• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision/Infinity Ward is opening a new studio in Austin, TX

Via GamingLeaksAndRumours subreddit:
Infinity Ward has opened a brand new studio in Austin, TX. The studio will work on creating new and innovative experiences for Call of Duty® and create state of the art technology to power them. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment to unleash your creativity and help make the extraordinary.

Valt7786

Cool, hopefully they'll keep on with their vision for CoD and stop pandering to the zoomers crying about movement.
But also ya know, evolve the campaigns a little bit too.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I wonder what's next for Call of Duty, they've practically done every setting there is so far.

In an interview a few months back they said they already have a roadmap for annual CoD releases up-to 2027.

One of them is probably a Modern Warfare 4, considering how it ends on a cliffhanger.

I wouldn't be surprised if they also revisit the Black Ops era again, those ones always seem to be popular.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if they revisit the futuristic warfare, for all the flack Advanced and Infinite Warfare(s) got, those are still two of the best CoD games in recent memory.

Dinosaurs
please and thank you season 4 GIF

Darsxx82

I think ACTV already opened another Studio recently and also expanded the staff of the existing ones. Hopefully this could be a sign that it "frees" other Studios from the burden of codev COD and offering them their own projects (Raven, Toyfbob, Radical, Beenox, High Moon...).

The amount of staff and personal support that COD and Warfare require is incredible, and it seems that to keep up with the current pace they still require more 😅.

In an ideal world, MS should bet on the opportunity to create a new IP that would take over from COD every 2 years. I'm sure it could be a hit especially among people who buy COD every year and also want something new.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Interesting, which other studios are there?

Arkane Austin? Who made Redfall? Hmm I wonder.
The team that made Fallout 76.

in general though Austin is a good place to start a new tech company - it's a university city, fast growing, trendy amongst millenials and zoomers, etc.

Hudo

I would very much like an Infinite Warfare 2, please. Even more so now that Respawn and EA can't be bothered to make a Titanfall 3.

California: "Stop being douchebags or we'll fine you."
Texas: "Make out your checks to the Texas State Tax Commission and you can harass as many employees as you want."

Top Bottom