market. obviously, prices go up on these.

How big are the Metal Builds? Because I don't see how they justify the price unless they're pretty big.
the one Haloid got can be had for 140-150usd plus 25 shipping depend in the Yen rate to your country.

getting it through Bluefin (the US distributors) is a risk, they sometimes set the retail price in the US so high... this was $229 retail in the US. i'd rather pay 150 plus whatever shipping than 229. Nippon Yasan had it for $130 but it sold out instantly.

just try and grab it pre-order night at amiami, hlj, Nippon yasan Cdjapan. etc.
though it's freaking hard as hell.

the only thing i wanted to get through bluefin bc i was desperate the latest Metal Build Quan T bc i could not get another pre-order anywhere. that thing was so hard to get. even the US sites are gone.

Vyer

Damn the new Vader is nice. Can't believe Hasbro made the definitive 6 inch scale Vader, but they really did. I typically hate soft goods at this scale, but the look and feel just adds to the authenticity.

This is that anniversary one?

This is that anniversary one?

Yeah but it’s been repacked in regular Black Series packaging without the fancy stand for half the price.

Seriously guys I need more Metal Builds I don’t even like Gundam but the quality of this figure is insane. I stuck him on my random HT shelf because they’re the only other figures I own of similar quality.

dh4niel

I always hate the material they use too. Always looks off. Might have to pick this up though, I'm always super picky and none of the other Vader's I've seen have been good enough.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Yeah but it’s been repacked in regular Black Series packaging without the fancy stand for half the price.

Not really, because the one with the stand was widely available for $15 lately.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
pls more Dragon Ball figures
shfkidgoku-15.jpg

Man I really love the SH figuarts figures for Dragonball, I just wish the price of the figures didn't skyrocket once the figures went out of production. I got in early and got Goku and SDCC anime colored Vegeta at my first and only comicon.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I just found Jane Foster Thor at a Walmart that I don't usually go to.
That's all the remotely hard to find Ragnarok stuff out of the way.
EDIT: Aaaaaaand I got gladiator Thor and young Thor for $10 each. Boom, done. $90 plus tax for the whole wave.

TAJ

After one night the shaft of my Legends gladiator Hulk's hammer was drooping around 30 degrees. I know Hasbro has heard of hard plastic because they've used it before.
I wish I had access to a drill press right now. I think this calls for some brass tubing. I'm debating just cutting out the middle section with one of my pipe cutters and then drilling the leftover parts individually.

Top Bottom